Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got merits, lots of them - do you want some??  (Read 2958 times)
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:38:24 PM

I disagree with most things you said. You want to say if we post only quality English we will get merit? No. Because I do post quality English but no onw merit me. Are you saying also if one be polite for calling somebody sir will prevent him from getting merit ? another NO.  For a record, listen. A lot of  Senior members to even Hero members like even you got the opportunity to be rank up all because you have be here long, and I bet you ,if most senior members were subjected to merit system in those days, they wouldn't be at where they are because majority post SHIT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:49:09 PM

These are nice ideas, wisely prepared. I am trying to improve myself to be a better crypto guy. And merit will come later for sure.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cute nmp

Activity: 1624
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:46:07 PM

Nice ideas.i will try to see whether i will be able to secure merits or not such a useful hint especially for members new to the forum
who are interested in getting merits and higher ranks.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
birzh0

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:35:11 AM

English needed just to understand topics (as i see most posters are not so good in writing english, but has merits).
and as english population of BTT is the most numbered - than the chance to get merits is more... Wink
sort_cirkit

Activity: 368
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 11:36:43 AM

It's all hoped. As it helps to promote rank, so much so it is very important for those who take signature. The more Merit we have, the person is the same as the high quality.
edundayo

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:25:41 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

I disagree with most things you said. You want to say if we post only quality English we will get merit? No. Because I do post quality English but no onw merit me.

I think you missed the point, the forum is all about discussion which is communication; you'll not be communicating if other receivers can't make a meaning of what you are saying. Ordinarily, you will usually be merited by people who can make a meaning of whatever you posted. And since the language for the general (non-local) BTT boards is English, it should follow (as expected) that most people in the general language boards are English speakers, and can only fully make a meaning of what you're saying when the English is well conducted (quality English, in TMAN words). It might not guarantee you getting merits but definitely increase the chances, which I believe should be the target of anyone hoping to receive merits.

but no onw merit me.

For instance; I know the above is only a typo, but on a closer look, it doesn't take away the fact that, the simple 'e' letter typo can make the statement confusing to someone; who will have to guess the point you are trying to make.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
Flash Cunt

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:46:58 PM
Merited by TMAN (1), theyoungmillionaire (1)

Merits are like orgasms. If you are desperate for one it will elude you, and you'll make yourself sore chasing it. If you are on the path to one, then enjoy the jouney, and the experience will be so much better. If you don't achieve it, then change your partner or your technique.

Join Jet Cash and other BT members in the Ivory Tower coffee lounge
Flame Dragon King

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:12:33 PM
Merited by TMAN (1), theyoungmillionaire (1)

Is it the good structure of the sentence or the quality of the post that help the community? I definitely agree to you, but I think we should be more focus on the quality and the meaning of the post. Thanks for further advice in this thread, and also the for teaching this newbie a lesson https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3376729.msg35423204#msg35423204

▬▬▬▬ ViValid.io  |  every item has a story
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ PRE SALE 14th May 2018
sadpotato

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:22:16 PM

a few more things
Do NOT call Sr Members Sir, Mr or any other shit like that, It is not needed.
READ THE FUCKING RULES, both forum rules and individual board rules.
Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics and wherever you are do NOT post in megathreads, I guarantee you have nothing new to say.
Humor is good, lots of people get merit for silly one liners if they are funny.

It is funny that I thought those who are Senior Members and up are experts in bitcoin. That is somehow true, but these people are still normal people that studied well in bitcoin. Found out that one of my classmates reached higher rank.

That was unexpected though. Now I understand that young or old, female or male, you can know bitcoin well.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:32:16 AM

Yes I do and my fist step is to improve my English writing skill.

Found out that one of my classmates reached higher rank.

That was unexpected though. Now I understand that young or old, female or male, you can know bitcoin well.
Lucky him over you  Grin

snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:49:52 AM

These merits are driving the whole forum more civilized I believe without these the forum will be flooded with shitty posts. As I read the guide of you. I really learned alot and I immediately tried to make an  informative post perhaps you might want to check it.
Ellie2316

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:49:40 AM

I’ll get back to this thread when I’m ready and deserving for this merit points. Thanks for inspiring others and helping them to learn more about bitcoin and this merit system.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2126

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:12:40 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 12:22:50 AM by mu_enrico

I disagree with most things you said. You want to say if we post only quality English we will get merit? No. Because I do post quality English but no one merit me. Are you saying also if one be polite for calling somebody sir will prevent him from getting merit ? another NO.

I've just fix the typo, it's not a valid argument if you guys bring up this minor issue.

For a record, listen. A lot of  Senior members to even Hero members like even you got the opportunity to be rank up all because you have be here long, and I bet you ,if most senior members were subjected to merit system in those days, they wouldn't be at where they are because majority post SHIT.

This is also true, but it's their privilege of being early adopters. It's like saying the bitcoin HODL-er wouldn't be at where they are because majority cannot afford BTC price now or cannot mine with PC anymore. It's just how real world works, cmon man!

Merit is not really important, guys. If you wanna get some pennies from bounty campaign, you might be better off doing other than signature campaign. Do not put too much pressure on yourself. TMAN's guide essentially is the "Posting 101" but whether you will get merit or not, it's still mystery that can only be solved when stars aligned.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
venky15921

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:32:38 AM

It is funny that I thought those who are Senior Members and up are experts in bitcoin. That is somehow true, but these people are still normal people that studied well in bitcoin. Found out that one of my classmates reached higher rank.

Yes anyone can understand bitcoin well only if they are interested in it . Just go through some of the best articles on bitcoin in this site and even you will get to know about bitcoin .
samarnaaz

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

Don't forget that if you want to practice your English without being accused of polluting the boards, you can join Fit to Talk English, and you'll get some helpful comments about your posts. It's for Bitcoin Talk members only, and you will need to have made at least 5 posts in the forum.
Thank you jat cash, i hope i will get it and i will improve my English as soon as possible..
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:00:58 AM

You are really right, people like me do not belong to the forum, I understand it, but I'm trying to develop in this direction. I understand perfectly that if I have 100 merit, I will not make mountains of money, and I also understand that to this figure I am far away, and I need to raise the level of my posts, and English for a couple of bars above. But at the moment, for me it's just a pleasant fact that I either provided some help or wrote something interesting. I want to be equal to people who make high-quality content, but in the future, to surpass them  Wink
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

This is a great thread, especially the first few pages. Some of TMAN's post had me laughing pretty hard.

I try to be conscientious about awarding merit (for as long as I have it) to good quality posts, especially those composed by newbies, but I face a similar struggle in that so many of the posts I come across are problematic. Either I can't understand them or they truly add nothing to the discussion.

Are they still taking applications for merit sources? I tried to apply as instructed in the Meta section but I haven't received any kind of response indicating that my application has even been seen yet.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 05:59:11 AM

I try to be conscientious about awarding merit (for as long as I have it) to good quality posts, especially those composed by newbies, but I face a similar struggle in that so many of the posts I come across are problematic. Either I can't understand them or they truly add nothing to the discussion.

If you want to award merit responsibly, it is almost a full time job, and you end up reporting more posts, and ignoring more members, than you award with merits.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:41:14 AM

I will have to say that as a new member, I find it is kind of a popularity club. "Senior" members don't want to hand out candy to newbies even if the post is merit-worthy. I English is great and my topics are decent. No one would dare give me a merit this early. It's just not happening I'm afraid.
Tpq01349

Activity: 353

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:01:16 AM

It seems it's more difficult to earn merits for non-english speaker members. The grammar thing is the most difficult thing to learn. It will need a lot of learning to earn merit. I remembered a local saying, "learning is the key to success". By the way, thanks for the tips.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: