Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 Tips to Becoming a Better Cryptocurrency Investor  (Read 223 times)
cutenikky (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Cryptocurrency investments might seem easy to an outsider. Pick the right time to buy. Pick the right time to sell. Move on. Repeat.

There is much more happening behind the scenes.

Before you can learn to make good trades, you have to learn how to manage your emotions, build a strategy, be patient, and much more. Without a high emotional intelligence or the right qualified skills, you will find yourself falling victim to FOMO, scams, overtrading, and much more.

But don’t worry, the crypto space is still young.

It’s ya boi Shill Nye here and today I’m bringing you some tips to help you become mentally prepared to invest in cryptocurrency and bitcoin. Enjoy.

Build a Strategy
The title says it all. A winning strategy can change the entire outcome of your investments.

Don’t just go all in on one coin. Ever. I see way too many people doing this. That’s not a winning strategy. Even if you get lucky once, eventually you will get rekt. And you will cry. So just don’t.

Everyone has a different trading strategy dependent upon their goals and style. I recommend you build your own.

When you build your own strategy, you will be 1000x more successful than by copying someone else’s strategy or blindly following people’s calls. You will know when to enter and when to exit coins. And you will never be able to blame anyone else for a ‘bad call’ or if you lose/make money. The responsibility will fall on you.

Strategy Example:

X% of your portfolio in short term investments
X% of your portfolio in long term investments
X% of your portfolio in fiat
Emotional Management
Most people have a low EQ. They have not learned how to properly manage or control their emotions, therefore their emotions run their lives (and usually not in a good way). Instead of being able to thinking rationally and make clear decisions, 99% of society lives their lives in accordance to other people’s belief systems and actions while never truly forming their own.

Even worse, a majority of people tend to run based off their fearful programing. Their beliefs are based in a lacking mindset and fear controls their lives.

This (especially) includes cryptocurrency investors.

For example, FOMO is a common occurrence amongst inexperienced cryptocurrency investors. Without the proper ability to manage your emotions, you will fall victim to FOMO over and over. This is why this skill, also known as self awareness, is so important.

How can you improve your EQ?

Really, there isn’t a formula to become more self aware. It takes internal practice, time, and patience. Learn to not act upon the fear. Stay strong in yourself rather than falling victim to the FOMO of the masses. This is how you will differentiate yourself as an investor and, eventually, make more money.

Patience
This is the most repeated and underrated tip that any new crypto investor can implement.

Patience.

Seems simple, but really, it isn’t. Most people do not have the skill of patience. They rekt themselves in the crypto world by over trading and chasing trades — rather than taking the time to find good entries in coins and waiting patiently for them to move.

Remember, let the gains come to you.

How can you learn to be more patient?

Practice. Find entries in solid coins and wait for them to move, instead of chasing coins that are already moving.

The more you immerse yourself in the crypto space, the more you will see there are gains to be made everywhere. When you see a coin pumping and you feel the urge to chase it, don’t. Wait.

You will be happy when your coins start moving.

Also, consider trading a demo account when you first start. Or start with a VERY small amount. You can learn a lot of these skills without losing TONS of money in the process.

Take Responsibility
Finally, you MUST take responsibility for your portfolio. No one is going to hold your hand through making tons of money. Everyone is focused on their own shit.

That being said, there are good people in this space you can bounce ideas off of. People are willing to help.

But people are not willing to baby sit you. So don’t ask ‘target’ or ‘still good entry’ because that shit is annoying. If you ask a legit question, most people will give you a legit answer.

Also, find a group of traders and chat with them. It really helps to be around other cryptocurrency investors when you first start off. Don’t blindly follow their advice/opinions, but have an open dialogue where you can learn and bounce ideas off each other. You will all learn from each other, if you are open to that.

Finally,
Good luck everyone. I really can’t teach you a lot of this shit. You have to learn it on your own. But hopefully, this can be a good guide for you to start to learn.

The more time you put into this, the more you will get out of it.

Remember, be a damn good human while you’re at it.

Disclaimer:
I do not give financial advice. I am not a financial advisor. If you are looking for financial advice, then you should go to google and look for a financial advisor in your area. The shit I write is simply for entertainment purposes. You should never blindly trust anyone on the internet who tells you where or how to invest your money.

Read More ... https://medium.com/@CryptoShillNye/4-tips-to-becoming-a-better-cryptocurrency-investor-5c01caee9a2d
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:20:56 PM

Building a good strategy is very difficult and mostly depends on the one who use it so I don't think there may be some compliacated strategy that is suitable for everyone. Hodl is good for everyone but it is simple strategy.

Badjasman

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:28:45 PM

Thanks for sharing! Have you had good results with your strategy? Was it hard not to deviate from your strategy? I wish you the best of luck as well.
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:35:19 PM

tips from me are:

1.know what coin you will invest
2. Find out about the market, price, and background of the coin you will invest
3. Calculate your provit carefully
4. Never try to invest in coins that never climbed into the crypto market
andrei.dr

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

Hello, mate!

I fully agree with your opinions about trading/investing in crypto.
I did my own research though, and I hope to improve my skills as a trader/investor.

Thank you!
exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:03:06 PM

Your own strategy always depends on what has already been done by your predecessors.
One should analyse and take into account both positive and negative outcomes of various strategies (I would call that "an assertive plagiarism" unless it breaks with your own trading interests).
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:29:35 PM

I would call myself a good investors only if I will be better off after a hard crash that lasts years otherwise it is easier to be feel like a good investors.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:36:32 PM

I just got one.
Do not go greedy.  Grin

Eventually when the market of one ICO go mainstream it gains a lot of value. After that people are entering the telegram group chat of the certain token and try to bombard it with different speculation.
That could cost you to become greedy. There will be a lot of talks about what price and this and that.
One thing it should be, if there is profit then get out. Do not look for more or you will just regret it.
That is based from my own experience, I am just sharing it.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:37:44 PM

Patience
This is the most repeated and underrated tip that any new crypto investor can implement.
This is the most critical process to me, specially if I need money in my hand. The patience will gonna ignore in just a wink of eye, that's why I not capable to enter the world of investing. Somehow, I have a little amount of shipchain token right now from bounty hunting. And I see how that token aim back his original value. So it means, my patience is on test again, hope I can win this one.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:43:01 PM

I just got one.
Do not go greedy.  Grin

Eventually when the market of one ICO go mainstream it gains a lot of value. After that people are entering the telegram group chat of the certain token and try to bombard it with different speculation.
That could cost you to become greedy. There will be a lot of talks about what price and this and that.
One thing it should be, if there is profit then get out. Do not look for more or you will just regret it.
That is based from my own experience, I am just sharing it.
Greedy  and love of money is a dangerous one, human nature sin . My friend fall on that one and leave his job to have some more opportunity, opportunity to take advantage to others ( some are dirty works in crypto currency ) . The scenario is he want to get the bounty of other member , those non active member who got a little stakes, such a ambitious one.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:52:07 PM

Building a good strategy is very difficult and mostly depends on the one who use it so I don't think there may be some compliacated strategy that is suitable for everyone. Hodl is good for everyone but it is simple strategy.
We do indeed create our own strategy which we would able to realize it along the way but to read up those things above those are really good informations which can a certain person can applied to himself but i would say it wont really be an easy thing.Being investor do really have lots of significant factors on where we can able to resist temptations and wrong decisions towards on what we saw in our surroundings.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:49:15 PM

Cryptocurrency investments might seem easy to an outsider. Pick the right time to buy. Pick the right time to sell. Move on. Repeat.

There is much more happening behind the scenes.

Before you can learn to make good trades, you have to learn how to manage your emotions, build a strategy, be patient, and much more. Without a high emotional intelligence or the right qualified skills, you will find yourself falling victim to FOMO, scams, overtrading, and much more.

But don’t worry, the crypto space is still young.

It’s ya boi Shill Nye here and today I’m bringing you some tips to help you become mentally prepared to invest in cryptocurrency and bitcoin. Enjoy.

Build a Strategy
The title says it all. A winning strategy can change the entire outcome of your investments.

Don’t just go all in on one coin. Ever. I see way too many people doing this. That’s not a winning strategy. Even if you get lucky once, eventually you will get rekt. And you will cry. So just don’t.

Everyone has a different trading strategy dependent upon their goals and style. I recommend you build your own.

When you build your own strategy, you will be 1000x more successful than by copying someone else’s strategy or blindly following people’s calls. You will know when to enter and when to exit coins. And you will never be able to blame anyone else for a ‘bad call’ or if you lose/make money. The responsibility will fall on you.

Strategy Example:

X% of your portfolio in short term investments
X% of your portfolio in long term investments
X% of your portfolio in fiat
Emotional Management
Most people have a low EQ. They have not learned how to properly manage or control their emotions, therefore their emotions run their lives (and usually not in a good way). Instead of being able to thinking rationally and make clear decisions, 99% of society lives their lives in accordance to other people’s belief systems and actions while never truly forming their own.

Even worse, a majority of people tend to run based off their fearful programing. Their beliefs are based in a lacking mindset and fear controls their lives.

This (especially) includes cryptocurrency investors.

For example, FOMO is a common occurrence amongst inexperienced cryptocurrency investors. Without the proper ability to manage your emotions, you will fall victim to FOMO over and over. This is why this skill, also known as self awareness, is so important.

How can you improve your EQ?

Really, there isn’t a formula to become more self aware. It takes internal practice, time, and patience. Learn to not act upon the fear. Stay strong in yourself rather than falling victim to the FOMO of the masses. This is how you will differentiate yourself as an investor and, eventually, make more money.

Patience

Patience.

Seems simple, but really, it isn’t. Most people do not have the skill of patience. They rekt themselves in the crypto world by over trading and chasing trades — rather than taking the time to find good entries in coins and waiting patiently for them to move.

Remember, let the gains come to you.

How can you learn to be more patient?

Practice. Find entries in solid coins and wait for them to move, instead of chasing coins that are already moving.

The more you immerse yourself in the crypto space, the more you will see there are gains to be made everywhere. When you see a coin pumping and you feel the urge to chase it, don’t. Wait.

You will be happy when your coins start moving.

Also, consider trading a demo account when you first start. Or start with a VERY small amount. You can learn a lot of these skills without losing TONS of money in the process.

Take Responsibility
Finally, you MUST take responsibility for your portfolio. No one is going to hold your hand through making tons of money. Everyone is focused on their own shit.

That being said, there are good people in this space you can bounce ideas off of. People are willing to help.

But people are not willing to baby sit you. So don’t ask ‘target’ or ‘still good entry’ because that shit is annoying. If you ask a legit question, most people will give you a legit answer.

Also, find a group of traders and chat with them. It really helps to be around other cryptocurrency investors when you first start off. Don’t blindly follow their advice/opinions, but have an open dialogue where you can learn and bounce ideas off each other. You will all learn from each other, if you are open to that.

Finally,
Good luck everyone. I really can’t teach you a lot of this shit. You have to learn it on your own. But hopefully, this can be a good guide for you to start to learn.

The more time you put into this, the more you will get out of it.

Remember, be a damn good human while you’re at it.

Disclaimer:
I do not give financial advice. I am not a financial advisor. If you are looking for financial advice, then you should go to google and look for a financial advisor in your area. The shit I write is simply for entertainment purposes. You should never blindly trust anyone on the internet who tells you where or how to invest your money.

Read More ... https://medium.com/@CryptoShillNye/4-tips-to-becoming-a-better-cryptocurrency-investor-5c01caee9a2d

For new in investing this advice is too much to do. In cryptocurrency, all you need to do is find a good and promising coins which has a good future. Put you money in it and hold until you see some profit, and when the price goes high that is when you do your trading to have your gain. It's that simple and no complicated actions to be done, but that is if you can afford to take the risk in your investment.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Alex9813

Activity: 205
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:55:13 PM

tips from me are:

1.know what coin you will invest
2. Find out about the market, price, and background of the coin you will invest
3. Calculate your provit carefully
4. Never try to invest in coins that never climbed into the crypto market

I am agree with suggestions.I think first of all one need to search for the right coin to invest.He/she can seek help from the experienced investors for this matter.I will also suggest investors that never invest that amount which you can't afford to lose.Lastly, I will suggest to think twice before investing because there are many scam projects in the market where you will get lots of bonus but ultimately your investment worth zero.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:05:55 PM

I can’t think a proper strategy that can work for everyone in crypto market. Everybody has his own way of investing in the market. But some general tips can be research properly before investing in any coin about the team of developers, price trends, etc, don’t be greedy for earning profits, never invest more than what you cannot afford to lose, and don’t panic and have control on your emotions.
onrise

Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:22:23 PM

I can’t think a proper strategy that can work for everyone in crypto market. Everybody has his own way of investing in the market. But some general tips can be research properly before investing in any coin about the team of developers, price trends, etc, don’t be greedy for earning profits, never invest more than what you cannot afford to lose, and don’t panic and have control on your emotions.

Their is no right or wrong strategy till the time you are making money from the investment . But yes you need to make smart decisions at time when market falls and should be ready to take some risks which can help you make money when it rises and sell at the right time .

███████████████████████████
████████▀         ▀████████
███████             ███████
███████             ███████
██████▀             ▀██████
█████▄         ▄██▄  ▄█████
██████████▀▀███████████████
████▀▄██▀    ▀ ▀██▀██▄▀████
████  ▀             ▀  ████
█████▄▄    ▄███▄    ▄▄█████
CHIPS!
▄▄▀▀▀█████████▄▄
██▄███████████████
█▄████████████████
██████████████████
▄█▀▀▀██████████████▄
█▄▄██████████████████
▀████▀██████▀ ▄▀█▀
██ ▀▀███▀ ▄▀▄██
███
████████▀▄█████
▄███████████████▄
▀████████████████▀
▀██████ ████▀▀

▄▄██████ ███ ██████▄▄
$100,000       
EVENT
!
The Ultimate Crypto Casino
9 CRYPTOCURRENCIES
   ▄█████████████▄     ▄▄▄
  █████████████████   █████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▀
▄███████████████████▄   ▄
███▀             ▀███   █
███ ▐██▌ ███ ▐██▌ ███   █
███ ▐██▌ ███ ▐██▌ ███ ▀▀▀
███▄             ▄███
▀███████████████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████████▀▀▀███
  ███████████▄▄▄███
  ▀███████████████▀

▄███████████▄
██  █████████
██  █████████
█████▀ ▀█████ █████▄
████ ▄█▄ ████ ██████
████ ▀█▀ ████ ██████
█████▄ ▄█████ ██████
█████████  ██ ██████
█████████  ██ ██████
▀███████████▀ ██████
       ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
       █████████████
       ▀███████████▀

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:02:23 PM

Don't go all in, in one coin.
The delicate part of all, or as they say it here more often "do not put it in just one basket".
Try oranges and don't pick just apples.

It may take a lot of work for you will need to read a lot about other ICO or tokens that are newly added in trading websites but it will be worth it in the long run.
Make a list of all the tokens and how much you invested with it.
Do not convert with USD. Use the ethereum or bitcoin exchange only. Many users got the wrong idea about that because they want it in USD. Once you exchange it in crypto then forget about how much it is in USD. Remember, BTC and ETH will go up anyway. That is the truth.
masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:02:36 AM

great article and can motivate me in trading for profit in Cryptocurrency trading.

but the market is not as beautiful as we wish it would, the market could be up and down whenever want. Probably the most powerful way to trade is not to be greedy.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:42:39 AM

remember not to believe in anything that is feared is a matter of cultivation because the natural tendency for crypto investors is to identify new altcoins with growth potential, invest heavily while still cheap to do so, and then reap the rewards as their value increases. That said, the altcoin market is growing so fast that many new digital currencies that hit the market may not be a good long-term investment.
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:11:14 AM

However, most investors do not treat bitcoin as a currency: they treat it as a financial commodity that can provide a return on investment.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:04:12 AM

great article and can motivate me in trading for profit in Cryptocurrency trading.

but the market is not as beautiful as we wish it would, the market could be up and down whenever want. Probably the most powerful way to trade is not to be greedy.
When the market is red start holding them and remember that we never lost anything until we sell our coins.Yes being greedy makes many problems and also make us to lose our small profits so keep a target level at the time of investment and trade when you reached that price.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

yes, of course there are some things to watch out for before we do Cryptocurrency investment activities like one of the most basic things to note is of course we should be able to see the potential coin we will invest. because I think it would be useless if we invest in coins that do not have good potential in the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:57:22 AM

And just to add, just invest from your spare money like don't use the money that you think you need for daily living. So if things didn't work out the way you expected you won't be depress about getting a quick profit. Always think ahead and don't be impulsive in everything you do.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
riptv

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:11:57 AM

there is also a greed problem in trading which can ruin all your earnings at once and if you are not able to control it instead of earning more you would lose more and more.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:05:30 AM

Good articles but if I may be honest "I'm the laziest to read like this"
Maybe you can write directly to the core of your title and it will get better.

Successful investors are those who keep trying from little things and never despair, know in the ICO should be a lot of experience and many friends to make strong financial ICO.
FerrisWheel

Activity: 309
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

Aah you quote from Shill nye? He's a good mentor, you should read the suggestion he made
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:42:39 AM

Depending on the ability of each person, learn a lot but not good thinking, the profit from the investment will be difficult, perhaps the market today more difficult for investors
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: