Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdop token and transaction fees  (Read 138 times)
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:01:00 PM

Well  i joined lot of airdrops  and after lot of time waiting  you get a worthless  amount of tokens   not tradable   in first weeks  ( or tradables for pennies   in ether delta )  then  after a while  they get listed in some exchanges   if the project is good  and your airdrop may worth  4 $  for example   but  the  reality  is  that your drop  worth less and less   because  of

The transaction fees in eth network are high  

You can't withdraw  from exchanges   after selling  the tokens   due to minimum withdraw  and  also don't forget high fees for withdraw  if you accumulate many airdrops token in one exchange

So   you still think that airdrops are worth that after all ?  

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodney0404

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:17:19 PM

It is quite easy to join airdrops by doing simple tasks such as registering in their website and follow their social media sites mostly Facebook, Twitter and Telegram. You only have to spend a very short time to do these very easy and simple task to earn a reward but don't expect to much from airdrops because mostly of these are scams, not paying or no value. If I were you, I will focus on bounty campaigns because less scam but it's not easy as airdrops, you must invest time and effort to do this. I recommend you to pick the right bounty for you, research about their team if it is legit, read their whitepaper, examine their website and check if the communications are complete in case of a problem you can contact them.  Wink Grin
indiejeff

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 02:23:18 PM

i have participated in so many airdrops bro and i think not all of them are legit only few of them send back a token to my wallet and most of the token has no value up to now, so far i have no discouragement in joining airdrops i still fill up the form if i see one, but as what i always do make an extra safety precaution when you filling up the form don't use the-same password on the email you gave to avoid being hacked.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

I think you need to pick up a project that you truly believe and hope you are going receive something in value in return. Many bounty hunters drop the token as soon they receive it.

It is always better to make sure you keep the coins for a long time to make the most in appreciation.

DyllanGM

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

I have heard that airdrops sometimes give enough coins/tokens with promising value like ebtc (which I almost got also) an deeponion. But right now, the airdrops give so little like you said, and enough for transaction fee.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:38:56 PM

I have heard that airdrops sometimes give enough coins/tokens with promising value like ebtc (which I almost got also) an deeponion. But right now, the airdrops give so little like you said, and enough for transaction fee.
Since its only free reward just a simply joining and fill up form that's why they lessen the value and give the percentage into other bounty, its hard to find paying airdrops nowadays

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

They are called airdrops and they are not supposed to give you something substantial in the short term. If you are looking for something that can fetch you something good in the short term, then you may want to consider bounties.

Leave them in your wallet as that is the idea, the projects that are solid will rise hugely in the future, and you should be able to withdraw when you want, while the crap ones would have been dead by then and you can keep bag holding them for reference if you want. Nevertheless, you should consider airdrops as something you are meant to collect, forget and probably come back in the next 10 years to check them out.  Grin

Just imagine holding a few dollars of XVG as airdrop few years ago!
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:43:07 PM

This is why I stop joining airdrops. But it's good if you combine twitter and facebook bounty in the airdrop bounty.
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 02:43:41 PM

Yes, it all depends on our own choice, most airdrop can be followed by simple task then the prize received is also quite small, but if you are good at getting participant, you can add reward with refferal. But there is also airdrop with a simple task but the prize is high enough in market prices, but that some, can be seen altcoin it has been successful and received positive reviews from various parties.
icobestchoice

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

Well  i joined lot of airdrops  and after lot of time waiting  you get a worthless  amount of tokens   not tradable   in first weeks  ( or tradables for pennies   in ether delta )  then  after a while  they get listed in some exchanges   if the project is good  and your airdrop may worth  4 $  for example   but  the  reality  is  that your drop  worth less and less   because  of

You can't withdraw  from exchanges   after selling  the tokens   due to minimum withdraw  and  also don't forget high fees for withdraw  if you accumulate many airdrops token in one exchange

That's why it is better to take part in bounty campaigns - you invest more time, but the reward also is better.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:46:35 PM

like you. I stopped participating in the free airdrop release. I participated in the facebook bounty and twitter. There I can get more money than the free airdrop dropout now.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Never expect tokens with high value in airdrops and don't waste your time. It's the best advice I can give you. No one give you free money.
Even if you participate in many bounties and all of them give you the coins or tokens, they will be listed in different exchanges and you have to pay withdraw fee to all of those exchanges.
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

They are called airdrops and they are not supposed to give you something substantial in the short term. If you are looking for something that can fetch you something good in the short term, then you may want to consider bounties.

Leave them in your wallet as that is the idea, the projects that are solid will rise hugely in the future, and you should be able to withdraw when you want, while the crap ones would have been dead by then and you can keep bag holding them for reference if you want. Nevertheless, you should consider airdrops as something you are meant to collect, forget and probably come back in the next 10 years to check them out.  Grin

Just imagine holding a few dollars of XVG as airdrop few years ago!

why you think holdding  tokens for 10 years is a great thing ?  

Cheesy
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:04:27 AM

The exchange fees aren't that high if you use a DEX, like ForkDelta, but you are correct in only ever getting cents in the dollar if you choose to sell on those types of exchanges shortly after the ICO completion. 

IMHO, it is best to see airdrops as just one component of a token receipt, and always try to combine it with other aspects of the bounty campaign.

For projects that only have an airdrop and no associated bounty campaign, I, too, have mostly abandoned them because of the low number (and value) of tokens received, but there are exceptions, such as Polymath, where the amount airdropped was worth upwards of $100.
jukimay

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 02:28:52 AM

if it's me, everytime I follow an airdrop and sell it in the market and when I want to withdraw, I always use a coin whose fee is small. like ethereum classic is very small, so if you want to withdraw you can choose the coin whose fee is small. if it's me, I'll choose etc and make sure also if you follow airdrop and at least two airdrop tokens have the same market. maybe this could be a solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: