Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics & Society Introduction and Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 18307 times)
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:29:03 PM
Merited by Vod (1), LoyceV (1)

Read and obey all forum rules which can be found here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Low/no value posts are in danger of being deleted.

A post can technically be on topic but still in danger of being deleted.

Don't read the thread title or OP and simply hit reply.  READ the thread before posting (or at least enough of it that you have a strong understanding of any discussion already taking place).

The forum is not an "exam", we are not here to hear the same answers again and again but in your own words.  Make us laugh (or mad!), add something of value, something new or something interesting to the discussion.

Double sided statements/posts are not interesting nor do they add any value to a discussion:  "It's dark at night but light during the day" is not interesting to anyone!

Threads where the discussion has dwindled to page after page of redundant answers will be locked to prevent further spamming.

If a thread is locked and users wish to continue with actual discussion please send me a PM and I will unlock it so discussion can continue.

Be sure to check back with this sticky as it may be updated from time to time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:46:29 AM

They should either post a new thread or PM you if a thread has more quality posts than garbage posts to have a chance of being unlocked.
If forum members are not reading other replies first and would post to respond to the title, nobody else would read their own replies.

🖤😏
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:55:10 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 04:07:01 PM by tvbcof
Merited by Flying Hellfish (1)

The forum is not an "exam", we are not here to hear the same answers again and again but in your own words.  Make us laugh (or mad!), add something of value, something new or something interesting to the discussion.

I'm getting the sense that the world is 'an exam' to a great many people, and the 'right answer' is what they've been instructed as proper and/or virtuous.  If the exact wording matches that of some lesson plan, that is fine and one passes.  If not, the lessons are so simplistic that it could by accident match exactly what others getting a passing grade produce.

The recent (and recently locked iirc) thread 'should you hit a woman' thread is an outstanding example of such a thread.

Seeing how something (I suspect modern universal curriculum) impacts the world in which we live is interesting and valuable, but I won't disagree that it can detracted from other goals of bitcointalk.org.  I would not argue one way or another that the laborious and unseemly task of censorship is or is not appropriate here.  Just happy that it is someone elses' problem/solution.  And wish you guys luck.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:18:52 PM

Read and obey all forum rules which can be found here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Low/no value posts are in danger of being deleted.

A post can technically be on topic but still in danger of being deleted.

Don't read the thread title or OP and simply hit reply.  READ the thread before posting (or at least enough of it that you have a strong understanding of any discussion already taking place).

The forum is not an "exam", we are not here to hear the same answers again and again but in your own words.  Make us laugh (or mad!), add something of value, something new or something interesting to the discussion.

Double sided statements/posts are not interesting nor do they add any value to a discussion:  "It's dark at night but light during the day" is not interesting to anyone!

Threads where the discussion has dwindled to page after page of redundant answers will be locked to prevent further spamming.

If a thread is locked and users wish to continue with actual discussion please send me a PM and I will unlock it so discussion can continue.

Be sure to check back with this sticky as it may be updated from time to time.

Ban all the religious threads ..Remember you said this below..

Double sided statements/posts are not interesting nor do they add any value to a discussion:  "It's dark at night but light during the day" is not interesting to anyone<<<No gods                                                                                                  Religion^^^^^

Mr moderator you should tell Badecker he repeats himself <Boring person      blah blah blah god said bollocks <Repeats it over and over again.

So Mr moderator a big sign NO TALKING ABOUT RELIGION...IT'S BULLSHIT..

I found a goblin under my bed do you believe me Mr moderator ? NO so ban RELIGION they talk BULLSHIT ..

See what it is Mr moderator you all miss POPCORN1  the best person on here  Cheesy..

Make us laugh (or mad!)  Your mums got fishy knickers < Mad or laugh ?  well you did say one or the other.. Wink

So have a nice day Mr moderator because i am having a BBQ Grin
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

Hello Mr moderator  Grin  Any chance you could moderate my wife?  She burnt the BBQ Roll Eyes..
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:06:49 PM

Great, finally some rules here too Wink
@Flying Hellfish, What is the best way to report a user with multiple shitposts? Report only one and leave a comment in the report that the user has multiple shitposts and need the mod's attention, or just report all the shitposts one by one?

Every mod has different way of taking care of the reports, so I don't want to waste both your and mine time Smiley

Actually I have no idea how the reports are handled here in the forum,and how many privileges local modes have.

Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:45:32 PM

Mr moderator you should tell Badecker he repeats himself <Boring person      blah blah blah god said bollocks <Repeats it over and over again.

While I have my personal opinion on that user I don't see him breaking the forum rules.  He at least is engaged in discussion and clearly is not posting for sig campaign purposes!

I think and hope you're joking.  I also think you know I can't censor a topic!

I found a goblin under my bed do you believe me Mr moderator ? NO so ban RELIGION they talk BULLSHIT ..
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of goblins under your bed!  To be rather frank about it I don't put much thought into your bed/goblin situation!!   Grin

See what it is Mr moderator you all miss POPCORN1  the best person on here  Cheesy..
You are a special snowflake mate!!   Wink

Your mums got fishy knickers < Mad or laugh ?  well you did say one or the other.. Wink
Ok I'm laughing madly now!!!

So have a nice day Mr moderator because i am having a BBQ Grin
Thanks bud, you too!   Cheesy

Hello Mr moderator  Grin  Any chance you could moderate my wife?  She burnt the BBQ Roll Eyes..
Let me guess, you started in on the pints a little early so the misses had to take over the barby for you when you passed out in the garden!  Now you're blaming her....  Typical...  I might moderate her for you, lets start with the vital details, age and measurements please, I will require a pic if she passes the numbers part of the test!!!!!!!!

Great, finally some rules here too Wink
@Flying Hellfish, What is the best way to report a user with multiple shitposts? Report only one and leave a comment in the report that the user has multiple shitposts and need the mod's attention, or just report all the shitposts one by one?

Every mod has different way of taking care of the reports, so I don't want to waste both your and mine time Smiley

Actually I have no idea how the reports are handled here in the forum,and how many privileges local modes have.

I appreciate you wanting to be efficient for both our sake, the best way is to report each post individually.  I would very much appreciate users reporting it will help me a lot!

You don't need much info, simply saying spam or shitpost or something like that in the comments field is really all I need for those types of posts.

Hero of Legendary

Activity: 94
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

Ban all the religious threads ..Remember you said this below..
Banning religious thread is a good idea if topics are redundant but banning them all is an unwise act, a bias decision, and if moderator will do that his not worthy to be a moderator in this section.

Double sided statements/posts are not interesting nor do they add any value to a discussion:  "It's dark at night but light during the day" is not interesting to anyone<<<No gods                                                                                                  Religion^^^^^
This doesn't about religion it's about "uninterested topic"
So technically it is general, whether the topic is about religion or atheism.

I'm pretty sure moderator will not do that, popcorn1.
Im sure you're atheist, so my advice just let the religious people here talk about it and let hellfish decide.
For me such kind of topic will educate you more to be a devoted atheist;D.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 10:09:22 AM

Thank you for this tip! I kept wondering why some of my posts can no longer be found and some, I can't add replies or comments. I think I need to read more because I'm far behind the other guys. I tend to be OC and want a lot of my insights on every post I make, but I think I need to be quick on it. Any tips on that?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Xal0lex
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2356

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 09:15:08 PM

jvanname is temporarily banned for his inappropriate behavior towards the users of the section and the forum in general. If he does not realize this, and does not make appropriate conclusions for himself, he will get a permanent ban. This is not in violation of freedom of speech, as some people like to shout here, but in elementary violation of forum rules. There are few forum rules, and I think it is not difficult to adhere to them.  I don't want this to happen to other users, so please, follow the forum rules and what Flying Hellfish wrote in this thread, and it won't happen to anyone. Thanks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████