Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:05:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderators locking topics???  (Read 104 times)
electrobit (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 81

Next to Full Member Rank.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:32:25 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 05:08:52 AM by electrobit

Hi guys, as you can see I am new in the forum participating. So I don´t understand some things, one of them is why moderators lock some topics, it appears with a padlock. I would like to know which could be the reason moderators to lock that topic.

Thank you for your answers and feedback.

The Bloqqe Foundation
Businesses Age based-on Blockchain Technology.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:44:32 AM

why moderators lock some topics, it appears with a padlock. I would like to know which could be the reason moderators to lock that topic.

Moderators lock topics when the question posed in the thread or the original post has been answered. If they had more time they'd do it (i.e., lock threads) more often but since the volume of threads/posts is so high and the number of moderators is so low they only lock the most obvious of threads.
electrobit (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:46:58 AM

why moderators lock some topics, it appears with a padlock. I would like to know which could be the reason moderators to lock that topic.

Moderators lock topics when the question posed in the thread or the original post has been answered. If they had more time they'd do it (i.e., lock threads) more often but since the volume of threads/posts is so high and the number of moderators is so low they only lock the most obvious of threads.

Thank you, I really don´t know how it works many things in the forum. So when a topic is locked, this avoid people comment on it? It is so? or what happens when a topic is locked?

The Bloqqe Foundation
Zwei

Activity: 488
Merit: 536

All I need's a win.

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:06:56 AM

Thank you, I really don´t know how it works many things in the forum. So when a topic is locked, this avoid people comment on it? It is so? or what happens when a topic is locked?

when a topic is locked no one can reply anymore.

ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
IS AS IMPORTANT AS ANSWERING THEM.
electrobit (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 05:08:27 AM

when a topic is locked no one can reply anymore.

Ok, thank you. It is understood! Smiley Smiley Smiley

The Bloqqe Foundation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: