Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to stop minecraft server.  (Read 4204 times)
bythesea

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:02:32 PM

Ok can explain why should we do it, rather then giving link to petition and asking us to sign if we wish....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:04:16 PM

That's one of the stupidest petitions I've ever heard of.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:26:58 PM

wow
omg
children might earn money online, what will we do? Cheesy

they're not forced to do it so it's not exploitation, they do it because it's fun for them Smiley

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:26:50 PM

It ruins the spirit of Mojang. A game developer that seems non profit.

Are you high?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:57:15 PM

Although, this thread seems like revenge. OP, look I couldn't imagine you could earn much from this Minecraft server even if you played every minute of the day. So try to take that into account and stop trying to make Sgt who is a reputable member of the forum have a bad name. Maybe, you should go and talk to them and ask them to be polite whilst being polite yourself.
AuroraHF

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:00:53 PM

I don't get it, what is MinecraftCC in the first place? Sites aren't loading for me.

lmao
nimda

Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:15:01 PM

> Children who earn money might use it to buy drugs

What?
AuroraHF

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:23:15 PM

What?

Not to mention fund terrorism, we got to close this down right now!1!one!

lmao
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:30:27 PM

How they get 100$ a day,to play that game for BTC?
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:33:23 PM

This thread is ridiculous.

Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:21:35 AM

This thread is ridiculous.
+1

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:24:14 PM

What?

and even worse, they could buy a new phone and support the economy with that money!!
burn down the minecraft babylon Cheesy

niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

What?

and even worse, they could buy a new phone and support the economy with that money!!
burn down the minecraft babylon Cheesy

+1
bmlzootown

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:58:10 AM

Quote from: i545318
*Insert multiple rant-like posts here [in which I'm responding to].*

• The server is definitely NOT a ponzi scheme. None of the money that's donated is used as payouts. As I understand it, the money donated goes toward the upkeep of the server. I've been on the MinecraftCC server and forum since March 2013 and I have received every payout that I have earned.
  • No, the server does not use your computer to mine bitcoins. Not once has my computer acted any different on this server than it has on any other minecraft server. Maybe your computer was having a bad day. It may even be that Minecraft takes more resources to run, resulting in your computer having to work harder.
  • Also, why bring drugs into the conversation? People of any age can use almost any currency to obtain drugs. Next time you pay a kid to rake your yard or to mow your lawn, think about that. You may be paying for his/her drugs. As long as there are drugs available to them (legal or illegal), people will buy them.
  • As for the .02 btc limit per week. That's the cap that Sgt set in place so that he can make the bitcoin payouts last longer. All of this can be seen on the forums and is visible whether you can login or not. The bitcoin payouts attract new people to the server and they are what initially attracted me to the server as well (although I mainly stick around now because of the community).
  • What do you have against children being able to earn money anyway? Maybe instead of asking mommy and daddy for stuff, they can now 'work' to earn what they desire on their own. I feel that it could teach them to be more financially responsible to be honest. The truth of the matter is, however, that minecraft isn't just a game geared toward children. I know a great majority of players ranging from their teens on up into their 40s that play minecraft. Besides, so what if some children are capable of making money? More power to them... Just wish I could have done the same at their age.
  • Assuming you did something against the rules (resulting in a permanent ban), I don't see why you would expect to get a payout. Only rule abiding players receive such a perk. And that is what the payouts are, a perk. In no way, shape, or form are the payouts a right, and as such, it can be taken away if you abuse the server and the people who play there.
  • As for the forum, there has been issues recently getting everything sorted out do to spam bots I believe. Sgt is currently working on that.
  • And please, be respectful. Calling someone a 'chimp' as you did is, in my opinion, very disrespectful. Name calling is for children. As for how much you have been offered for your account in the past... That could have been back when bitcoin was worth virtually nothing for all we know, and it is otherwise irrelevant to this thread.

And as always, if you don't like the server, a quick Google search can help you find a new one. Have fun and stay safe... Never know when some scammer might try to get you. *sarcasm*  Roll Eyes
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:22:17 PM

The thread and the petition seem more like ADs.

In reality, This server DOES SUCK!!!
The server has no value outside the BTC.
The community/# of blocks makes this server entirerly worthless.
bmlzootown

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:04:12 AM

The thread and the petition seem more like ADs.

In reality, This server DOES SUCK!!!
The server has no value outside the BTC.
The community/# of blocks makes this server entirerly worthless.

And that is your opinion. My point is this: There are people who enjoy it and it isn't a scam. There is no reason in this petition/thread when the creator of these posts only made them because he was upset that he got caught breaking the server rules, therefore not getting a payout.

I assume that you feel this way because you were banned as well?
The server does have value outside of BTC though... As I've said before, some of us stay because of the community. I really have made friends here, as I'm sure you could have as well.
On that note, how does the community make the server worthless? If anything, it adds even more value than BTC does. I don't quite understand your reasoning here as most everyone has been more than welcoming...
7Priest7

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:21:55 AM

I assume that you feel this way because you were banned as well?

Nope, I could enter anytime(same ign as here)

The community was rude with little to no reason,
I would not endure the verbal abuse for 1,000 btc.

The worlds are on their 6th wipe now(?) with another coming up,
any merit in building?
It lacks the players for hunger games,
so no fast paced fun.

What value does the server have besides the slave labor wage of btc?
bmlzootown

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:11:38 AM

How was the community rude? You speak of verbal abuse yet you provide no example as a basis for such an attack. For all I know, it could have been one person who upset you, and now you're assuming that the entire community acts the same way because of one person. There's bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch, but everyone shouldn't be judged based on the character of a few.

The world reset has to do with the 1.7.* update (with new biomes) and the fact that people like traveling farther out, causing the file size of the maps to increase rapidly. The more chunks that have been loaded, the larger the map. Along with the update, the Survival Games maps will be retired as they aren't as popular these days anyway. And besides, the fact that there is even a need for a map to be reset just goes to show that the server is obviously in good standing with quite a few players. Needing a map reset, in my opinion, is a sign that the players are quickly building new things and what not, and that the maps need to be reset because we need space for new players to build. Yes, the maps are virtually infinite, but hard drive space isn't (let alone the ability for one server to load such a large file in a way that it is even playable).

Both a community and a server's quality are based on more than just 'fast paced fun'. If this is what you were looking for, why not go on a server where the main idea is to have this type of play (aka, a dedicated hunger games server)? To say this server sucks because it doesn't meet your personal qualifications is well within your rights as it is your opinion, but, in my opinion, it makes me feel like you're being childish. I'd much rather see a list of pros and cons that would allow the server/community to better themselves rather than such blatant argument in which you merely aim to attack us. You say the server has no value outside of BTC and that the community is worthless. Why then am I sitting here responding to your negative criticism, trying to explain that the server does have value? Just because you had a bad experience does not necessarily mean that the server and community are worthless. It's your opinion and you can have it, but that doesn't mean that you should say such negative things, especially without any evidence to backup your argument.

The main idea of this server, as viewed by many of the members, is not for you to get paid... It's for you to have fun playing Minecraft, with an added perk (BTC). The "slave labor wage of btc" is a bonus; it is nothing more. To expect anything other than that would be absurd. The payouts aren't meant to pay your bills and sustain your way of life, they're meant to be a way of enticing new people to join the server, and to make more people aware of BTC in general. So, how does the server have such little value then? As a member of the bitcoin community, I would have thought that you would be proud that people are trying to make others out there more aware of BTC. I guess I was wrong?
7Priest7

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:07:08 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 05:49:27 AM by 7Priest7

I'd much rather see a list of pros and cons that would allow the server/community to better themselves rather than such blatant argument in which you merely aim to attack us..
Cons:
FREQUENT server reboots
No anti-grief for free players.
No tp/tpa/warp creation for free users.
No economy.
Lag spikes.
Very opressive rules that are not enforced equally.
Most of the community is rude. (Obviously your experience has been better, pm me if you really want/need some screenshots)
No fun mini games/lack of players who wanna play em.
Frequent server wipes(due to linear mining, not built on chunks)
No ability to ignore global chat.

Pros:
BTC
Vanilla Style Gameplay(Not a pro in my opinion but they advertise this.)
[feel free to add some in your reply]

I guess I was wrong?
Course not, we have differing experiences/opinions.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

Hilarious

Can someone tell me the business model? Why's he giving out Bitcoin? Also can I use minecraft phone edition?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: