Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX: Incompetence or Fraud??  (Read 1923 times)
AgeraS (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:56:04 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 09:38:40 PM by AgeraS

Below is my experience with CampBX and why I suggest you look elsewhere when opening an account.

I opened an account on the 19th of August and emailed my KYC docs to their compliance department as per their instructions.

I mailed a check to CampBX in anticipation of my account being verified.

In the meantime I received this email from them regarding account verification.

CampBX cashed my check on the 11th of September.

On the 12th of September when I noticed that my bank account had been debited I checked my CampBX account and they had still not credited my account nor had they verified my account. At this point it had been 18 business days since I sent my KYC docs. At that point I figured that I would wait a few more days to see if my account would be credited and my account verified.

I ended up waiting an additional week for any funds to show live on my account, and when they did it was only $1,000. At this point it had been one month since I had sent the KYC docs and my account was still not verified.

At this point I became very worried about the situation and I emailed the following to CampBX's support.

I then received this generic email response on the 1st of October from CampBX's support.

By this time I was extremely upset and sent CampBX's support the following email.

Additionally on the 1st of October but after I sent the above email, I received another $1,000 of the $10,000 dollars I sent CampBX. Meaning, after 43 days CampBX had credited my account 20% of my funds... not forgetting the price in BTC changing...

While I sat waiting for an official response from their support staff my account was credited twice more. Meaning, after 56 days CampBX had credited my account 40% of my funds, had not verified my account and nor had they actually responded in any meaningful manner.  

By the 64th day I was pissed off and decided to switch email address and opened a new helpdesk ticket.

Now here I am, October 24th, the 65th day since I sent CampBX $10,000, my KYC docs and I have only received 40% of my money sent. They have still not verified my account nor have they made any attempt to contact me to resolve this problem.

As the title to this thread states, "Incompetence or Fraud?" In my opinion, with the information that I have and my experience in dealing with CampBX, they are Incompetent.

[EDIT] After creating this post I received a response for the first time in two months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:11:20 AM

I've been waiting a couple of weeks now for a check I sent them to be credited to my account. The funds have been deducted from my bank account already.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
AgeraS (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:26:08 AM

I've been waiting a couple of weeks now for a check I sent them to be credited to my account. The funds have been deducted from my bank account already.

Relative to my experience consider yourself lucky if your get your funds two weeks from now.

I wonder how wide spread this is amongst CampBX users. 
go1111111

Activity: 187
Merit: 162

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:51:21 PM

I remember it taking about 10 business days to get my account confirmed initially, a couple months ago, but I was using Dwolla at the time. I'm glad I chose to wire money to Bitstamp instead of write a check to CampBX last week.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:56:29 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 08:10:48 PM by Walsoraj

It is not incompetence or fraud. Just poor service, which should have been expected by prospective traders given the regulatory environment.

*edit*

and given Keyur's response, probably not even poor service.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:08:54 PM

AgeraS,

Several issues with your deposit and KYC:

1) Your check did not have any username written on it
2) The email address you provided on the check was incomplete
3) Your initial KYC application may have been incomplete or not upto quality guideline requirements, so your account was not verified. 
4) Your subsequent verification requests have come to the helpdesk - they cannot work with sensitive documents and cannot help with KYC.  I have forwarded your new documents to compliance for processing.

These four issues have delayed your resolution.

Thank you.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:13:58 PM

It is not incompetence or fraud. Just poor service, which should have been expected by prospective traders given the regulatory environment.

*edit*

and given Keyur's response, probably not even poor service.

+1

Oh yeah, and only dumb morons threaten to bring lawyers in for 10k, nobody buys that bullshit.
Going to court would probably cost you five times that amount in lawyer fees.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:50:47 PM

AgeraS,

3) Your initial KYC application may have been incomplete or not upto quality guideline requirements, so your account was not verified.  
4) Your subsequent verification requests have come to the helpdesk - they cannot work with sensitive documents and cannot help with KYC.  I have forwarded your new documents to compliance for processing.

Thank you.

LOL. After two months they finally get around to responding to you in a forum thread! That's not poor service. That's incompetence.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
AgeraS (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:39:34 PM

AgeraS,

4) Your subsequent verification requests have come to the helpdesk - they cannot work with sensitive documents and cannot help with KYC.  I have forwarded your new documents to compliance for processing.

Thank you.

See the [EDIT] in the OP.
AgeraS (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:40:18 PM

AgeraS,

4) Your subsequent verification requests have come to the helpdesk - they cannot work with sensitive documents and cannot help with KYC.  I have forwarded your new documents to compliance for processing.

Thank you.

LOL. After two months they finally get around to responding to you in a forum thread! That's not poor service. That's incompetence.

+1
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 01:44:38 AM

After opening two tickets I finally received a one line response from CampBx saying that they hold the check for 5 days prior to applying the credit to my CampBx account (they however did not confirm they had received my check or anything). So hopefully all is well, but funding sure is slow.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
AgeraS (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:03:11 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 07:13:50 PM by AgeraS

Okay, so maybe they have an excuse for that one ticket but it clearly states in their generic response that, "When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies." I kept the ticket ID exactly as they sent it to me, but I guess they keep track of replies by name and not by subject ticket ID... Perhaps they should change their generic response to say, "...make sure your email address has the same name as the name on your CampBX account because we don't keep track of our helpdesk tickets by their ticket ID."

Also, their site clearly states that it takes between 2 and 5 days to process KYC docs; if there was a problem with my docs should it really require over two months, opening 3 helpdesk tickets and posting on a public forum for them to tell my for the first time, "Your initial KYC application may have been incomplete or not upto quality guideline requirements...?"

[Edit] They require your CampBX username when starting a ticket; I guess they can't track tickets by your CampBX username even though they require it...

FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 01:55:14 AM by FullLife

AgeraS, you basically made every mistake that's possible and you're wondering why it's taking so long?  Seriously?

On a side note, how many CampBX threads are you planning on creating?
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:09:57 AM

And why are you guys actively discouraging Non-US traders?
Does "English / Latin script" mean i have to spend a few hundred bucks if its Latin but not English but address clearly visible?
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

AgeraS, you basically made every mistake that's possible and you're wondering why it's taking so long?  Seriously?

I'm pretty sure he did this on purpose.  He literally did EVERY THING WRONG.

What did he expect?  Seriously.

GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:02:22 PM

AgeraS, you basically made every mistake that's possible and you're wondering why it's taking so long?  Seriously?

What mistakes would those be? BX is clearly showing incompetence.

While I have had decent experiences with them in the past, their latest  activity has me second thinking any further business.  But hey, it seems shitty service and incompetence is the status quo of anything related to bitcoin.  Keep it up everyone, not like these things hurt the credibility of bitcoin or anything.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:51:07 PM

While I have had decent experiences with them in the past, their latest  activity has me second thinking any further business.  But hey, it seems shitty service and incompetence is the status quo of anything related to bitcoin.  Keep it up everyone, not like these things hurt the credibility of bitcoin or anything.

Don't forget to pick up your "haters & whiners club" membership card on the way out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: