Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:47:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do i have good coins or need to get others? it makes me feel insecure  (Read 369 times)
Mr.Freeman

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:23:16 AM

I would suggest my own version of the portfolio:

Big bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
ADA

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO
XMR
MIOTA

Small bags

BAX
COSS
R

rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:32:06 AM

I would suggest my own version of the portfolio:

Big bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
ADA

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO
XMR
MIOTA

Small bags

BAX
COSS
R

thank you for your reply.

Some good coins there, I've got the budget for ADA but not too sure about it. Either that or TRON.

Would love XMR and more BTC but not cheap and would be costly getting them to be my high bags or even Medium.

Your suggested small bags are  good too.

Out of interest, what quantity of coins would you say you need to have for each: high, medium and low bags. I know it would be different for each person.

So BTC, how many would i need for it to qualify for the 'High bags'?
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:40:09 AM

Hi All,

I have the following coins but i'm always insecure thinking that i have the wrong coins or need to expand my portfolio further because my coin choice is poor . I am long term Holder, so let me know what you think of my portfolio:

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

(small bags is what i could afford)

and over 40 free coins from airdrops.

Thanks

You have enough coins to hold and wait for the right moment to sell it. Just don't rush to sell it or panic because they are all good in my opinion.

rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:48:47 AM

Hi All,

I have the following coins but i'm always insecure thinking that i have the wrong coins or need to expand my portfolio further because my coin choice is poor . I am long term Holder, so let me know what you think of my portfolio:

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks

You have enough coins to hold and wait for the right moment to sell it. Just don't rush to sell it or panic because they are all good in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply,

I can never understand when to hold or sell. People always give different advice.

TBH, i like to hold for a few years and see where my coins are at. But again not sure if that is the correct approach.
crampus

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:54:47 AM

XEM and waves are very good coins, I would advise buying them more. I think that you do not have a bad portfolio.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

It really seems like bad portfolio, your big bag consist of coins that most people haven't heard of, ironically your small bag has the best coins  Smiley

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:02:30 AM

having this many coins (40-50) and calling it "portfolio" is wrong and you should feel insecure about it because you are increasing your risk by buying and bag holding this many coins. even 5 coins is too much in my experience because altcoins mostly move for a short time and individually so for example if you hold X and X gets pumped if you have 5 coins you will see it and dump it immediately and take the profit but if you have 50 coins you will miss it and won't be able to dump to take profit and will lose the chance.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 11:38:19 AM

having this many coins (40-50) and calling it "portfolio" is wrong and you should feel insecure about it because you are increasing your risk by buying and bag holding this many coins. even 5 coins is too much in my experience because altcoins mostly move for a short time and individually so for example if you hold X and X gets pumped if you have 5 coins you will see it and dump it immediately and take the profit but if you have 50 coins you will miss it and won't be able to dump to take profit and will lose the chance.

you have made an excellent point, never really thought about it that way.

My setup is up for the long term so i don't mind waiting a few years until the crypto market grows but your point above definitely makes sense.
Rexpax

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:42:24 AM

Nice crypto portfolio bro! You have so many coins, I wonder how you manage to track all of them  Tongue ? I hope you really had a chance to sell your XVG bag before it started dumping after the Verge's partnership announcement ))
As for me I would add Fusion (FSN) to your bag. It has all the chances to beat Wanchain. It is currently traded on Bibox, IDEX, Cobinhood. And soon will be added to Qryptos platform..
Good luck

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:46:23 AM

Those are pretty good bags and what I would do is look at ICOBENCH and check out each category they have for coins, like what industries and maybe add coins from each industry. I want to for example over the next few weeks focus on a few blockchain type ones like cardano,ven, eos, iot, nebulous etc and then on some privacy coins, then some exchange coins etc. I think also you should check out ETHOS as their universal wallet is coming soon and that might just be a nice little bag for you to also hold long term because it will help bring crypto mainstream.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:46:33 AM

Not if he's a long term holder, occasional pumps and dumps shouldn't be taken into account. However, coin (and token, as I see a few ERC20 tokens there) choice is highly questionable IMO.

rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 11:50:54 AM

Nice crypto portfolio bro! You have so many coins, I wonder how you manage to track all of them  Tongue ? I hope you really had a chance to sell your XVG bag before it started dumping after the Verge's partnership announcement ))
As for me I would add Fusion (FSN) to your bag. It has all the chances to beat Wanchain. It is currently traded on Bibox, IDEX, Cobinhood. And soon will be added to Qryptos platform..
Good luck

thank you man.

I just collected a load to sleep on.

XVG, i didn't sell thinking it's going to be PAYPAL or Amazon but i'm still making money from it so will spend it over the weekend hopefully.

I'll look into FSN
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 11:52:22 AM

Those are pretty good bags and what I would do is look at ICOBENCH and check out each category they have for coins, like what industries and maybe add coins from each industry. I want to for example over the next few weeks focus on a few blockchain type ones like cardano,ven, eos, iot, nebulous etc and then on some privacy coins, then some exchange coins etc. I think also you should check out ETHOS as their universal wallet is coming soon and that might just be a nice little bag for you to also hold long term because it will help bring crypto mainstream.

THANK YOU, didn't know about ICOBENCH. I'll check it out.

Cheers
Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

About half of these coins, I have never even heard. However, if you invested in them, it means that you studied them thoroughly enough. If you came to the conclusion that they are promising and profitable, then OК. If you bought them simply because they liked you or you heard some rumors, then I would transfer investments in more famous coins.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:15:58 PM

Hi All,

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks
Cryptocurrency is the most valuable in my point of you. So we must always monitor our investment because any huge dump is possible in anytime so we must alert ourself and we must exchange our coin in some critical situation. Because one or two coins are easily maintain in anytime but number of coins are investing and different ratio of split to the investment is hard to monitor in current scenario. If you think some altcoins are not suit for your portfolio just exchange to Bitcoin because this is always trusted cryptocurrency.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
lafter

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:11:14 PM

You split the portfolio as well, but it looks like you invested too much shitcoin eg COLX, DV7, DIME, AERIUM, XCPO, I really never knew them. Shitcoins can be highly profitable when pumped but are too risky because of too low liquidity. I advise you not to keep these long-term coins. I give some altcoins suggestion under $ 1 you should refer to eg ADA, XLM, NEM, ZRX, ENJ. The coin should hold like NANO, EOS, Qtum, OMG, ICX and LSK. And top coin like ETH, NEO, LTC, XMR ...
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

Hi All,

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks

Ironically enough, the "small bag" coins are the best coins in your list.
Ginahaza

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

It is too risky to take for granted how bitcoin can dump these altcoins,you should have big bags of bitcoin so that if the market are going to fail your portfolio wont be safe,as far as i can tell your coins are most of the altcoins some shitcoins,less bitcoin high risk of losing big part of your portfolio when a bloody market has happened.I got 70% bitcoin and 30% altcoins in my portfolio.
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:06:00 PM

You split the portfolio as well, but it looks like you invested too much shitcoin eg COLX, DV7, DIME, AERIUM, XCPO, I really never knew them. Shitcoins can be highly profitable when pumped but are too risky because of too low liquidity. I advise you not to keep these long-term coins. I give some altcoins suggestion under $ 1 you should refer to eg ADA, XLM, NEM, ZRX, ENJ. The coin should hold like NANO, EOS, Qtum, OMG, ICX and LSK. And top coin like ETH, NEO, LTC, XMR ...

thank you.

Why is ADA rated so much? high max supply would take forever to get to a decent price. Unless i'm completely wrong and you can enlighten me?

rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:08:08 PM

It is too risky to take for granted how bitcoin can dump these altcoins,you should have big bags of bitcoin so that if the market are going to fail your portfolio wont be safe,as far as i can tell your coins are most of the altcoins some shitcoins,less bitcoin high risk of losing big part of your portfolio when a bloody market has happened.I got 70% bitcoin and 30% altcoins in my portfolio.

I don't like the fact i can only buy parts of a BTC and not a whole or a few. So i am banking on other coins that i have high amounts of to move up a little then it will allow me to buy the better coins and more of BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: