Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin guys might NOT be thieves!!!  (Read 6124 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:20:54 PM

I know a lot of people are concerned for their bitcoins. Some should really be, like Bruce, if he actually had 25,000 in mybitcoin.com. But let's be fair and wait, cast the stone after we have all the facts. The guys seemed so far very legit, did a lot of things so our BTC be safe. I might be wrong on that, be we should wait and see. They deserve the presumption of innocence.

So, please wait a couple of days and accuse then. I personally had this issue some months ago when I said about someone he's a thief. Later I found out the lad was out of town and his server went down.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 07:24:15 PM

So, how much did you have invested?
CydeWeys

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:27:20 PM

OK, how much good faith are you willing to extend to them?  If another week goes by and we still haven't heard anything from the MyBitcoin people, then you admit that it was a scam?  Or are we just supposed to extend unlimited good faith and wait indefinitely?
shockD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:31:20 PM

They might not be thieves, and monkeys also might fly out of my butt. Totally possible on either count, but not terribly likely.
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:32:46 PM

I had some bitcoins there. All of my store's operational budget. Also I will admit we were scammed. How much time passed so far with mybitcoin down?

CydeWeys

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:33:43 PM

It's been about three days so far.  How long will you give it?
Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 07:35:01 PM

I had some bitcoins there. All of my store's operational budget. Also I will admit we were scammed. How much time passed so far with mybitcoin down?

So, you have reason to want the impossible to be true.
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:35:16 PM

2 more days, then they'll definitely be on my blacklist with red strains

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:47:07 PM

They deserve the presumption of innocence.

100% agreed.

So, please wait a couple of days and accuse then. I personally had this issue some months ago when I said about someone he's a thief. Later I found out the lad was out of town and his server went down.

Even if all turns out to be some kind of big misunderstanding in the end: a service holding bitcoins in the tens or even hundreds of thousands of bitcoins for thousands of users simply cannot be left unattended for a period of three days. If nothing else, the owners of mybitcoin are unprofessional and careless, which invalidates their service for further use.

The only reasonable thing for everyone to do, if they come back is: get your bitcoins the hell outta there!

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

It's been over a month. People have been trying to contact MyBitcoin for at least that long with no response.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Threads with these types of titles should bring more to the table.  By saying they are not thieves, it implies you have some sort of evidence that suggest they are legit.  Clearly you don't.  Why not just post this in one of the many other threads on this subject? 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
CydeWeys

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:27:14 PM

Even if all turns out to be some kind of big misunderstanding in the end: a service holding bitcoins in the tens or even hundreds of thousands of bitcoins for thousands of users simply cannot be left unattended for a period of three days. If nothing else, the owners of mybitcoin are unprofessional and careless, which invalidates their service for further use.

The only reasonable thing for everyone to do, if they come back is: get your bitcoins the hell outta there!

+1.  They've already been down for a length of time exceeding anything reasonable (made much worse by the complete lack of communication).  Even if it's not a scam and MyBitcoin comes up in the next hour, they're still completely incompetent, and not deserving of anyone's repeat patronage.
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:36:39 PM

Yeah, 8 hours is too long for a service this size to be without communication... anyone still holding out hope they'll come back might as well hope for the second coming of jesus instead.

Online "companies" are the same as missing kids - if you don't hear anything in 48 hours, start the grieving process.

^_^
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:38:53 PM

If you trust any large amount of money to an unknown website, it is your own fault really. I never had anything more than 1 BTC in mybitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:00:40 PM

have any of your coins moved?

so far cant find anyone who has.

and of course not too many people were concerned about the communication problem until the site went down.

They have never been really active here

yet people threw a ton of coin on it.

the site was totally free wasnt it..total free tnds to be slang for little to no customer support.

I still think this will probably end up with some stupid kid who left town and just doesnt know his site is down.

I think it highlights though some of the issues with putting something of value on such a crude site. And he will probably learn a big lesson if he did walk away. I personally cant see having site with the money and traffic of mybitcoin and not be constantly monitoring it no matter where I was.

But the best thing in ya'lls favor is I dont think any of the coins have moved, unless one of you can challenge this statement

mooo for rent
BitVapes

Activity: 140

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 11:06:15 PM

People supposedly have been trying to contact mybitcoin for a month with no luck.  Can anyone report to having email contact with anyone there in the last month?  

I had an account there, but luckily never used it.  I prefer having control over my own data, so I don't use any third party sites in my processing of payments at my web store.   This incident should obviously reinforce that concept to people not to keep large chunks of money in a centralized place they don't control.    The fact that no one has been able to contact them, and no coins have moved makes me think that each day that goes by makes it more likely imo that something happened to the guy (dead, arrested).

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:09:17 PM

if you do a whois search on mybitcoin.com you'll see that the server was hosted at leaseweb.
Someone should contact them to try end get some contact info or at least tell them to make a backup of the logs, an dpossibly the database if people need proof later on.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:26:43 PM

How many people were believed to work there? Were they all in a small geographic area? Perhaps they got hit by an earthquake or someone ran a digger thru the fiber trunk or somthing...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:04:01 AM

How many people were believed to work there? Were they all in a small geographic area? Perhaps they got hit by an earthquake or someone ran a digger thru the fiber trunk or somthing...

1 man.

rampa

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 12:06:56 AM

the fiber is ok... the server responds at port 9999 with https..... something related to tor network.

https://www.mybitcoin.com:9999

Scrypt merged mining + multipool! http://manicminer.in
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: