Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is airdrop a good idea before ICO?  (Read 817 times)
malahivet930

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:03 PM

airdrop can take big attention to the project... if the airdrop is good.. people try to do bounty also.. according to my opinion airdrop do huge work for successive ico.. thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrei.dr

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

Hi, there!

In my opinion, the airdrop campaign is vital in order to promote an ICO.
Is the easiest way to attract various investors and promote your product at the same time.
Although, you must be very cautious because there are many scams and you can easily lose your money.

Best of luck!
danscub

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:06:22 PM

Yes, I think airdrop is an effective way to catch the attention of investors since airdrop participants needs to do some simple advertisement  tasks. But because lots of scammed airdrops  nowadays, some lose their interest on it.
zentcoin (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:58:56 PM

I don't think that it is a good option to have an airdrop before ICO. Since many members here are thinking of airdrops as a scam. Of course, no one wants to be scammed, right? There are airdrops here that are not paying their members. And that brings a bad reputation to airdrops. Although, airdrops in general is a good thing, but the reputation of it is not good at the moment. If you want to have an airdrop, make sure that you will pay your members well.

Thank you! Unfortunately such things happen, like with some bounties ..
Sure no one is willing to be scammed
zentcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:00:02 PM

Carrying out an airdrop before the ICO is one way to draw attention to the project. It seems to play a role in attracting investors. Also very important is the structure of the project itself, its idea, team, etc.

And what's on your opinion works better: bounties or airdrop.
The mechanism is a bit similar, I suppose
zentcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:01:27 PM

If viewed from the perspective of this investor as free and invisible coins will have good prospects but this is a good tool for promotion, In the case of any promotion will be done as long as it is in a healthy way. You can see the success achieved by Coin Havven

Thank you for giving an example, will look thoroughly at their activities
cryptotnak

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

Airdrops normally happen when the ICO has ended,it is better to give those airdrops to the people because you wont need to burn the unsold tokens,it is the way developers are giving away tokens so that those people who will get airdrops wont waste their time,i am only joining these  airdrop tokens from the ICO airdrops because those free airdrops from nowhere are going to waste your time and effort.

Nekrasova

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:05:00 PM

Don’t think it is a good thing
zentcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:05:46 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 

Airdrop is part of the marketing strategy and one effective way to build a community on social media pages specially in telegram .  It's like promoting a food by having a free taste .

Such a good comparison, I must admit! Smiley
Yeah, I see pros of launching an airdrop. Thanks
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:06:59 PM

Yes, it attracts investors. I've experienced an Ico named Vinchain, they sent fee tokens to random eth address and people who own those wallets got their attention and started to do some research about that Ico. In this day, Vinchain reached hardcap and crowdsale ended.
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:10:08 PM

no really worthwhile project will not do airdrop, this is my opinion, have you ever seen that makdonald's or facebook was giving out shares for free?
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:11:37 PM

I do not think that airdrop in front of ICO is a normal undertaking, because investors obviously will not like it, it seems to me that what will be best done in the ICO process, so that investors take part in airdrops. So I do not think this is the right idea.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 

I think the opposite. A good ICO usually has enough hype without any airdrops or bounties. And I don't think that airdrop can attract a lot of investors. Those who participate in airdrops, they usually don't have enough money for investing, as they're just looking for free tokens. So if ICO has an airdrop then it's not a good sign for me, and most likely I would skip such ICOs. But there's one exection, is when airdrop is held instead of a crowdsale, than I would definitely join such airdrops.

ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:21:05 PM

The main function of the airdrop is precisely this, attract the attention of investors and build a large community and support the project.
For this case, the airdrop is a good option before ICO
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:26:00 PM

Before the ICO? nope because those bounty hunters wont get good bounties,because of these airdrops there will be more people to get free tokens,that is why airdrops from these campaigns are normally happening when the bounty campaign is over and those unsold tokens are going to distributed to the community which is why ICOs shouldnt be doing airdros before the ICO has to start.

tekinekan98

Activity: 157
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:28:58 PM

Airdrop contribute to advertising. It is a very good tactic if the project is aimed at attracting more people. The more people hear about the project, the more likely investors will be among them.

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

https://cindx.io/
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

I believe it is one great strategy that various projects use to advertise themselves. With Airdrop, most there are referal programs and this helps to maximize telegram groups. This is very necessary because most investors consider the number of people in a telegram group as one of the factors before they invest in an ICO.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:51:34 PM

Airdrops are used for project presentation and in most cases, it is a free tool to attract attention because the project uses tokens that do not have or have a low value. This tool is also used after the ICO for open presentations and in my opinion, it is very effective.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

I do not really like it !!! They are very bad for the market when they get tokens in the wallet, they then do what they want on the stock exchange))
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:21:21 PM

I don't like Airdrops and I really don't like airdrops in project that will have bounty. I have the feeling that I have to work for something that the rest is receiving for free.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████