Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Latest with Nvidia's Next Gen GPU?  (Read 209 times)
hous26 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:43:09 PM

Some people were speculating that Nvidia would have released its next gen GPU line by this time but that obviously hasnt happened.  Now, GPU's are largely back in stock across the board and I haven't heard a peep about the latest and greatest gpu's.  Are we still expecting new gpu's in 2018?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:00:37 PM

Just my opinion but the answer is no. Nvidia has no reason to stop Pascal. AMD Vega/Polaris does not compare except on price/preference. If AMD does bring something out Nvidia will respond with the better architecture

bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:27:59 PM

Just my opinion but the answer is no. Nvidia has no reason to stop Pascal. AMD Vega/Polaris does not compare except on price/preference. If AMD does bring something out Nvidia will respond with the better architecture

I can tell you right now that you're 100% wrong about that.  Nvidia might not have much competition from AMD right now but that really doesn't matter all that much because
(a) they already have their next series of chips - which they've already invested a lot of money into - being fabbed and packaged as we speak, and
(b) the number of potential new sales drops every day that there isn't a newer/better product on the market.  Those that have already bought current gen products are much less likely to buy from the same product stack than they are to open their wallets for the next gen products, and those that might be considering upgrading from previous generations but haven't already done so are more likely to bite when presented with the newest and greatest.

Keep in mind that although mining sales have greatly increased, they can't afford to alienate their core gaming and business customer bases just to milk the fickle mining crowd.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:30:44 PM

Yes of course, they will release later this year around Q3 I think. Amd won't release anything new except rebranded rx series.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

I can tell you right now that you're 100% wrong about that.  Nvidia might not have much competition from AMD right now but that really doesn't matter all that much because
(a) they already have their next series of chips - which they've already invested a lot of money into - being fabbed and packaged as we speak, and
(b) the number of potential new sales drops every day that there isn't a newer/better product on the market.  Those that have already bought current gen products are much less likely to buy from the same product stack than they are to open their wallets for the next gen products, and those that might be considering upgrading from previous generations but haven't already done so are more likely to bite when presented with the newest and greatest.

Keep in mind that although mining sales have greatly increased, they can't afford to alienate their core gaming and business customer bases just to milk the fickle mining crowd.
AMD will only release rebranded rx series this year. Those "fabbed and packaged" gpu are rx X-series which is just rebranding.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3268307/components-graphics/amd-radeon-rx-500x-series-graphics-gpu.html
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:45:50 PM

AMD will only release rebranded rx series this year. Those "fabbed and packaged" gpu are rx X-series which is just rebranding.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3268307/components-graphics/amd-radeon-rx-500x-series-graphics-gpu.html

I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about Nvidia since that's what the whole thread is about.
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:35:49 AM

Probably Q3 2018
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvidia-volta-gpu-specifications

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: