Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:40:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The mybitcoin.com taught us a lesson  (Read 4426 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 06:31:56 AM

Let us know if you find the guy who is responsible for mybitcoin.com, until then please stop acting like UABB is something to be trusted or that people should rely on to solve such matters.

Anyone else want to take charge of any kind of gathering of information and provide backup funding for an investigation? Okay, right. So I guess I keep doing what I'm doing then.

Thank everyone for being constructive and useful and allowing us all to move in an unbiased, forward direction. Oops.

...and remember folks... He wants funding for his 6 day old non profit startup that is completely anonymous but does ask for personal information (affidavits) from other bitcoiners about how they were scammed from mybitcoin. Sure thing Mr Anonymous. Ill get that right to you both my money as a donation and my personal info so you can steal more at a later date.

As I said before. This a scam.

I hope the intelligent members of this forum will understand my reasoning behind not continuing this conversation any farther. You've gone around in circles continuously, putting words in my mouth and twisting facts to try to make your arguments validate in your uneducated mind (what kind of mental acrobatics must you be doing in there?).

For those actually interested in what I, or the organizations I have started, are doing, stay tuned for updates. As always, the information is readily available. Of course, people will always come to their own conclusions on things, but I keep doing the right thing anyway. Nice try though, I'm not going anywhere.

Matthew N Wright

As I said come back and show us your efforts once the perp is found and brought to justice. All your responding is wasted time on a matter in which you considered so important to upstart an organization to handle issues like these.

Better get to work and stop arguing with your opposition or else failure is around the corner.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 06:39:46 AM

Let us know if you find the guy who is responsible for mybitcoin.com, until then please stop acting like UABB is something to be trusted or that people should rely on to solve such matters.

Anyone else want to take charge of any kind of gathering of information and provide backup funding for an investigation? Okay, right. So I guess I keep doing what I'm doing then.

Thank everyone for being constructive and useful and allowing us all to move in an unbiased, forward direction. Oops.

...and remember folks... He wants funding for his 6 day old non profit startup that is completely anonymous but does ask for personal information (affidavits) from other bitcoiners about how they were scammed from mybitcoin. Sure thing Mr Anonymous. Ill get that right to you both my money as a donation and my personal info so you can steal more at a later date.

As I said before. This a scam.

I hope the intelligent members of this forum will understand my reasoning behind not continuing this conversation any farther. You've gone around in circles continuously, putting words in my mouth and twisting facts to try to make your arguments validate in your uneducated mind (what kind of mental acrobatics must you be doing in there?).

For those actually interested in what I, or the organizations I have started, are doing, stay tuned for updates. As always, the information is readily available. Of course, people will always come to their own conclusions on things, but I keep doing the right thing anyway. Nice try though, I'm not going anywhere.

Matthew N Wright

Of course you're not going anywhere. You want their money,..  Oh excuse me.. I mean you want donations for your "investigation".
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:00:23 AM

Hi Matthew!

Don't let yourself be discouraged by any of the negative remarks - your site looks promising and you're doing a great service to the community if you investigate the mybitcoin.com incident. This fiasco was probably the worst strike so far against the Bitcoin community as a whole.
It's always easier for people to criticize and leave negative comments than to contribute useful ideas - with an ever-growing community like the one at hand, you'll almost certainly find some negative remarks on any new idea, no matter how great it is.

I thought it might be helpful to start a poll on how many Bitcoins were stolen in total because not many people are going to be willing to give their real names and addresses out for an official investigation but an anonymous poll could help to give a clearer picture of the incident.

As for your investigation: since we're dealing with an offshore address I wonder by which jurisdiction a possible class action lawsuit would be filed and what this would mean for victims outside that jurisdiction. I'm not very familiar with international law so forgive my lack of understanding. IOW, would a detailed report by some victim outside the US be of any help to you?

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:26:07 AM

As for your investigation: since we're dealing with an offshore address I wonder by which jurisdiction a possible class action lawsuit would be filed and what this would mean for victims outside that jurisdiction. I'm not very familiar with international law so forgive my lack of understanding. IOW, would a detailed report by some victim outside the US be of any help to you?

Typically class actions can include plaintiffs who aren't citizens of the jurisdiction in which the action is being brought.  However, there are rules regarding the type of injuries which can be the subject of class actions, and a lawsuit doesn't become a class action until a motion for it to be designated as such has been granted.  The action needs to meet certain rules to be given that classification and they'll differ somewhat by jurisdiction, but there's often a requirement that the action be a certain size both in terms of the number of injured parties and dollar value.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:36:05 AM

If you have to trust some people, they must at least be willing to tell their real identity information.

One may not want to finish like Bernard von NotHaus, and for this very reason remain anonymous.

I don't think it's impossible to do business with anonymous people. You just have to take some precautions and know how much you can afford to lose.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:48:54 AM

Matt, I don't want to be negative, but you trying to inject a regulatory agency, even one with no actual power, into this den of 'anarcho-capitalists' is probably in vain.

You're blatantly wrong and that just shows your ignorance on the subject of freedom. Go learn a bit more before talking about a subject you know nothing about.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: