Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: English-Hindi translator 🙏 | 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rated freelancer on Upwork | 🎯 and 👍  (Read 208 times)
siddartha1492 (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:28:37 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 07:11:36 AM by siddartha1492

Hello All

I am Siddartha Gupta, a native Indian and here to promote my English-Hindi and vice versa translation services. Before I present my details, I wanted to say something regarding Hindi language and it's speakers.

Hindi is the main language of India, which is the second largest populated country in the world. I see most projects localize to many languages like Spanish, Russian etc. and in Asian sector, Chinese, Korean and Japanese is given more preference. But Hindi language is given very less preference. And I can totally understand the reasons which are mainly that native Indians are currently not much aware of the crypto world and those who are in crypto world, are also mainly for free earnings and not to invest much. Surely an average Indian invests much less than an average Chinese, Japanese or a South Korean. Maybe just a bit higher than Pakistan, Sri Lanka and  Bangladesh. But the reason to localize to Indian languages, especially Hindi is that Indians are slowly but surely becoming more aware of the crypto world. That's why even companies like Billdesk are opening crypto exchanges in India, even though cryptocurrency is a gray sector in India, that is Govt. has not banned the cryptos, but isn't interested to promote them also, and keeps warning citizens that they may lose money in the crypto world and Govt. would not be responsible for it. In spite of Govt. advice, Bitcoin trades are increasing on Bitcoin exchanges like Unocoin, which is the main Bitcoin exchange/wallet in India. In fact, Bitcoin is selling at much higher rates in India. For example the current BTC rate is $9,710, but in India it has already crossed $10k with exact figures to be $10,801 at the time of writing this post. So obviously there is a great demand of Bitcoins in India. And when people buy Bitcoins, then they are officially into the crypto world (currently Bitcoin is the only valid entry gate to the crypto world for Indians). After they acquire Bitcoins, they can then obviously explore more options like ETH, Steem, LTC etc. and then ICOs and other things.

After reading all these things, I am sure you would understand that the potential is great, it will just take more time and awareness to bring more Indians to crypto space and to get bigger percentage of contributions from them.

On to my details.
I am an Indian citizen and know only 2 languages which I can fully understand, read, write and speak. Those 2 languages are Hindi and English. I am fluent in both the languages. I am a 5 star rated freelancer on Upwork and this can be verified here: https://www.upwork.com. I have worked with many clients via Upwork, including famous Canadian Chef Eric Arrouzé, Wikihow, an electricity company in US, a struggling actor of Hollywood, Lionbridge and many more. Currently I am working on a localization project for Lionbridge. The project is a continuous project. My main forte is localization and practical translation, instead of literal translation. This is what I learnt while working with Wikihow and Lionbridge, that translation should not be literal, unless and until required by the particular projects. They should be more practical and if possible localized, which includes changing the words, but keeping the original meaning intact. I have seen many translations on Bitcointalk, and most of them are literal translations. People now a days don't speak their languages in a pure state. The focus is more on native language + English and that should be respected while translating the content.

OK, well I guess I have ranted enough! If any project manager, individual wants to translate their project, lines in Hindi language, then they are most welcome. My current rate per 1000 words is $50. Of course the price is negotiable, you just need to convince me!! I am more than happy to take payments in Bitcoin, ETH and Steem. Also if your project is a token based project, then I would love to have some of the native tokens as souvenir.

You can contact me via this thread or PM me on Bitcointalk, Skype(siddartha1492), Telegram(siddartha1492), Discord(siddartha) etc.

Thanking You
Siddartha Gupta

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoolWave

Activity: 630
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:59:22 AM

Indian language is being preferred these days as by 2050 India will be most populated country in the world meaning its most "adaptable" land . In India btc has crossed 7 lakhs value which is a lot more than 10k $$$ especially in Zebpay . I would say your rate is much cheaper as people are being paid $30 for 245 words . You must rethink over your rate .
siddartha1492 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:39:56 AM

Thanks for the suggestions CoolWave. I didn't knew that rates this high are being paid here. But I guess I will use my original rate, till I get my first project here. Then I will update it if required.

siddartha1492 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 02:56:47 PM

$1000 earned on Upwork via translation jobs. And that too with 5 star ratings! If you need the attention of Indians (second largest population) for your project, then look no further. Just contact me. I don't just translate, I localize!!

siddartha1492 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

Localize your project to Hindi language and reach the ever growing Indian crypto community.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: