Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to Doing Your Own Research (DYOR) in Crypto  (Read 89 times)
cutenikky (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:15:56 PM

Today I’m writing about how to learn to do your own research. It might not be as obvious to some as it is to other. Enjoy.

There’s a common theme in the cryptocurrency community of people looking for handouts and not doing their own research.

But, on Twitter the other day, I was asked a serious question.

Someone asked, “How does a noob like me begin to research? What variables should I look at? Where do I look?”

I didn’t realize that some people might not know these things, as I have been a decent researcher even before getting involved in the cryptocurrency world.

Beginning to Research
When you start to research in the crypto realm, you need to be aware of specific tools. Here are a few I use regularly.

CoinMarketCap
Coin Market Cap (CMC) has a list of the top coins and the majority of their specs, including Market Cap, Supply, Exchange Listings, Websites, and more. If I am researching a new coin, this is usually where I start to get some basic information on it. This site is pretty reliable in my opinion.

2. CoinMarketCal

Coin Market Cal is basically a good site to learn about the events and news going on in the near future for specific coins. I like to browse this every few days to learn about anything new that might come up in the space.

Disclaimer: CoinMarketCal is not always 100% reliable. Always research more.

3. Reddit (r/Cryptocurrency)

While Reddit is also not the most reliable source of information, there are a lot of people having conversations about cryptocurrency and bitcoin on the site. There can be some good information on there, then there can also be complete trash. People like to spread their opinions around and are very vocal about this. Take everything with a grain of salt and only use what you find useful for building your own opinion of a coin/project.

Please, don’t just blindly follow some random dudes advice on the internet (this goes for Twitter too).

4. Google

Sad I have to say this, but yes, Google is your friend. When you’re looking for more info on a specific coin, search in google and see what you can find. I have no doubt there will be trash opinions when you search (just like everywhere else), but again, find what works for you and build your own opinion.

If you even have a basic question about crypto, just search it. I’m sure someone has asked it before and there are tons of answers.

5. Investopedia

Investopedia can be a great source when you are first starting out to learn basic investment terms. Sometimes it might feel like you’ve stepped into a whole new dimension, and you have. If you have specific questions about what something means, head there or ask google.

6. Trading View

Trading View can be a great place to watch other people chart different concept and practice TA when you begin to learn. It’s pretty much a social media platform specifically for charting stocks and cryptocurrencies. I’m a big fan.

7. Twitter

While Twitter is also very similar to Reddit (it’s filled with people’s opinions), it can also be a legit source of information if used properly. There are lots of awesome traders who share their wisdom and expertise for free. If you pick from their methods and use what work for you to build your own strategy, you can improve your ability to trade crypto.

Some of my favorite are:

CryptOrangutang
CryptoBirb
TheCryptoDog
BitcoinBravado
Crypto_Rand
There are a ton of great profiles, but there are some of my favorites. I’m probably missing a lot, but there guys are unbiased and a lot of them have great TA.

Read More ... https://medium.com/@CryptoShillNye/cryptocurrency-a-noobs-guide-to-doing-your-own-research-dyor-c96958cf74a8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrei Belmega

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:58:20 AM

Today I’m writing about how to learn to do your own research. It might not be as obvious to some as it is to other. Enjoy.

There’s a common theme in the cryptocurrency community of people looking for handouts and not doing their own research.

Someone asked, “How does a noob like me begin to research? What variables should I look at? Where do I look?”

I didn’t realize that some people might not know these things, as I have been a decent researcher even before getting involved in the cryptocurrency world.

Beginning to Research
When you start to research in the crypto realm, you need to be aware of specific tools. Here are a few I use regularly.

CoinMarketCap
Coin Market Cap (CMC) has a list of the top coins and the majority of their specs, including Market Cap, Supply, Exchange Listings, Websites, and more. If I am researching a new coin, this is usually where I start to get some basic information on it. This site is pretty reliable in my opinion.

2. CoinMarketCal

Coin Market Cal is basically a good site to learn about the events and news going on in the near future for specific coins. I like to browse this every few days to learn about anything new that might come up in the space.

While Reddit is also not the most reliable source of information, there are a lot of people having conversations about cryptocurrency and bitcoin on the site. There can be some good information on there, then there can also be complete trash. People like to spread their opinions around and are very vocal about this. Take everything with a grain of salt and only use what you find useful for building your own opinion of a coin/project.

Please, don’t just blindly follow some random dudes advice on the internet (this goes for Twitter too).

4. Google

Sad I have to say this, but yes, Google is your friend. When you’re looking for more info on a specific coin, search in google and see what you can find. I have no doubt there will be trash opinions when you search (just like everywhere else), but again, find what works for you and build your own opinion.

If you even have a basic question about crypto, just search it. I’m sure someone has asked it before and there are tons of answers.

5. Investopedia

Investopedia can be a great source when you are first starting out to learn basic investment terms. Sometimes it might feel like you’ve stepped into a whole new dimension, and you have. If you have specific questions about what something means, head there or ask google.

6. Trading View

Trading View can be a great place to watch other people chart different concept and practice TA when you begin to learn. It’s pretty much a social media platform specifically for charting stocks and cryptocurrencies. I’m a big fan.

7. Twitter

While Twitter is also very similar to Reddit (it’s filled with people’s opinions), it can also be a legit source of information if used properly. There are lots of awesome traders who share their wisdom and expertise for free. If you pick from their methods and use what work for you to build your own strategy, you can improve your ability to trade crypto.

Some of my favorite are:

CryptOrangutang
CryptoBirb
TheCryptoDog
BitcoinBravado
Crypto_Rand
There are a ton of great profiles, but there are some of my favorites. I’m probably missing a lot, but there guys are unbiased and a lot of them have great TA.

Read More ... https://medium.com/@CryptoShillNye/cryptocurrency-a-noobs-guide-to-doing-your-own-research-dyor-c96958cf74a8

Hello! I completely agree with u, cutenikky, but I would add to your list being part of a strong community of crypto enthusiasts. Try some Telegram groups, instead of watching some YouTube "experts". Wish u best of luck!
cutenikky (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:33:18 PM

Beginning to Research

CoinMarketCap

2. CoinMarketCal

4. Google

5. Investopedia

6. Trading View

7. Twitter

Some of my favorite are:

CryptOrangutang
CryptoBirb
TheCryptoDog
BitcoinBravado
Crypto_Rand

Hello! I completely agree with u, cutenikky, but I would add to your list being part of a strong community of crypto enthusiasts. Try some Telegram groups, instead of watching some YouTube "experts". Wish u best of luck!

Thank you for the addition. I totally agree
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:28:55 PM

While doing Research in Crypto, always try to read and understand each and every topic related to cryptocurrency. Join various crypto forums and participate in various discussions.
D3F4L7 RAT

Activity: 172
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

This forum is the root of all knowledge of cryptocurrency so it should be on your list. Yep, these are very helpful, you can use it as a reference when doing a research, reading is not enough to learn all these, you can also use youtube for a better visuals, it will make you learn faster.

Experience must also be included don't forget.
mcoulatta

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:26:16 AM

Also very beneficial if you spend the time to learn how to understand github and use the teams actual activity to understand some of the developments in the company
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: