Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Airdrop actually working for ICOs?  (Read 244 times)
khendjer

Activity: 157
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:29:00 PM

I was checking these Airdrops, they are usually asking for a telegram group join. All these groups are ending up having 50K + members. Ok, I understand that part, but at the end these groups are spammed by members, no real discussion is going on since there are so many comments etc. Is it worth it for ICOs to do airdrop? Anyone here who has actual numbers?

What I can say for sure is that 'airdrops' work well for all kinds of scammers and are well-suited for different kinds of malicious activities rather than bring something valuable for participants.

As far as I've seen so far 'airdrops' can be used to:

- collect crypto users' emails and make spam mailing in the future (some advertising, phishing links and etc) or sell that database to another people who can use them for the same malicious activities

- collect users' phone numbers and use them for the same purposes as emails

- collect users' telegram addresses to do the same as with the emails and phone numbers

- create huge telegram chats in short period of time and use them for all kinds of malicious activity or simply sell that chats to someone else who can use them for unknown purposes

- collect the database of users' documents which often being asked as a part of KYC process during airdrops and sell them or use them for some illicit activities

- steal users deposits which often being asked before receiving airdrop 'bonuses'

- use users to promote scams via facebook or twitter advertising in exchange for some useless tokens

- etc.

One of the good examples of the true and right airdrop is the INSP airdrop. They simply made a snapshot of the Ethereum blockchain and sent their tokens for every user for free, and without any actions from the users needed to be done.

If you have to do at least small work in order to participate in 'airdrop', it's not an airdrop. It's a way of paying for your work done or your data provided. You should think twice if it worth that 'money'. So, if summarize - yes, 'airdrops' work well, but in most of the cases not for the participants, but for those who run them.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:38:26 PM

Most airdrops now are only available to ICO participants and bounty hunters are not allowed to join. Airdrops are being used after the ICO to improve circulation of token in the market.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:43:02 PM

Yes,It helps to an ICO to have an airdrop to gain and attract investors to their project.Especially if the airdrops requires an invite or referral.That will help the community to grow fast but sometimes it's bad too much negative and spammer in the group i have an experienced as an admin of a successful soldout ico.
Winterizing

Activity: 312
Merit: 10

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 04:47:03 PM

Airdrop are used so that the community of the coin will grow. It's also use to attract potential investors like referrals and invites to invest.
This is also used to promote the ICO so that people will spread the word about the ICO itself.

xitijekiki

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:54:47 PM

I think that is part of the ico project. They distribute airdrop to everyone for the purpose of calling for their communities such as telegram or twiter to promote the ICO.
tarnojj

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:58:28 PM

I think that you should not join airdrops. It's really very rare to pay rewards to people who participate in airdrops and a Every day have the new project airdrop but not all of airdrop project have the potential of the the ico coin, but some airdrop project only be the trash and not have the value for sell on the market. but some airdrop have the great value and have the high price and the ceo of this project was make the brave action where they bring their airdrop coin to the great exchange market like bittrex or yobit, Github market.
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

Omise decided to conduct an airdrop to raise awareness about the project, but Hasegawa spoke to the broader benefits of the distribution model, writing in an email to CoinDesk -- via a spokesperson, "The real value of ethereum projects doing airdrops to all ETH holders is that it's a crypto economic .
Angel35

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:23:35 PM

Yeah I think airdrops are really useful for ICO's if they want to make a view of active socials to attract more investors
TycTaHb

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:33:17 PM

It seems to me that airdrops are not exactly what I need. Many people say that it's almost impossible to earn money on airdrops. I think it's true.
Mr. Ar_Mongi

Activity: 332
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:36:20 PM

Airdrops can be carried out in different ways. I think if Airdrop conducted competently - it will be a good incentive to get acquainted with the new ICO.

aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:37:50 PM

I was checking these Airdrops, they are usually asking for a telegram group join. All these groups are ending up having 50K + members. Ok, I understand ~

What I can say for sure is that 'airdrops' work well for all kinds of scammers and are well-suited for different kinds of malicious activities rather than bring something valuable for participants.

~
And, yah many people love free things. They dont care about their security, just give information to "incredible company" for some shitcoins.
Airdrop giver must say thank you because they collected many users data so in certain time can do what you already explained before.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:43:16 PM

I just started doing airdrops and so far I've been paid by 4-30. You dont get paid until end of the token sale for most of them and most are nott do until April and May. I can update you more then. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER I DO THEM EVERYDAY I'LL HAVE TONS OF REFERRALS. @DEVAWNM367 AND ALSO YOU CAN CHECK airdropalert.com

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

Usually, the airdrop is just a waste of your time. If you have a lot of free time, then you can participate in airdrops. I think that airdrop is for someone who does not have money to invest.
bonifacioB

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:49:00 PM

Yes, it is working for ico because airdrops are same as you are advertise or promoting their project so and then if there project will be succesful, you will get a reward and thats the token, and some of us was don't have enough money to invest and we thankful that airdrops was here to helping us gain free token without investing our money.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:53:19 PM

They are doing airdrops to the community to increase their community supports supports. By doing this, they will ask to do some small task to those people and the reward is that coin came from them given freely. For example, they wanted to post something else about their project to some social media and through that, people will see that coin and some will be encourage to invest on them, just like as social media campaign mate
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:06:02 PM

Most of them not working and finally project will failed, but sometimes free airdrop really working and a lot of people know the project, high chance become popular and raised fund, but I want to told you that no need to waste your time join airdrop because most of them don't have value
AkropolisTeam

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:13:40 PM

Usually, airdrops lead to increase in numbers, but that's the only thing they are doing. It creates false hype and someone sees it as a red flag for ICO. What is the purpose of doing an airdrop if it doesn't lead to creating strong and dedicated community? What is the purpose of 50k people if only 10 are talking in the chat? So no, I don't think that airdrops work good for any project
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:58:51 PM

I was checking these Airdrops, they are usually asking for a telegram group join. All these groups are ending up having 50K + members. Ok, I understand that part, but at the end these groups are spammed by members, no real discussion is going on since there are so many comments etc. Is it worth it for ICOs to do airdrop? Anyone here who has actual numbers?

i often saw a successful ico that have a many telegram member on their telegram group.
maybe many investors want to invest their money on the project that have many supporters.
URrep

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:01:35 PM

Can't they ban the spammers at one moment and recieve a group with 20-30k members? The question is what for: people will start leaving the channel right after the airdrop
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 03:35:31 PM

Airdrop is a great strategy in order for the project to get enough exposure from the public. But in what I have observed, some ICOs that are offering airdrops now are scams.  But some airdrops that are perfectly orchestrated can become a game changer in a status of a project.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀