Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LEAKED] Private Bitcoin Foundation Discussions On Blacklisting, more (ZIP dump)  (Read 61110 times)
TheoryOfBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:08:41 PM

The following is a dump of full HTML files (identifying parts removed) of private Bitcoin Foundation discussions on Bitcoin blacklisting, transaction reversing, and create a new proof of work called "proof of sacrifice" for asset forfeiture.

It is VERY important that you understand what is going on behind closed doors of the Bitcoin Foundation. I am absolutely disgusted by the approach the foundation is taking to make Bitcoin no longer an open payments system, but rather a restricted, locked down platform with central control in the form of the current certificate authority structure, blacklisting of Bitcoins, reversing transactions and much more.

It always starts off small - like a UI that tells you coins are no longer fungible. It will lead into a locked down Bitcoin - that the rich wants.

PLEASE READ SATOSHI'S BITCOIN WHITE PAPER.

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

This Is What Bitcoin Stands For. No trusted central authorities like Verisign. No transaction "meditating" or reversing. No blacklists of bitcoin - bitcoins must be fungible.

------- DUMP ------

http://uppit.com/qu6jyr37eata (fastest?)

http://depositfiles.com/files/z6shx9x8d

http://www.putlocker.com/file/55BC84500FAC90FE

-----------------------

Included:

A network of your peers - General - Bitcoin Foundation
A network of your peers - Page 2 - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 2 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 3 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Coin tracking - Page 4 - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation
Deep concern about the foundation's chairman of Law and Policy (Mike Hearn) pushing for coin taint - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Deep concern about the foundation's chairman of Law and Policy (Mike Hearn) pushing for coin taint - Page 2 - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Just in case you think Bitcoin has it hard with AML laws - General - Bitcoin Foundation
Position C.1 - Selectively mediated transactions are good for consumer protection - Law and Policy - Bitcoin Foundation

-----------------------

Also please read this.

Preface: Your upvotes contribute to his google search.

I believe it is worth exposing each person in this new CoInvalidation team. Yifu is a dishonest criminal of bitcoins, dollars, time, and his actions speak to a nefarious character. Google him, it's been covered.

Well, what about the other guys? The coin purse, cofounder, and government connections guy is Matthew Mellon.

First, let me preface this with saying Matt has really great family lawyers. They have attacked (and removed) a lot of articles exposing him and reporting on his past. If you report on this on your blog, he will send legal to come after you.
So, who is Matt?

Matthew Mellon is part of one of America’s most influential and wealthy families — with ties like Gulf Oil, Carnegie Mellon University and Alcoa. Matthew inherited a $25 million trust fund at only 21, and started blowing it on cocaine, guns, celebrity company, and whatever other ridiculous or dangerous things he could get his hands on. He almost overdosed, and instead of reforming, he divorced his wife went back to hit the slopes some more. He fired his next fiancee, and left her financially dry, only to jump to another woman shortly after.
Some stuff he's done that went public:

Matthew Mellon historically had a nasty breakup which exposed his crack, cocaine, and business embezzlement.

Matthew Mellon is friends enough with this ex-Paris Hilton boyfriend asshat, having borrowed him funds which also funded Brandon's drug use.

Matthew Mellon was likely involved in a hacking scandal which his lawyers cleaned up nicely. The problem with making a website also apologize is it leaves traces.

Matthew Mellon also threatened lawsuit to take another article down here. "the wealthy Matthew Mellon thought they needn't act as average people, so instead they've, through their attorneys, tried to scare us."

A report still up shows that Matthew Mellon allegedly hired wire-tapping on his ex-wife. Do you trust him with your validation? On further research, he was arrested and charged.

For you political folks, I will let you make your own decision on Matthew Mellon's contributions to Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney. He has donated both separately (majorly to Ryan) and combined. This includes the defunding of Medicare and Medicaid.

I'm sure I could keep digging wonderful things, but this post is getting too fucking long. Matthew Mellon, and associates [Alex Waters & Yufi Guo, if you read this: fuck. you.

Alex Waters, you're next. And Kashmir Hill - thanks for your previous exposure but you are a shill. Your spin shows your lack of spine and willingness to suck the institutionalized finance dick. Fuck you too.

-----------------------

BOYCOTT anything that places control of bitcoin to any authority (Verisign, US FinCEN, Bitcoin Foundation or Anything) - instead of being a very decentralized payment network and digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:13:50 PM

This is why we need alternative blockchains. Bitcoin is going mainstream.

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
TheoryOfBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:18:45 PM

We do not need alternate blockchains. There is only one Bitcoin.

The real Bitcoin, as stated in the design paper, has fungible Bitcoins.

The real Bitcoin, as stated in the design paper, has no authorities regulating it.

The real Bitcoin, as stated in the design paper, has irreversible transactions.

Anything that changes away from these 3 principles is not Bitcoin, despite what they may call itself.

You (yes you) is a thousand times more powerful than the Bitcoin Foundation. Boycott any modification that makes Bitcoin no longer Bitcoin.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:06:41 PM

Thank you very much for this public service. It's sad that things like this need to get leaked because it's behind closed doors. But if that's the case; so be it.

I'm going to read this through now so that I can form my own opinion about this. As should everyone.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:48:39 PM

Mike's argument is that Redlisting is not blacklisting because

But in no circumstance would you be expected to say "I won't accept those coins".

Heres a quote from Mike talking about the implications of CryptoLocker (CL) using a mixing service in order evade the Redlisting mechanism.

This program would presumably be public, so CL would respond. The most obvious counter-move is to use a public mixing service like the one run by blockchain.info. These mixes aren't truly P2P, so the b.i server (or clients) could check and refuse to mix marked coins

Bit of a contradiction Smiley
lucaspm98

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:51:10 PM

Thank you so much, I will be reading all of this. We need to deal will this swiftly and fiercely, it could undermine the whole Bitcoin initiative.
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:52:05 PM

Mike Hearn should be casted away into oblivion.
harlemx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:54:55 PM

They are destroying the work of satoshi which aimed decentralized currency. Maybe its time to find a new bitcoin developers.
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:00:05 PM

Simply put; I agree with Peter Todd. Nothing else to add.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:02:37 PM

They are destroying the work of satoshi which aimed decentralized currency. Maybe its time to find a new bitcoin developers.

What useful was added into Satoshi's client since the foundation was created?
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:03:09 PM

Can you post it in less suspicious (trojan free) form?
like plain text files?

could this be the counter solution?
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-dark-wallet
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:09:04 PM

Can you post it in less suspicious (trojan free) form?
like plain text files?

could this be the counter solution?
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-dark-wallet
Yes I would also rather see this in a plaintext form if possible.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
TheoryOfBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:25:11 PM

It's in html format so spacing, avatars, titles, etc are preserved. It is simply HTML saved, any malware would have to be a browser zero day.

Please feel free to host the html files on your server if you would like to make the information more accessible.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:25:53 PM

In my view, this "redlist" process has already gained enough steam that it will be implemented in one form or another.

If Satoshi were still in this 3d reality I'm sure he would be opposed to this ridiculous perverting of his ideal and supportive of altcoins that are true to the principles of freedom and independence.

Bitcoin is now the bloated IBM of the 1970's and destined to become a secondary player to these emerging altcoins stars.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:28:00 PM

Regarding Matthew Mellon this is also interesting:

Research into founder of CoinVaildation

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qoe8c/research_into_founder_of_coinvaildation/
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:46:38 PM

So far what I'm reading is a very adult conversation about serious issues Bitcoin faces as it grows up. I'm not seeing the sort of thread that would happen here or Reddit.

It's not decisions being forced by the Foundation and I'm tired of seeing it put across like that. It's a discussion and it's a really important one. Here is why:

Imagine Bin Laden is still around.

We find out his Bitcoin address. It contains 10,000 Bitcoins and we can see transactions entering it.

We then see outgoings, some of which are traced to weapons used to kill 1000s of Americans, think a major bomb or subway incident.

What do you think is going to happen? Media outrage and congressional outrage. "We must ban this worldwide!". It's exactly what will happen. Bitcoin being so public is a double-edged sword.

I don't want anything that's been proposed but I can see the need for a good digital identity system. There are good reasons to keep it off the blockchain - it could even be a bitcoin derivative run by miners. It could be required for high value transactions or purchasing of certain items, e.g. alcohol. There are many ramifications and many issues it will raise. Issues of data protection, even more and much easier identity theft, the US knowing far too much about everyone, issues getting verified, centralised entities in control, etc etc etc.

I also think that something in this area is inevitable, it's about finding the least damaging way to do it. I would not want it coming from the likes of Yifu et al but that doesn't take away from the importance of discussing it with an open mind rather than immediately jumping into personal attacks and invalid conclusions.

For reference: I am not a foundation member and I do not want to see any of this. However, I recognise that there is a problem and that lawmakers worldwide are going to mandate some form of identity regulation on all cryptocurrencies for taxation and criminal purposes. Whether it remains just with exchanges or more expansive I don't know, but at the very least I'd expect all commercial purchases > $10,000 (e.g. houses, cars) to have some form of reporting requirement, just as banks have to report similar things.

The status quo isn't going to work. Saying that Bitcoin will just get on with things anyway isn't true. Bitcoin would become a black market device while another crypto - perhaps more centralised and horrible, would become mainstream. Most people out there don't care about all this, they just want to have/spend money, that's what people here don't realise.

Similarly, enacting any of these solutions will push criminals into black market currencies, extensive identity theft, and new technologies. It will, however, improve the situation for law enforcement and the taxation authorities (yes you have to pay tax; no it's not up for discussion here). It will also prevent the Bin Laden situation I describe, for which you could also write cryptolocker etc.

Please don't shoot me, just have the discussion about the problem and suggest solutions.

EDITED TO ADD: Please also consider that businesses working within Bitcoin, not just in the US, are the guys under fire until this area is sorted. If cryptolocker sends funds to Mt Gox, Mt Gox are then knowingly dealing with money raised illegally, or in other cases through theft. This is no different to if you accepted cash which you know had been obtained by illegal means (IANAL - correct me if I'm wrong someone).
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:48:45 PM

So far what I'm reading is a very adult conversation about serious issues Bitcoin faces as it grows up. I'm not seeing the sort of thread that would happen here or Reddit.

It's not decisions being forced by the Foundation and I'm tired of seeing it put across like that. It's a discussion and it's a really important one.

This.  The level of freak-out going on around here is extraordinary.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:54:52 PM

It's not decisions being forced by the Foundation and I'm tired of seeing it put across like that. It's a discussion and it's a really important one. Here is why:

Imagine Bin Laden is still around.

We find out his Bitcoin address. It contains 10,000 Bitcoins and we can see transactions entering it.

We then see outgoings, some of which are traced to weapons used to kill 1000s of Americans, think a major bomb or subway incident.

What do you think is going to happen? Media outrage and congressional outrage. "We must ban this worldwide!". It's exactly what will happen. Bitcoin being so public is a double-edged sword.

I don't want anything that's been proposed but I can see the need for a good digital identity system. There are good reasons to keep it off the blockchain - it could even be a bitcoin derivative run by miners. It could be required for high value transactions or purchasing of certain items, e.g. alcohol. There are many ramifications and many issues it will raise. Issues of data protection, even more and much easier identity theft, the US knowing far too much about everyone, issues getting verified, centralised entities in control, etc etc etc.

I also think that something in this area is inevitable, it's about finding the least damaging way to do it. I would not want it coming from the likes of Yifu et al but that doesn't take away from the importance of discussing it with an open mind rather than immediately jumping into personal attacks and invalid conclusions.

For reference: I am not a foundation member and I do not want to see any of this. However, I recognise that there is a problem and that lawmakers worldwide are going to mandate some form of identity regulation on all cryptocurrencies for taxation and criminal purposes. Whether it remains just with exchanges or more expansive I don't know, but at the very least I'd expect all commercial purchases > $10,000 (e.g. houses, cars) to have some form of reporting requirement, just as banks have to report similar things.

The status quo isn't going to work. Saying that Bitcoin will just get on with things anyway isn't true. Bitcoin would become a black market device while another crypto - perhaps more centralised and horrible, would become mainstream. Most people out there don't care about all this, they just want to have/spend money, that's what people here don't realise.

Similarly, enacting any of these solutions will push criminals into black market currencies, extensive identity theft, and new technologies. It will, however, improve the situation for law enforcement and the taxation authorities (yes you have to pay tax; no it's not up for discussion here). It will also prevent the Bin Laden situation I describe, for which you could also write cryptolocker etc.

Please don't shoot me, just have the discussion about the problem and suggest solutions.

you are out of the topic . The truth is Laden bought weapons using USD not bitcoin ,so why not ban USD worldwide ? Because it's not money's fault .
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:57:36 PM

Or an alternative, true, foundation?
00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:58:52 PM

Support CoinJoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0
Donate to the CoinJoin bounty fund: https://blockchain.info/address/3M8XGFBKwkf7miBzpkU3x2DoWwAVrD1mhk

CoinJoin needs to be nicely implemented in Bitcoin-Qt before any of these ridiculous blacklist proposals take off. So for the next 30 days, I will match donations to the CoinJoin bounty fund (3M8XGFBKwkf7miBzpkU3x2DoWwAVrD1mhk), up to a maximum of 5 BTC. Just donate to that address, and in 30 days I'll donate the difference between the current received amount (16.21420773) and the received amount at that time (max 5 BTC).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: