Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin guys might NOT be thieves!!!  (Read 6124 times)
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:08:57 AM

Do they live in the same place as the server?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:10:05 AM

It's been over a month. People have been trying to contact MyBitcoin for at least that long with no response.

In that case, my heart just sank lower.

If mybitcoin was unattended for that long..then we're all fucked. There were warning sign, but we didn't heed it because mybitcoin was so trustworthyin the past.

I am never storing any significant amount of bitcoin on any ewallet service ever again.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:11:26 AM

Just one guy? Perhaps he got hit by a bus or somthing and the site went offline due to lack of payment or somthing 'cause the guy hasn't woke up or had access to a web enabled computer at his hospital bed yet...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:22:28 AM

How long was the last downtime?

lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:45:29 AM

It's been over a month. People have been trying to contact MyBitcoin for at least that long with no response.

In that case, my heart just sank lower.

If mybitcoin was unattended for that long..then we're all fucked. There were warning sign, but we didn't heed it because mybitcoin was so trustworthyin the past.

I am never storing any significant amount of bitcoin on any ewallet service ever again.

I posted that mybitcoin was a scam almost a month ago on July 5th, and that was after trying to contact them for over a week.  Not trying to gloat here, but I don't understand why people didn't remove their money while they had the chance.  Very puzzled by you humans.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:46:28 AM

I posted that mybitcoin was a scam almost a month ago on July 5th, and that was after trying to contact them for over a week.  Not trying to gloat here, but I don't understand why people didn't remove their money while they had the chance.  Very puzzled by you humans.

Because mybitcoin was not a scam. It was a very trustworthy service at that time.

lettucebee

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:49:11 AM

Because mybitcoin was not a scam. It was a very trustworthy service at that time.

At what point were they very trustworthy?

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:52:46 AM

At what point were they very trustworthy?

They were the earliest ewallet service and lot of old timers like me used it. At one time, it hold the largest bitcoin development bounty prize in the world.

Dimsum

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 02:19:52 AM

I know a lot of people are concerned for their bitcoins. Some should really be, like Bruce, if he actually had 25,000 in mybitcoin.com. But let's be fair and wait, cast the stone after we have all the facts. The guys seemed so far very legit, did a lot of things so our BTC be safe. I might be wrong on that, be we should wait and see. They deserve the presumption of innocence.

So, please wait a couple of days and accuse then. I personally had this issue some months ago when I said about someone he's a thief. Later I found out the lad was out of town and his server went down.

Can we please stop with this nonsense! If you have solid proof that they aren't then feel free to post, but if you are just speculating - which you clearly are, then just say so in the other 2 threads. We don't need yet another thread about mybitcoins!
jostmey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 02:23:14 AM

What if the dude died? It is in the realm of possibilities.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
indio007

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 03:39:20 AM

How many people were believed to work there? Were they all in a small geographic area? Perhaps they got hit by an earthquake or someone ran a digger thru the fiber trunk or somthing...

1 man.

What is he is dead or in jail?

The really big sucky what if is , What if he don't pay the we hosting cost and the host deletes his site and all data?

That would really suck.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 04:15:18 AM

The really big sucky what if is , What if he don't pay the we hosting cost and the host deletes his site and all data?

That would really suck.

This is why when grownups do internet services, if anyone even remotely gives a shit about data you back it up. Offsite, and off-company (that is, you don't trust the company that hosts your servers with hosting all your backups as well) - that way you're protected from all sorts of disasters, and if there's ever a dispute with your hosting company and they try to hold your data hostage, you simply throw on some shades and say "deal with it" before taking your latest backup someplace else to get your site back up and running, then returning to negotiate the disagreement with them without having your data hostage.

^_^
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 01:48:29 PM

OK, how much good faith are you willing to extend to them?  If another week goes by and we still haven't heard anything from the MyBitcoin people, then you admit that it was a scam?  Or are we just supposed to extend unlimited good faith and wait indefinitely?

How much good faith should be extended? I suppose one way is to rely on how people 'vote' with their money and not necessarily their feelings.

If you really think about it then it makes sense that it is not in 'Tom Williams' interest to screw so many people on such a large scale considering much of the demographic his services targeted. I am surprised more people have not resurrected the RFC: BTC Assassination Market thread. Since MyBitCoin functioned like a large bitcoin laundry and there are a lot of nefarious figures using BitCoin including, it is rumored, the CIA and Russian Mafia therefore it makes sense that 'Mr. Williams' has an incentive based on self-preservation to act in an upstanding and honorable way.

BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 05:33:17 PM

The UABB is now spearheading a legal and unbiased investigation into MyBitcoin.com but needs your support. Discussion about MyBitcoin.com is very healthy for the sharing of ideas and suggestions on how to tackle this very serious and difficult problem, but nothing will be done about it through forum posts.

Please start contributing to the actual investigation by adding your affidavit, attaching evidence of funds lost, and contributing to the fund to pay for international investigators. Thank you.

http://uabci.org/redmine/projects/mbci

Keep trying scammer.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 05:39:34 PM

The UABB is now spearheading a legal and unbiased investigation into MyBitcoin.com but needs your support. Discussion about MyBitcoin.com is very healthy for the sharing of ideas and suggestions on how to tackle this very serious and difficult problem, but nothing will be done about it through forum posts.

Please start contributing to the actual investigation by adding your affidavit, attaching evidence of funds lost, and contributing to the fund to pay for international investigators. Thank you.

You seemed to be taking up for mybitcoin when people were calling it a scam a while back. 
BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 05:45:25 PM

You seemed to be taking up for mybitcoin when people were calling it a scam a while back. 

I dont like people getting scammed period. I dont care where it comes from but your BS stinks to high heaven. If you really are legit, hire an atty and post his or her name (with contact info) on your website as well as the contact number of the lead investigating officer and who he or she reports to (FBI, Local Police, Ect) so it can be verified as being a legitimate effort that you are doing. Until you do that, this little money raising event says scam all over it.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:52:41 PM

That would really suck.

Yes that would have been extremely unfortunate, imagine news headlines. Hundred thousand of the new cryptocurrency just lost forever, ouch.

However, most web hosts do hold the servers with data for some time after the paid period is over. And for me, "got hit by a bus" seems to be the best (not for the poor fella) explanation so far - money is not moved, server still up in semi-working state, just probably ran out of disk or whatnot, so all not lost.

What I'd do, if I'd have any money in there - contact the web host to *not* delete the server's data, if needed - pay the bills for several months. Ask them to try and contact relatives of the account holder to check his status. If he is in fact dead or disabled, buy him flowers and get relatives permission to access the server. Then steal the money and ran off to Caribbean get site up so people can withdraw Smiley

i am satoshi
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 08:04:12 PM

Threads with these types of titles should bring more to the table.  By saying they are not thieves, it implies you have some sort of evidence that suggest they are legit.  Clearly you don't.  Why not just post this in one of the many other threads on this subject? 

Perhaps in the speculation threads.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 08:08:59 PM

Maybe the web hosting can contact him (or eventually a relative) somehow? Perhaps he gave them a phone number, or through the payments he did they could reach his bank, I don't know.

Has anyone tried to contact leaseweb?
Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 08:15:54 PM

Maybe the web hosting can contact him (or eventually a relative) somehow? Perhaps he gave them a phone number, or through the payments he did they could reach his bank, I don't know.

Has anyone tried to contact leaseweb?

Things like these cannot be handled so well individually. They need to be organized investigations that involve law enforcement and at most, a warrant, before any self respecting hosting company would ever communicate private matters or even listen to you. Sorry, but this is the reality of the current legal business world.

The only way someone is going to help is to start getting evidence together. http://uabci.org/redmine/projects/mbci

I couldn't said it better. Cheesy

I laugh at people who think they can simply give leaseweb a call and tell them to restart a server, it simply doesn't work like that. You're not the owner, so you don't have authority under their hosting agreement for them to give you any service.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: