Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashEngineering - Android Wallet Creation Service  (Read 35867 times)
asschode

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:48:57 PM

Hey guys.

Unobtanium wallet for Android.

I am trying to restore a backup file with the Unobtanium Wallet which was created by the wallet. When I try to restore, by opening the backup file with the app, I enter my password and get a success screen, but the UNO never appears in my wallet.

Also, when trying to send UNO from the wallet it just doesn't work.

Is there a way to get the private key / decrypt the backup file so that I can sweep the wallet into another wallet?

Please help I'm very concerned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashEngineering (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:12:17 PM

Hey guys.

I am trying to restore a backup file with the Unobtanium Wallet which was created by the wallet. When I try to restore, by opening the backup file with the app, I enter my password and get a success screen, but the UNO never appears in my wallet.

Is there a way to get the private key / decrypt the backup file so that I can sweep the wallet into another wallet?

This sounds like this app is not connecting to the UNO network, so it cannot determine your balance.  Sending will not work either if there is no network connection.  Currently my app is connecting to one peer, but it is not syncing the blockchain. 

DECRYPTING YOUR WALLET FILE.

You will need a PC with openssl and git.  And your backup file.  You now have your backup file on your PC. Wallet backups are encrypted. Let's decrypt it using:

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in unobtanium-wallet-backup-2014-11-01 > unobtanium-wallet-decrypted-backup

It will ask you for a decryption password, which is your backup password. If it prints
"bad password" you've got the wrong password, but if it doesn't print anything your password might
still be wrong. We can only be sure by looking at the decrypted data.

RECOVERING FROM PROTOBUF WALLET FORMAT

We need wallet-tool from bitcoinj. First, in a working directory, let's get bitcoinj:

git clone -b release-0.12 https://github.com/hashengineering/unobtaniumj.git

Make sure everything is compiled and ready to go by using once:

cd unobtaniumj/tools
   ./wallet-tool

Now use wallet-tool to sync the wallet from your backup:

./wallet-tool reset --wallet=unobtanium-wallet-decrypted-backup
   ./wallet-tool sync --wallet=unobtanium-wallet-decrypted-backup --debuglog

The sync process will take anywhere from a few minutes to hours. Wallet-tool will return to the
shell prompt if its finished synching. Have a look at the wallet:

./wallet-tool dump --wallet=/tmp/bitcoin-wallet-decrypted-backup --dump-privkeys

You can skip the sync to the wallet if you don't think you received any coins in new addresses since you made your last backup.

The last command will dump onto the screen all your private keys and your seed (12 word recovery phrase).  The phrase may be able to be used in other unobtainium software that can read BIP32 / BIP39 phrases.

Good Luck.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
asschode

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:32:31 PM

Hey guys.

This sounds like this app is not connecting to the UNO network, so it cannot determine your balance.  Sending will not work either if there is no network connection.  Currently my app is connecting to one peer, but it is not syncing the blockchain. 

You will need a PC with openssl and git.  And your backup file.  You now have your backup file on your PC. Wallet backups are encrypted. Let's decrypt it using:

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in unobtanium-wallet-backup-2014-11-01 > unobtanium-wallet-decrypted-backup

It will ask you for a decryption password, which is your backup password. If it prints
"bad password" you've got the wrong password, but if it doesn't print anything your password might

We need wallet-tool from bitcoinj. First, in a working directory, let's get bitcoinj:

cd unobtaniumj/tools
   ./wallet-tool

The sync process will take anywhere from a few minutes to hours. Wallet-tool will return to the

./wallet-tool dump --wallet=/tmp/bitcoin-wallet-decrypted-backup --dump-privkeys

You can skip the sync to the wallet if you don't think you received any coins in new addresses since you made your last backup.

The last command will dump onto the screen all your private keys and your seed (12 word recovery phrase).  The phrase may be able to be used in other unobtainium software that can read BIP32 / BIP39 phrases.

Good Luck.

Wow, awesome response, thank you!

I don't really follow though (I am new to all this). Are those commands that I enter into openssl? How does the software pull the proper file?

asschode

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:40:38 PM

Hey guys.

cd unobtaniumj/tools
   ./wallet-tool

Good Luck.

Alright-- I've got openssl on my PC. When I run the

it asks me for my password, as expected. Except when I enter my password it returns a string of bizarre symbols and an error message. The password is apparently wrong. Nonetheless this is the very password that works each time I open the backup file on my Android device with the Unobtanium Wallet. Does the Unobtanium Wallet convert/translate the password I've chosen into something else, something which would yield a success in openssl?

Thanks again
asschode

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:58:16 PM

Seriously though, can someone help me?
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:20:44 PM

Hey guys.

I understand that this is a difficult task and almost impossible. Each time the administration warns about the safety of their keys, What exactly is the owner for everything in the answer. Therefore, there are practically no methods of restoration.
kevindj

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:11:32 PM

what about an android wallet for USDE Coin be nice just as the relaunch is underway.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2064798.0
scryptenthusiast

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:52:44 PM

Please help NewYorkCoin!

bitcoinj library and android wallet needed.

github.com/nycoin/nycoin

nycoin.net

OFFICIAL NEW YORK COIN (NYC) Retail Crypto. No Fee Layer 1 Blockchain Since 2014.
EARLIEST LIGHTNING-FAST, NO FEE PAYMENTS CRYPTO IN EXISTENCE   nycoin.net  |  newyorkcoin.net
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:18:05 AM

is there any chance the UNO wallet could be sorted out?

it seems to connect but is stuck in june...
mceme
Copper Member

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

From here dont want more this!

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 09:13:49 PM

check this

https://github.com/mceme/ImageCoin

if interested develop android app, bounty
trinhthuylinh

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:14:28 AM

How hard is quark?

Are you taking orders? Cost?

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
trinhthuylinh

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:19:50 AM

Dash coin on my phone it is great   Grin Grin Grin

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: