Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing a cryptoexchange, thinking about an ICO.  (Read 115 times)
SBMiner (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

Hello,

we are 3 friends who are working as developers for one of the biggest fiat <-> bitcoin exchanges in Europe.
As a side project in our spare time we are developing a crypto <-> crypto exchange (not dealing with fiat at all).

We have an MVP, but we don't have the time or resources to continue development, not to mention launch the product,
so we are thinking about an ICO (token for reduced fees, i.e., Binance style).

I would like to ask where can we find marketing firms that promote ICOs, only ones with PROVEN results that helped fund >5 million USD ICOs.
We would like to find a suitable firm for each of the following markets/audiences:
- Korean
- Chinese*
- Japanese
- International (English)
- Russian

*We know there's an ICO ban in China, does it mean that even foreign companies cannot advertise ICOs there?
If we allow Chinese citizen to invest in the ICO, will we be subject to any real sanctions from the Chinese government,
if none of us ever intends to set foot in China?

Any advice is appreciated.

P.S.
To everyone who wonders, yes, we discussed this with a couple of private investors and VCs, but they all want too big a piece of the pie and we don't want to be diluted out of our own work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TweetBirds

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:20:32 PM

Does the side project exchange have any features planned which are any different than most other exchanges?
SBMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:10:12 PM

Apart from being significantly more user-friendly, responsive, robust, reliable, and secure than the vast majority of exchanges outside the top 10 by volume, not really.
We are not trying nor claiming to reinvent the wheel.The exchange scene cannot really be saturated.
As long as you add liquidity to the markets and keep users funds safe, traders will generate enough volume.

We ARE working on a very unique game changer feature in the field of crypto in terms of user fund safety, but it's in a very early stage we're not sure
when and how it will come to be, and since we are not the kind of people to make empty promises, we are not including it in our whitepaper.
xeqoRameshAxueamExaqana

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:26:41 PM

Hello,

we are 3 friends who are working as developers for one of the biggest fiat <-> bitcoin exchanges in Europe.
As a side project in our spare time we are developing a crypto <-> crypto exchange (not dealing with fiat at all).

We have an MVP, but we don't have the time or resources to continue development, not to mention launch the product,
so we are thinking about an ICO (token for reduced fees, i.e., Binance style).

I would like to ask where can we find marketing firms that promote ICOs, only ones with PROVEN results that helped fund >5 million USD ICOs.
We would like to find a suitable firm for each of the following markets/audiences:
- Korean
- Chinese*
- Japanese
- International (English)
- Russian

*We know there's an ICO ban in China, does it mean that even foreign companies cannot advertise ICOs there?
If we allow Chinese citizen to invest in the ICO, will we be subject to any real sanctions from the Chinese government,
if none of us ever intends to set foot in China?

Any advice is appreciated.

P.S.
To everyone who wonders, yes, we discussed this with a couple of private investors and VCs, but they all want too big a piece of the pie and we don't want to be diluted out of our own work.

china not support ico
and all exchanger from china leave from china and replace office
so if youre target in china market is not good

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mkumar76

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:12:00 AM

Does the side project exchange have any features planned which are any different than most other exchanges?

good point .
can you explain your project how it will be different from already existing exchanges like binance , bitfinex , kucoin or DEX like idex , cobinhood ?

also binance working on own DEX so more competition .
so if you are coming with same idea without any new thought then many exchanges ICOs were not that successful .
also new exchanges are struggling to get traders .
SBMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:41:26 AM

china not support ico

This doesn't answer my questions.
My questions were:
1. Can the Chinese government DO anything to an exchange outside China?
2. Can the government effectively prevent marketing of a foreign ICO in the crypto scene there?

We already know there's an ICO ban in China, but I have no doubts thousands of Chinese have crypto and are actively trading and investing crypto despite the fact it is forbidden.
The whole point of crypto is being censorship resistant.

SBMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:07:44 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 08:41:55 AM by SBMiner

good point .
can you explain your project how it will be different from already existing exchanges like binance , bitfinex , kucoin or DEX like idex , cobinhood ?

also binance working on own DEX so more competition .
so if you are coming with same idea without any new thought then many exchanges ICOs were not that successful .
also new exchanges are struggling to get traders .

As I had already answered @TweetBirds, it will not be much different than many exchanges in the top 10, like the ones you mentioned.
However it will be superior in almost every way to most exchanges outside that group.

I will say again, competition in the crypto exchange landscape, is not the same as competition in other businesses.
Most exchanges have accounts in other exchanges, most serious traders have bots on +10 exchanges.

This is very evident by many exchanges that are complete garbage in both UI, security, and reliability and still have +20 millions daily trade volume.
Some of these resemble a second year student school project.
We can do better, we have good people on our team and the technical and regulatory things under control.
We are mostly looking for good partners to the business side of things.

I would be grateful if you can give me some names of trading platforms ICOs that failed.

Ah, and Binance is working on a DEX, sure.
If you think it will launch in less than a couple of years and will do everything they say it will do,
You are in for a disappointment.

trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:44:52 PM

china not support ico

This doesn't answer my questions.
My questions were:
1. Can the Chinese government DO anything to an exchange outside China?
2. Can the government effectively prevent marketing of a foreign ICO in the crypto scene there?

We already know there's an ICO ban in China, but I have no doubts thousands of Chinese have crypto and are actively trading and investing crypto despite the fact it is forbidden.
The whole point of crypto is being censorship resistant.

This is just my opinion, to answer your question should do some research for valid answering. Anyhow, I do not believe if Chinese government CAN do anything to someone of not their citizen outside of China legally.
Just my suggestion, it will be better to see the law of Crypto ban applied even seems necessary to translate the language and letters to your language at least English. This way will much ensure the validity of the answer to your question.
MD101

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:21:22 PM

Do bounty program and please put alot of allocation in it, real money would be nice. Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: