Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Updated] Learn How To Make Money w/ Cloud Mining + get Free Protoshares!  (Read 2453 times)
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:50:33 AM

I mine PTS on my own PC, what's the benefit of using it on a Cloud server? What's the ROI on it as well?

ROI is decent but I have yet to test it out after the recent 4x difficulty increase, before that, it was amazing. The benefit of a cloud server is that you can mine on your PC while mining on the cloud server so you can get paid from both locations - this would allow you to make more money than what your making from just your PC.

I tried to use Digital Ocean but it was a tad confusing and wasn't earning for my ypool account, but it was still finding shares. I followed your yPool guide on the 17th. Did you update it after that?

lmao

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:24:07 AM

Update: I have been getting some people requesting the reward just for signing up for me when they don't actually spend the $10. Please keep in mind you need to spend the $10 to get the reward.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:28:10 AM

I've never made a ypool guide - mine is for beeeeer.org, are you confusing me with someone else? If you think your not please post a link to this guide.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:30:53 AM

Don't use his code! It will steal all your coins!

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:36:15 AM

good to know. bumping

yolo
sdmented

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:40:54 AM

Can you elaborate on that please?  Making false accusations is quite an offense. 
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:01:09 AM

Can you elaborate on that please?  Making false accusations is quite an offense. 

Seconded, please provide some sort of proof to your claim. Statements in large red letters don't really mean much unless you support them.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

If anyone has any suggestions for upcoming guides they want to see feel free to PM me - don't be shy! Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask me - there is no such thing as a question you should already know the answer too in bitcoins - we were all new at sometime. Plus it gives me feedback on what information I should include in my future guides. This weekend be on the lookout for ~3 new guides (and keep in mind each guide is generally posted in 3 locations so that's 9 new threads to be on the lookout - each thread has different advice so if you have the time and really want to become knowledgeable in cloud mining, I recommend reading all of them!
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:28:45 AM

Reporting that post. Anyone who can prove w/ evidence my code steals there coins will get 1 BTC sent to them! I'm guessing Super3 is jealous because he/she/it has their own cloud mining thread also using referrals and I was most likely stealing some of their referrals (maybe because I give an actual reward).

However if you look at the start of my guide I thanked Super3 (even though his guide was for ypool - but gave me the idea - and didn't work when I tested it out) and my guide is for beeeeer  - so I do try to give credit even if it may not be fully deserved.

artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:23:25 PM

Reporting that post. Anyone who can prove w/ evidence my code steals there coins will get 1 BTC sent to them! I'm guessing Super3 is jealous because he/she/it has their own cloud mining thread also using referrals and I was most likely stealing some of their referrals (maybe because I give an actual reward).

However if you look at the start of my guide I thanked Super3 (even though his guide was for ypool - but gave me the idea - and didn't work when I tested it out) and my guide is for beeeeer  - so I do try to give credit even if it may not be fully deserved.

The guide uses the code available here -> https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer

I've been using this miner (not on the cloud yet) and it is working great.  It does not steal coins.
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:48:09 PM

OK i signed up and paid >$10
Pi5KbCURHYxWmQ3TVDHYrzu9zGUfGQ5dHn

just FYI I followed your instructions and I had to add

apt-get install yasm

before the code would build

BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:41:46 AM

OK i signed up and paid >$10
Pi5KbCURHYxWmQ3TVDHYrzu9zGUfGQ5dHn

just FYI I followed your instructions and I had to add

apt-get install yasm

before the code would build

Thank you for the code advice. I can't send it to you until you PM me with proof. I also use PM's to keep track of who I've paid out ect. Thank you!
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:43:30 AM

The guide uses the code available here -> https://github.com/thbaumbach/ptsminer

I've been using this miner (not on the cloud yet) and it is working great.  It does not steal coins.

Thanks for backing me up - I appreciate it!
leepsteer00

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:02:55 PM

You can also use screen.
Code:
screen ./ptsminer <address> <number of threads>

A noob question here. So I just have to enter the code above and end the session right?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: