Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you believe there are covert special interest operatives in the community?
yes - 21 (84%)
no - 1 (4%)
booo! - 1 (4%)
run scooby run - 2 (8%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: spooks  (Read 1403 times)
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:15:32 AM

Just something to keep in mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:41:02 AM

They are here, but observing only.
nlovric

Activity: 336
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:28:48 AM

Believe is the wrong term as it means that one believes another plus it's kind of used to indicate disbelief in what is asked about; the correct terms would be think etc.
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 12:21:52 PM

Believe is the wrong term as it means that one believes another plus it's kind of used to indicate disbelief in what is asked about; the correct terms would be think etc.

No.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:29:50 PM

They're not exactly covert are they? On the one hand you have government loyalists coming over here and ranting at us about how we should pay our taxes and thank intelligence agencies who spy on us and then you have the Bitcoin Foundation which claims to represent us but is really just a private club of paid elitists who are cosying up to the United States government in particular in the hopes of benefiting as our unelected diplomats despite the fact that the U.S government has shown to be about as anti-cryptocurrency as people come.
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:41:21 PM

They're not exactly covert are they? On the one hand you have government loyalists coming over here and ranting at us about how we should pay our taxes and thank intelligence agencies who spy on us and then you have the Bitcoin Foundation which claims to represent us but is really just a private club of paid elitists who are cosying up to the United States government in particular in the hopes of benefiting as our unelected diplomats despite the fact that the U.S government has shown to be about as anti-cryptocurrency as people come.

Isn't there a hearing between the Bitcoin Foundation and Homeland Security going on today?
bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:07:02 PM

Yes I do. Its not that hard to search forums and looks for points of interest....
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:42:32 AM

It's not debatable.  There are spooks here.  Lots of them.  They've been here for a long time.  And they are sloppy as fuck, as usual:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10635.msg157209#msg157209

The only question is, how many of the Bitcoin "leaders" are government agents of one sort or another.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:25:13 AM

A real covert agent will be well educated, intelligent and attempt to insinuate themselves at the top of the power hierarchy.

You won't spot them because they'll blend right in.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:57:06 AM

Wow - I am the only one voting no.

Might I point out to my paranoid friends that (1) the entire forum archive can be browsed and (2) nothing important happens here.  Governments do use sock puppets but it would be a waste of time to have one here.

And yes - I do get the irony that some twat will announce that this post means I am a sock puppet.  Tongue 
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 02:31:05 PM

Might I point out to my paranoid friends that (1) the entire forum archive can be browsed and (2) nothing important happens here.  Governments do use sock puppets but it would be a waste of time to have one here.

And yes - I do get the irony that some twat will announce that this post means I am a sock puppet.  Tongue 

didn't some post here help agents track down a fictional pirate recently...
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:18:52 PM

Nah.  We don't know how he was actually found.  There was a leaked detail about a stackexchange posting but that struck me as a distraction.  For me, the fact that he hired an udercover cop to kill someone that threatened Silk Road was probably a big factor in his being identified as DPR.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:06:53 PM

Might I point out to my paranoid friends that (1) the entire forum archive can be browsed and (2) nothing important happens here.  Governments do use sock puppets but it would be a waste of time to have one here.

And yes - I do get the irony that some twat will announce that this post means I am a sock puppet.  Tongue  

Nah.  We don't know how he was actually found.  There was a leaked detail about a stackexchange posting but that struck me as a distraction.  For me, the fact that he hired an udercover cop to kill someone that threatened Silk Road was probably a big factor in his being identified as DPR.

interesting
where did you get that info?
it sounds a little bit far-fetched to me  Undecided

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:12:00 PM

Between Pirate and DPR, forum screenshots have appeared multiple times in court dockets. I don't think there are a bunch of government agents on the forum telling people to pay taxes, but governments, in some form, obviously look around the forum from time to time (or at least use sent screenshots as evidence).

They (FBI in particular) have a habit of discovering and contacting people in the community who are fairly private. Whether that's from being on the forum or somewhere else, it seems pretty plausible they've infiltrated the Bitcoin community to some degree, but probably only to get information on certain people.
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:43:40 AM

They are here watching your every step.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:39:56 AM

Might I point out to my paranoid friends that (1) the entire forum archive can be browsed and (2) nothing important happens here.  Governments do use sock puppets but it would be a waste of time to have one here.

And yes - I do get the irony that some twat will announce that this post means I am a sock puppet.  Tongue  

Nah.  We don't know how he was actually found.  There was a leaked detail about a stackexchange posting but that struck me as a distraction.  For me, the fact that he hired an udercover cop to kill someone that threatened Silk Road was probably a big factor in his being identified as DPR.

interesting
where did you get that info?
it sounds a little bit far-fetched to me  Undecided

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/11/feds-hit-silk-road-suspect-ulbricht-with-4-new-murder-for-hire-charges/

The guy was willing to order torture and killing.  He was also willing to record it in his diary.  Dreadful combination.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:38:26 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 05:52:12 PM by Spendulus

They are here watching your every step.
If they here and they got smarts, they got in and bought some coin.  

if they not smart, they will be around pulling that civil service paycheck. 

Reporting to Fuhrer Obama on za bitcoin! 

Heil!

LOL...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:01:22 PM

Hello, SOCK PUPPET.  Let me correct your comments.

A) Nothing important happens here.

WHAT BETTER PLACE FOR THE AGENTS TO LURK? 

They must be diligent and focused and work hard to find things where there is nothing.  You see, the appearance of nothing where all those crypto hackers lurk is proof they hiding something.  Something big.

IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME TO HAVE ONE HERE? 

Za!  Ve must have dozens!  Waste of time is important for budget cycle!  Hundreds!  The collective effort will prevail.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:06:15 PM

Hello, SOCK PUPPET.  Let me correct your comments.

A) Nothing important happens here.

WHAT BETTER PLACE FOR THE AGENTS TO LURK? 

They must be diligent and focused and work hard to find things where there is nothing.  You see, the appearance of nothing where all those crypto hackers lurk is proof they hiding something.  Something big.

IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME TO HAVE ONE HERE? 

Za!  Ve must have dozens!  Waste of time is important for budget cycle!  Hundreds!  The collective effort will prevail.

Hmmm.  I must admit, until reading your post I had not considered the possibility that Russian spooks are camped out here.
MaxwellsDemon

Activity: 187
Merit: 109

Converting information into power since 1867

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:32:47 PM

I was actually sent here to post on behalf of the CIA.
Unfortunately I had to resign since they refused to pay my salary in Bitcoin  Grin

We're hunting for Leviathan, and Bitcoin is our harpoon.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:17:06 PM

I was actually sent here to post on behalf of the CIA.
Unfortunately I had to resign since they refused to pay my salary in Bitcoin  Grin
YA!  I vas Spook in good days!  1980s.  Days of evil empire.

Today just nobody.

Is said - "nobody is perfect!"

I perfect.

nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:32:17 AM

I think there are lots of them , browsing through and reading all this stuff sends at least 4 -5 of them to a mental institute each month I would guess.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:42:10 PM

Bro, I had this feeling when you started going against anarchy so consistently.  Along with the jokes about calling the police because the government is corrupt, that's a good one.

Hawker, Vod, deisik, there's a good bit on here and have been for a while.

How much do you all get paid?  Is it worth leaving a negative legacy behind as your life, for money?  When you can have everything and anything you imagine in the afterlife?

We will all find out who they are when we die.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
supernovax

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:07:20 PM

I never got into Spooks, but I feel your pain- I was never the same after the X-files finished. I hope you discover another meaningless yet pleasurable way to waste your evenings before too long.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: