Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason people do not want to invest in crypto  (Read 18898 times)
Jlv

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:56:33 AM

The reason people do not want to invest in crypto is because they are afraid to lose their money and getting to be scammed and maybe because of lack of knowledge in investing.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mulukey

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:21:53 AM

The reason people do not want to invest in the cryptocurrency market because many countries probably do not accept bitcoin (yet underdeveloped countries). They do not really understand the benefits that bitcoin brings. In the future I think the cryptocurrency market is growing and many people will see the benefits of bitcoin, they will enter the market more and more now.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:03:23 AM

In my opinion and based on my observation from family and friends, they do not want to invest in crypto it is because they think it is a scam especially those news they see wherein people scam people using bitcoin. Another reason would have to be being ignorant, they have not known that much about bitcoin so basically they assume it is something negative.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:31:06 AM

You can see also that many people are afraid of the cryptocurrancy errors and market instability, they do not want to risk their money in such conditions. Some others have only false and wrong ideas about Bitcoin involved because it is difficult to imagine the world. Where we are less dependent on fiat. even they think they are some kind of ponzi scheme.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:58:56 AM

In my opinion and based on my observation from family and friends, they do not want to invest in crypto it is because they think it is a scam especially those news they see wherein people scam people using bitcoin. Another reason would have to be being ignorant, they have not known that much about bitcoin so basically they assume it is something negative.

You have a point on that mate. Well, each and everyone of us have our own perceptions on how to deal those things especially those risk situations. Also, we can't even force those people don't want to take a risk as they don't want to loss some of their money. Moreover, to be here in crypto currency community risk is everywhere which we need to be aware the possible attack of those bad people as well as those fake ICO Projects as we need to be attentive and observant as much as possible.
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

I think the main reason is that people need their money for more essential things such as family, food, clothes, bills etc. They just spend everything and have no desire and time even to learn even something about crypto.
clex_us

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:59:51 PM

of being lack of knowledge , which is the reason why they don't want to jump on it, and also because of being known as a scam around the internet most people nowaday afraid to make an investment , even though its a fake news
crypmike

Activity: 910
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 09:05:58 PM

The main reasons to me are:

1) They don't know / understand the technology.
2) They think that it's difficult to invest
3) They don't have enough money
4) They don't want to risk

It's amazing how people scare of new technologies and risks. But I think the main risk to them is to skip this opportunity, probably the main opportunity of few recent years

My twitter — https://twitter.com/CrypMike

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:37:33 PM

Not all people doesn't know about on crypto, or they don't really know how to use it, or on how to invest. Because not all people in a crypto world are really known how to join and to use or invest.
bestcripta

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:16:27 PM

Society in the world is not very positive about crypto, in 2-3 years it will no longer be a problem and many new investors will come in the crypto sphere.
I agree with your opinion. It must really take some time for society to get used to crypto. I think a maximum a year to wait.
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:20:14 PM

1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.
You can see that from late 2017 to early 2018 the price of bitcoin and altcoin has been decreasing continuously, the market capitalization has only a time of just over 200 billion, which are signs that investors have Start taking profits and withdraw from the market. You can see that by the end of 2017 bitcoin prices have spiked and peaked at $ 19800 hook.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

Bitcoin is very different than the traditional investment instruments. People believe there must be government behind any investment instrument. So they stay away from crypto currency.
Vness10

Activity: 372

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:25:17 PM

There's many reason why they not want to invest in crypto some of them are have lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies,scared to invest their money and scared to lose and scared to frauders/scammer. Some reason like that is the one of the reason of why don't want to invest because we all know that cryptocurrencies is decentralized is hard to recover our money if one person scam us.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:29:22 PM

Not all people doesn't know about on crypto, or they don't really know how to use it, or on how to invest. Because not all people in a crypto world are really known how to join and to use or invest.
Yes, I believe that is the main reason too. Because not all people are aware about this new technology, the fact is that people born on 80's or even 90's are not so online hobbyist and other are others that afraid to invest because of security reasons for being a decentralized system is hard to recover asset if there is an error in handling for there is no third party for the recovery and lastly that bitcoin is internet based and there more hackers that can possibly steal one's asset if we are not so aware about internet security.

valera10

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:01:23 PM

Society in the world is not very positive about crypto, in 2-3 years it will no longer be a problem and many new investors will come in the crypto sphere.
I agree with your opinion. It must really take some time for society to get used to crypto. I think a maximum a year to wait.
Indeed, I, too, so believe. Society is very fearful configured. Especially in many countries do not know what bitcoin is.
almaerk08

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:59:42 AM

I think the reason why people do not want to invest in crypto because they dont have enough idea about the cryptocurrency, they are too scared to get scammed or to lose, and maybe they are not open-minded about it.
Biomass

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:12:14 AM

1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.

Are you the author a Vietnamese with the name Tuan ?

I wish to add 1 more ridiculous reason from Vietnam. Here in my country, media calls cryptocurrencies "virtual money" (tiền ảo)

That cunning word makes people have really bad prejudice about cryptocurrencies and they do not want to learn or to care about blockchain nature of cryptocurrencies anymore. Many of the others hold or join cryptocurrencies just because they are greedy for a super profit.

I have a friend, an older friend. He joined Onecoin, Swisscoin, BEC, Bitkingdom ... all kinds of MLM "virtual money" scam and he does not have even a satoshi in his electronic wallet. He does not want to care Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple ... or anything I introduced. Because he thinks those things are not for sure and "guaranteed" profit. He loves the MLM commission and has no idea about genuine cryptocurrencies for years.

I am also a victim of the cunning media in Vietnam with their super word "virtual money".
In 2010, I began to notice Bitcoin. But I did not have much time to find or read about blockchain. So my initial interest was immediately extinguished after I read some news that called Bitcoin "virtual" money and warned the people about scam.
Just until 2016, I came to read about Bitcoin and blockchain. I knew it was a new era. But it was too late to make millionaire dream come true.

Yes, "virtual money" ! That is the word they call cryptocurrencies in Vietnam. Many of people think "WTH ? Even real money can be lost, how can virtual money be safe ?"

https://deeponion.org/#download
OWN DeepOnion - Tor Integrated - 100% Anonymous
===> SegWit Wallet Released Upgrade now <===
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

They do not want to invest their money simply because they do not believe in something that they cannot have a hard  proof and they cannot have it physically.  Cryptos are digital and it is difficult to persuade some maybe because it is not regulated by the government so they feel that there is no security at all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

I think the issue here is more political than business. Politics is an important segment in any business, and if politicians are cautious about cryptocurrency, then the investor will also be the same.
A common person cannot grasp the idea of bitcoin and digital market. Technology is a cause of fear for many people because they are unable to use it and find it difficult to deal with. Old generation or he elders who have money, majority of it does not understand computer related inventions well. And as you have said, government is also playing a significant role in defaming bitcoin and altcoins.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:20:34 AM

They do not want to invest their money simply because they do not believe in something that they cannot have a hard  proof and they cannot have it physically.  Cryptos are digital and it is difficult to persuade some maybe because it is not regulated by the government so they feel that there is no security at all.
many factors that prevent them from investing in ICO. well, maybe they see so many projects that fail, or become a scam, therefore they become afraid. or they see the price of the coin being dumped, and have acquaintances affected. they are all afraid of the risks.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: