Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96.4 release  (Read 728 times)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:33:15 AM
Merited by Carlton Banks (1)

links:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96.4
https://btcarmory.com/0.96.4-release/

changelog:

== Added ==
   - Updated fee estimate query from node to improve estimateSmartFee call introduced in Bitcoin Core 0.15.
   - The block confirmation target slider now spans from 2 to 100 blocks (previously 2 to 6).
   - You can now pick between 2 fee estimation profiles: conservative and economical. Refer to the estimateRawFee section of
     the Core 0.15 changelog for more information. A tooltip has been added to the GUI with a quick description.
   - If your node does not support the estimateSmartFee method, the code will fallback to the previous estimateFee method.
   - SegWit lockbox creation.
   - BCH lockbox spending.
   - Coin selection will now limit itself to change outputs when spending to external addresses you've spent to in the past.
   - You will receive a warning about privacy loss if coin selection fails to satisfy the previous condition.
   - Added the following CLI args:
      - Client side:
         --force-enable-segwit: when paired with --offline, allows the creation of SegWit types recipient addresses.
         --force-fcgi: forces the client to use FCGI socketing when connecting to a remote DB IP.
      - Server side:
         --listen-all: FCGI server will listen on :80 instead of 127.0.0.1:80

== Fixed ==
   - Fixed creating offline transactions that mix P2SH and P2PKH UTXOs.
   - Fixed importing wallets progress report and scan resolution in the GUI.
   - Fixed SegWit sighash data serialization with scripts of length > 256 bytes.
   - Fixed multiple RBF transaction bumping issues.
   - Fixed ledger based fee bumping.
   - Fixed RBF control dialog spawning.
   - Fixed node sync progress bar.
   - Fixed node status notification flicker during node sync.
   - Fixed fragment ID generation mismatching the fragment on backup when restoring non deterministic fragments. This fix only
     applies to fragments generated with versions 0.96.4 and later.
   - When in offline mode, the default signer option will now pick the proper signer for SegWit transactions.
   - Fixed --ram-usage control. --ram-usage=1 will no longer hang the DB during bootstrap scans.
   - As a result, --ram-usage defaults to 50 no instead of 4.
   - Fixed fee calculation when checking "MAX" with SegWit UTXOs
   - The Coin control dialog will no longer spawn invisible
   - When creating a fragmented backup, fragments will no longer be cycled unecessarily
   - Fixed imported address rendering in the Address Book dialog
   - The Transaction Info dialog will now display address comments in the comment field if there is no comment
     attached to the transaction itself
   - The Transaction Info dialog will now properly display fee/byte fee for unconfirmed transactions   
   - The main transaction ledger will now display comments attached to outgoing addresses for each relevant transaction
   - Fixed selecting an arbitrary wallet file in the Recovery Tool dialog.

== Removed ==
   - You cannot sign messages with P2SH addresses. This functionality never existed in Armory to begin with, as it
     did not produce single sig P2SH addresses prior to 0.96. It will be introduced in 0.97

== Minor ==
   - You can now resize the Transaction Info dialog.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:50:06 PM

Nice Smiley

Got 0.96.4 working well over here, massive thanks to droark and the mighty goatpig.

Vires in numeris
johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

Cannot install. There's a new libstdc++ >=7 dependancy and my system still uses version 6.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:48:16 PM
Merited by johnlu (2)

Use the gcc4.7 one then.

alomar

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:19:14 PM

quick question.  if i want to build from source in Ubuntu, which one of these do i download:

Source code (tar.gz)
armory_0.96.4_src.tar
Source code (zip)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6511

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 12:48:37 AM

quick question.  if i want to build from source in Ubuntu, which one of these do i download:

Source code (tar.gz)
armory_0.96.4_src.tar
Source code (zip)
Downlaod armory_0.96.4_src.tar. The other ones are automatically generated by Github and do not have all of the necessary components.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Very happy with how well 0.96.4 is working, can't fault it after testing it out for a few days.

Any news on 0.97? (features, not ETA Grin)

Vires in numeris
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:12:36 PM
Merited by johnlu (5), Carlton Banks (1)

Any news on 0.97? (features, not ETA Grin)

Bunch of stuff going on in the dev branch.

A lot of these changes are a result of a partnership I hold with an upcoming exchange. The most significant parts are:

1) Optimizing the DB to operate a c10k capable supernode (basically a chain explorer service).

2) In that same vain, swapping the server interface from FCGI to websockets.

3) Since I don't like the CA model SSL hinges upon, I'm having droark implement BIP151 for the client/server encryption layer. This is done in consultation with Core, and we're hoping the code will be accepted into Core when they're ready to work on this layer.

From the user perspective, these changes mostly result in better stability. BIP151 and websockets will improve privacy and quality of life for the few users who use remote DBs. For the stuff that's more immediately relevant to individual users there's:

1) new wallet format

2) BIP32 support

3) bech32 support

For .1-2, I also intent to swap out cryptopp in full for Jonas Schnelli's libbtc, which operates as a wrapper around the Core crypto libraries in Armory's use case.

There will be some work needed to accomodate the new wallet features in the GUI. I'd also like to use this opportunity to introduce an advanced filter feature for ledgers (some sort of pseudo regex), so that people can customize their ledgers without me having to hardcode a filter GUI for each scenario.

I would also like to leverage the new wallet code and its flexibility with meta data to introduce a new privacy feature, in which you can create and manage a list of vendors and voluntarily flag your payments to that vendor, to improve coin selection privacy.

As an example, assume you use BitPay vendors. You would add BitPay as a vendor to your wallet, and flag the addresses of theirs that you use while construction payment tx. This would allow the coin selection to prioritize change addresses you used with BitPay in the past, and warn you when you have to introduce an unrelated UTXO to meet your payment. I've noticed through my own usage that I often end up moving coins to the same handful of services, and the code is lacking the meta data that would otherwise minimize my coins exposure to these services.

There are other big items on the list, like hardware wallet support, blocks over p2p, common export formats like BIP39, py3/qt5, but these will most likely be for 0.98.

I also have a couple contacts at Lightning Labs and am looking to interface Armory with their daemon so that people can at least create, close and revoke LN channels in the future, with the understanding that most of the heavy lifting will be offloaded to their code. This would be either 0.98 or 0.99, and obviously optional.

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:48:42 AM

Hi, I am intended to buy Lefger Nano S. Is Armory backward compatible with that wallet? In other words, will Armory's  private+public keys  be equal to those of Ledger   if I put into Armory the seed from Lefger Nano S?
alomar

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:13:38 AM

Hi, I am intended to buy Lefger Nano S. Is Armory backward compatible with that wallet? In other words, will Armory's  private+public keys  be equal to those of Ledger   if I put into Armory the seed from Lefger Nano S?

No
skyhawk

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:44:10 PM

RBF gets much further than it used to, but I still can't RBF a transaction from a Watch-only wallet.

I get to the Sending from Wallet: / Enter Recipients: screen, and I can enter my details and click Continue, click Yes on the Insufficient Fee warning, and nothing happens - I'm back at the Wallet/Recipients screen, when I think I should be looking at the Review Offline Transaction screen to save it to my USB flash drive...

If I enter a huge fee to skip the Insufficient Fee warning, the Continue button just doesn't do anything - I can click it all day long.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:37:56 PM

RBF gets much further than it used to, but I still can't RBF a transaction from a Watch-only wallet.

I get to the Sending from Wallet: / Enter Recipients: screen, and I can enter my details and click Continue, click Yes on the Insufficient Fee warning, and nothing happens - I'm back at the Wallet/Recipients screen, when I think I should be looking at the Review Offline Transaction screen to save it to my USB flash drive...

If I enter a huge fee to skip the Insufficient Fee warning, the Continue button just doesn't do anything - I can click it all day long.

Need to see your armorylog.txt

alomar

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:35:41 PM

minor display bug in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:

https://imgur.com/Ei51l6i
naska21

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:56:00 PM

Hi, goatpig, I have upgraded my watch-only  wallet to the latest 0.96.4 release. But should I upgrade my cold one (v. 0.96.3) to be on the safe side (or I can leave it as it is)?
alomar

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:42:45 PM

Hi, goatpig, I have upgraded my watch-only  wallet to the latest 0.96.4 release. But should I upgrade my cold one (v. 0.96.3) to be on the safe side (or I can leave it as it is)?

leave it
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:42:49 PM

minor display bug in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:

https://imgur.com/Ei51l6i

I suspect that has more to do with Qt 4 than anything else. Qt 4 is unsupported at this point and is basically held together with gum as operating systems upgrade. Fingers crossed that this will be the year when Armory jumps from Python 2 and Qt4 to Python 3 and Qt 5. (The two are basically interconnected for Armory's purposes.) Work is ongoing but there aren't enough people helping out, unfortunately.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:50:04 PM

Hi, goatpig, I have upgraded my watch-only  wallet to the latest 0.96.4 release. But should I upgrade my cold one (v. 0.96.3) to be on the safe side (or I can leave it as it is)?

leave it

I think 0.96.4 is needed to fix a tx signing bug when spending segwit outputs:

changelog:

[snip]
== Fixed ==
   - Fixed creating offline transactions that mix P2SH and P2PKH UTXOs.
   - Fixed importing wallets progress report and scan resolution in the GUI.
   - Fixed SegWit sighash data serialization with scripts of length > 256 bytes.
[snip]

So having >= 0.96.4 as your offline signing software is necessary if you're using Segwit addresses.

Vires in numeris
naska21

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:55:42 AM

So having >= 0.96.4 as your offline signing software is necessary if you're using Segwit addresses.

Thnx,  it clarifies things.  I'm still not using Segwit addresses,  but there's no harm in planning ahead, right?   Hope all goes well if 0.96.4 will be installed a top of 0.96.3 i.e.  without uninstall of previous version.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:18:10 PM

Thnx,  it clarifies things.  I'm still not using Segwit addresses,  but there's no harm in planning ahead, right?   Hope all goes well if 0.96.4 will be installed a top of 0.96.3 i.e.  without uninstall of previous version.

If you don't intend to use segwit addresses any time soon, then it's probably not worth changing. It sounds as if the transaction signing functionality in Armory will be getting additional capabilities in the next version too (as there will be a new wallet format).

Vires in numeris
Cassiel

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:57:20 AM

Win64 version still defaults to incorrect install directory...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: