Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:28:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling good for Bitcoin, and how its affecting it?  (Read 471 times)
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:36:56 AM

Not all people holds bitcoin only the investors who hold bitcoins and many people using bitcoin as a payment like buying some things through online or they buying bitcoins to investing in ICO's so bitcoin still up and down prices. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:43:03 AM

Holding strategy is for us that has small capital,we hope to gain big profit when the price is reaching ATH.It's different story for whale,they can do day trading and gain big profit because of their big capital.So,it's unlikely that everyone will hold their bitcoin and don't forget that new investor will always come.

Indeed, I am in same thought with you. Not like whales, we only have small capital and we can not control and able to move market fluctuation. Its better hold it for long term because sometimes holding is best option if we have good coin. I am believe that time will pay us more
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2133

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 07:44:34 AM

Each person has his own price,
I mean when I HODL Bitcoin, I might be temped to sell it at $20K
Even more tempted at $50K
Surely will sell at $100K

Just example  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:47:57 AM

There needs to be more long term hodlers in order to stablise the price. All this volatility is giving bitcoin a bad reputation and will therefore not be adopted as a mainstream currency. This recently swing was huge and media interest has turned negative so this really needs to change.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:51:23 AM

Holding is good, at right amounts. If a lot of coins are removed from free-float in the form of long-term storage, then obviously the exchange rates will rise. That is going to make Bitcoin more attractive for the investors.
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:54:05 AM

strategy by holding it, maybe only for people who only have a small capital, they will survive because prices go down and wait until prices rise again, but not with people who have big money, they will definitely do daily trading to get big benefits .

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:27:20 AM

In most advice people can find that holding bitcoins is best choice, but is that really best for Bitcoin? I can't but ask my self, what would happen if we all would just hold our coins? Only answer that comes to my mind is, bubble would occur and bad things would happen.

I don't deny that so far holding has proven to be one of best ways of earning extra money, but bitcoin is made to be currency and not asset. So for strong and stable price we need constant flow, which mean constant transactions of buying and selling, not mostly buying and holding. So if we really wish for bitcoin to success in its goal, we must start using it more frequently (at least as much as we can). Number of holders must not be higher than number of "users".

What are you thoughts on the matter?
Holding is good for Bitcoin investors because if most people will hold, then the price will probably go up and investors will gain more money, but this makes Bitcoin an asset not a currency that it should be. If we are good at Bitcoin being an investment then it is good for Bitcoin but if we want Bitcoin to be a currency then holding is not good, imagine all people only use Bitcoin because they want to earn more money than using it for purchasing other things or function like a real currency. But the problem is there are still only few stores or services where you can use Bitcoin that is why people still mostly use it as an investment.
psycox

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

Correct. meamng not entirely spurred in investment. there are still many factors. but it is not wrong if you hold bitcoin. bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency
Eternu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:55:15 AM

I think the way you can talk about holding and make a correct statement is if you say "depending on your reasons to hold it can affect the future of bitcoin".
for instance some people are holding bitcoin just to dump it as soon as price goes up or they feel some panic creeping up their spine because of some FUD. obviously these people are holding for the wrong reasons and they are the ones preventing any advancement.
but there are also others who are holding bitcoin because they believe in the future of bitcoin as THE decentralized currency of the world. for them holding and not spending is because they don't have an alternative option since bitcoin is not yet accepted everywhere.
As long as there are people who truly support bitcoin by holding or otherwise, I guess bitcoin will continue on living and that is the most important thing. From your post and other, I have seen that my knowledge of economics is... scarce, and that I need to cover all the angles before I judge something. Also, I know that legalization of bitcoin is big problem, because people are not able to use bitcoin as a currency. For those people holding is the best and I guess only option.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 11:02:20 AM

I won't say that holding is a good thing for Bitcoin because the copper loss of your Bitcoin states that it is a payment system and using it for speculation is not a great idea. I am not against earning profit from speculation activities but I believe that we should give first priority to using it as a payment system and Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters spend their holdings. I try to hold 50% of funds and try to spend remaining 50% as I believe that Bitcoin will perform very well in the long run and to get the rewards for bearing the risk of early adoption make sense on the other hand. We don't have Bitcoin / Crypto friendly market environment as of now but I am optimistic about the coming decade which is going to shape the crypto industry for the whole century.
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:30:49 PM

If the majority of bitcoin holders store them in their purses, this will have a positive effect on their price and the bitcoin rate will rise. If large batches of bitcoins are periodically discarded on the market, as we could see in the example of Mt. Gox from Tokyo, who, they say, and knocked out the bitcoin course in December last year, having thrown three batches of bitcoins into the market for 6000-7000 bitcoins, its course will be lowered for a certain time, depending on the number of beatcoins thrown onto the market. In my opinion, we should not worry too much about the fact that people will keep their bitcoins. We should worry about not being sold massively, because the situations are different and people sometimes have unforeseen situations when money is urgently needed. Therefore vseravno bitcoins will be sold, but I would like it not to be strongly reflected in the decrease in the price of bitcoin.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:18:59 AM

Yes, Holding is good for bitcoin and it affect so much, because holding a bitcoin is a nice and the best strategy that we can do even it is simplest that we can do, we can get more profit by holding, because you just need to buy bitcoin in a low price and wait until the price of it increased.
Eternu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

I would like to thanks you all for clarifying me how Holding affect bitcoins price and why it could be good for it, or bad. This showed me how little I know about economics, and how some things actually work in crypto world. So once again Thank you all. To proven further spamming I will lock this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: