Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:13:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty manager trust rating  (Read 240 times)
humantraffic (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 42

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:03:43 PM

Hello everyone!

I understand that many do not like the theme of bounty on the forum. But bounty campaigns are an integral part of this forum. Many forum participants become managers of bounty campaigns. Some of them begin to look down to members of the bounty campaigns, someone works alone, others create whole teams. Every manager/team has its own feature. On this so that a person who decides to participate in the bounty, must know in advance the features of the introduction of the manager.
I propose to introduce an internal rating of the forum manager with feedback on the similarity of the trust system. For objectivity, this rating will be available only to three ranks: Sr. Member, Hero, Legendary. Sr. Member can raise or lower the rating by 0,5, Hero ± 1 and Legendary ± 1,5.
I think this rating will improve mutual understanding between managers and participants.
What do you think about this?

Kind Regards.

Not native English

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:15:34 PM

Bounty campaigns/signature campaigns shouldn't determine the forum. I would disagree that bounties are an integral part of the forum. It's great that they are making people money and making their life better, but the forum quality has paid. I would agree that bounties need to have restrictions, but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go about it.

I was initially against hilariousandco's suggested of paid signatures, but I see it as the only solution to end this epidemic.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 09:07:32 AM

What do you think about this?
IMO, it's an "unnecessary use of resources":
- If someone (a neutral person) can maintain a similar thread to these (and add some sort of a rating), then there will be no need for such thing (internal rating system for managers):

List of Best Campaign Managers in BCT
Overview of Bitcointalk Signature Campaign managers [Last update: 10-Jan-2016]
Overview of Bitcointalk Campaign managers [Last update: 1-March-2016]

I would agree that bounties need to have restrictions, but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go about it.
I think you misunderstood his/her proposal (he/she proposed in adding an "internal rating system for managers" and only allowing Sr. members and above to rate):

I propose to introduce an internal rating of the forum manager with feedback on the similarity of the trust system. For objectivity, this rating will be available only to three ranks: Sr. Member, Hero, Legendary.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:46:22 PM

Would people choose the bounty based on the trust rating? I doubt so, people check hype, team and mature bounty hunters research about the project first. I see BMs with a negative trust and still running the bounty campaign. They are probably connected with the team or simply doing an excellent job despite the trust. Funny though they only accepting people without a negative trust in the campaign, clearly a double standard.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 05:39:35 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 05:53:13 PM by finaleshot2016

Would people choose the bounty based on the trust rating? I doubt so, people check hype, team and mature bounty hunters research about the project first. I see BMs with a negative trust and still running the bounty campaign. They are probably connected with the team or simply doing an excellent job despite the trust. Funny though they only accepting people without a negative trust in the campaign, clearly a double standard.

I definitely agree to you, why should we based on trust rating, seriously? as of now there are massive scams today. The reason why, there are known bounty manager being paid by some ICO to post their promising scam project. Some of them have +trust but doing some fishy things without us knowing it. There are talks behind the devs and the managers. Therefore, it's hard to trust ICO now, it's a full of scam.

Green thingy are just designs, there are also high rank members with huge number of trust are being paid to create fud and accusations to the opponent project. So now if there is someone who disagree about this tell me something that proves i'm wrong.

Note: im not referring all ICO are scam, there are great ICO that has a true goal.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:40:40 PM

I propose to introduce an internal rating of the forum manager with feedback on the similarity of the trust system. For objectivity, this rating will be available only to three ranks: Sr. Member, Hero, Legendary.
I understood and disagree that this would benefit. The trust system is already in place for this kind of thing and I'll say it again bounty campaigns/signature campaigns shouldn't determine the forum. The trust system can be used for identifying bad/good bounty managers. The way I see it is if a campaign manager isn't doing their job like they are promising to their clients then they aren't trustworthy. They are basically receiving Bitcoin or what ever for doing nothing.

I may have gone on a little rant, but that's because it's a huge problem and people seem to think that the forum should be accommodating for the campaigns rather than the other way around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: