Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: pioneer one now accepting bitcoin  (Read 8105 times)
chris200x9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 06:12:16 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 02:57:16 AM by chris200x9

I have been in informal talks with pioneer one and they have begun accepting bitcoin! Let's all show them this is a worth while endeavor!

hash: 19SEkQBQUomfSAo7tcAcJRPrCRUgxUUUkh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 06:31:27 PM

I just donated 5 bitcoins to Pioneer One.

http://pioneerone.tv/
http://vodo.net/pioneerone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_One

I am a big fan of Pioneer One and Vodo.net. This is an alternative distribution model for creative content (film, music, literature, are, whatever) which, if we consumers support it, will end the traditional model. It works like this: a creator produces something good, makes it available as a free download, and those who like it donate something to permit creators making a living with their creative work.

Pioneer One (2 episodes so far, a third coming) has been made with tens of thousands of dollars instead of tens of millions of dollars like 24 or Lost. Of course is not yet as good as major TV series, but I found it a solid and professional work.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:19:09 PM

If it is good, I am going to reluctantly donate 1 BTC.

LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:26:38 PM

Just donated 1 bitcoin. It will be nice if that bitcoin donation address will be on their website too.

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:59:49 PM

No you didn't. Only 3.56 BTC have been donated so far.
chris200x9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 10:29:50 PM

Just donated 1 bitcoin. It will be nice if that bitcoin donation address will be on their website too.

No you didn't. Only 3.56 BTC have been donated so far.

hmm I donated 2.50 and lzsaver donated 1, I am not believing that number unless someone donated .06...
gim

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 10:42:05 PM

+1 BTC, and probably some more when new episodes will come out!
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 11:00:37 PM

It will be nice if that bitcoin donation address will be on their website too.

+1
I am going to wait to donate until their official B address is on their donation pages.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 11:06:20 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2011, 11:22:56 PM by grondilu

It will be nice if that bitcoin donation address will be on their website too.

+1
I am going to wait to donate until their official B address is on their donation pages.

+1

yet I enjoyed the pilot and I'm about to dl 1x02

PS.  I've changed my mind and I donated 1 BTC.  I'll give more if I enjoy the second episode too.

JohnDoe

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 12:12:46 AM

hmm I donated 2.50 and lzsaver donated 1, I am not believing that number unless someone donated .06...

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CQcavqNsXkm6x2osFrfS8TFFrFUTZ9YC2
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 12:14:58 AM

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CQcavqNsXkm6x2osFrfS8TFFrFUTZ9YC2

blockexplorer is missing about 40 blocks.

JohnDoe

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 12:48:33 AM

blockexplorer is missing about 40 blocks.

Details?
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 12:55:19 AM

that intro vs the senate committee is not fiction and actually happened. that character is based off Robert Zubrin.

The real version is far more dramatic,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5uImXbhQM8

His plan named Mars Direct has been adopted by NASA for their Mars Design Reference mission by the mid 2030s and can be done within NASA's current budget over 10 years.

This is a video of how such a mission would look (Mars Direct),
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4KIB4GqEA
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 01:52:38 AM

This is a video of how such a mission would look (Mars Direct),
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4KIB4GqEA

Lol  great we're going to have this debate about space colonisation again.

I like the part when Zubrin says:

Quote from: Zubrin
It's like Colombus coming back from the New World and say "nah it's worthless, forget it.  Burn the ships."

Well, yes!  I'm pretty sure that, if Colombus, when arriving in America, found only a deserted dangerous place, with very little resource, only rocks and a deadly solar radiation, then I guess he would have say exactly this.

Instead, he found a luxurious country with gold everywhere and indigeous people who were offering their topless wives as a welcome gift.  No wonder he wanted to establish there!

The Colombus comparaison is just ridiculous.  To me, the first men on Mars should be compared to Tenzing and Hillary, the first men who climbed the Everest, not to Colombus.

Mars is a distant place that we know it exists, we know what it looks like, but we can't go there.

America was a place we didn't know it was there, we didn't know what it looked like, but where we were able to go.

Dreaming of establishing on Mars is just as serious as dreaming of establishing cities in Sahara or farms under deep oceans.

It is just *not a place designed to sustain human life*.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 02:15:00 AM

The Colombus comparaison is just ridiculous.  To me, the first men on Mars should be compared to Tenzing and Hillary, the first men who climbed the Everest, not to Colombus.

Mars is a distant place that we know it exists, we know what it looks like, but we can't go there.

America was a place we didn't know it was there, we didn't know what it looked like, but where we were able to go.

Dreaming of establishing on Mars is just as serious as dreaming of establishing cities in Sahara or farms under deep oceans.

We could be building space hotels and perhaps habitable colonies within the earth orbit. Mine any asteroid that come near us and get rich(or even just the moon).

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 03:14:23 AM

The Earth is no more designed for us then we ourselves fit to it. The difference between man and the other animals is that we don't spend millions of years evolving to adapt to our environment, we fit our environment to us. Shaping Mars for habitation is not incredulous, and places well within the bracket of extremes people experienced through history.

The issue here is your own mind, not our abilities.
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 03:26:23 AM

The Earth is no more designed for us then we ourselves fit to it. The difference between man and the other animals is that we don't spend millions of years evolving to adapt to our environment, we fit our environment to us. Shaping Mars for habitation is not incredulous, and places well within the bracket of extremes people experienced through history.

Yeah, I should have written this the other way around: we are not designed to live on Mars.  Nor are we designed to live under the ocean, in Antartica or at the top of the highest mountains.  Pretending the opposite is just silly.

Yeah adapting our environnement is cool.  But there is a limit to that.  We don't live in deserts on earth.  We don't even live on water, although we technicaly could, I guess.  There is just no benefit in doing so.

Now, maybe you can talk about terraforming Mars, but this is a very different topic.  It is just basically a very, very long term investment.  Who would finance this?  Why?   Why should I work to finance something I will never personnaly benefit from??   It is just an economic non-sense.

dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 03:31:53 AM

Yeah, I should have written this the other way around: we are not designed to live on Mars.  Nor are we designed to live under the ocean, in Antartica or at the top of the highest mountains.  Pretending the opposite is just silly.

Yeah adapting our environnement is cool.  But there is a limit to that.  We don't live in deserts on earth.  We don't even live on water, although we technicaly could, I guess.  There is just no benefit in doing so.

Now, maybe you can talk about terraformin Mars, but this is a very different topic.  It is just basically a very, very long term investment.  Who would finance this?  Why?   Why should I work to finance something I will never personnaly benefit from??

Let me make something clear: there is no designing going on. You are the result of millions upon millions of years of trial and error. Possibly, in millions of years from now, humans will have evolved into being capable of living on Mars or other planets with no type of life supporting technology (like we are able to here on Earth, breathing oxygen and such). What's stopping evolution from enabling us to live in space, with no space suit or anything?

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 03:53:28 AM

Let me make something clear: there is no designing going on. You are the result of millions upon millions of years of trial and error. Possibly, in millions of years from now, humans will have evolved into being capable of living on Mars or other planets with no type of life supporting technology (like we are able to here on Earth, breathing oxygen and such). What's stopping evolution from enabling us to live in space, with no space suit or anything?

Well, maybe the fact that those millions of years of evolution you describe all occured ON EARTH !

Evolution is a gradual process.  Going and flourishing suddenly out of earth in a totally different environnement is something that has just never been done.

Also, evolution is contingent.  You see only what has succeeded.  For one success, many failures.  So there is no reason why humans should succeed in everything they try to achieve.

Seriously, you can try to go and live on Mars if you want, I don't mind if you do that by your own means.   But I will try my best to prevent you from funding this crazyness with tax money.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2011, 04:01:43 AM

Seriously, you can try to go and live on Mars if you want, I don't mind if you do that by your own means.   But I will try my best to prevent you from funding this crazyness with tax money.

Blah, with nuclear energy, anything is possible for the next several billion years. The only problem is a political one.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: