Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge swings  (Read 1390 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 06:56:56 PM

Looks like now that the trade commissions are no longer at 0% we will be going back to huge swings in prices.

Great time to make some money.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zem

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 06:59:20 PM

Yep.
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:02:27 PM

They are still at 0% at the Intersango sites like http://britcoin.co.uk and http://intersango.eu and http://intersango.us.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:25:13 PM

The trading fees have nothing to do with the price moves.

Bitcoin/USD has been in a sideways/triangle chart formation and just broke down a key support zone. This forecast I have given this morning to my subscribers. Short term trend is down now.

Albert

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:25:01 PM

Today's market stocks shows Intersango USD at a position of about 10.50 USD (Rounded out) which is 2.30+ over former market leader MtGox. Does this trend seemingly imply the newfound success in Intersango trade as more people move their trades over there?

Sorry, I'm learning my speculation terminology, but I've been keeping a watch on the stocks for weeks now, since I first discovered the Bitcoin.
So I thought I might chip in what I've noticed, from the last few days as MtGox USD prices have steadily lowered. (As of this post)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 10:38:49 PM

Today's market stocks shows Intersango USD at a position of about 10.50 USD (Rounded out) which is 2.30+ over former market leader MtGox. Does this trend seemingly imply the newfound success in Intersango trade as more people move their trades over there? 

That doesn't make any sense. If people can sell coins for 25% more over there then people would buy coins elsewhere and sell them there until there was equilibrium. The only reason I can think that they don't is that it is hard or impossible to withdraw fiat money from them, is that the case?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Albert

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 02:30:55 AM

Well, how I see it now is merely the appeal of a certain exchange to people, than that of others. It seems the player with the best reputability and/or involvement in the Bitcoin development itself... Well, basically it seems that if an up and coming player in the market can prove themselves, then maybe they could swing the pendulum in their favor?

I dunno, but the fact of the matter is clear, that Intersango has seen some recent upward sales. Though now that they've capped off at that, it just seems fitting that possibly other big markets will see upward shifts? Anyone see where I'm getting at?

SECOND THOUGHT: Course, you all would be thinking, "Well how would one exchange influence the price of trades on its competitors, any? Well, I'm merely thinking of slight rises in prices. Give about 1.25 USD or so.
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 02:59:22 AM

Umm, Intersango has a a 30 day volume of 223 BTC.  The trade price over there is completely irrelevant.  It's meaningless.  Just because one guy decides to pay $10 for a Bitcoin on an obscure exchange doesn't mean Bitcoins are worth $10.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 08:22:09 AM

Umm, Intersango has a a 30 day volume of 223 BTC.  The trade price over there is completely irrelevant.  It's meaningless.  Just because one guy decides to pay $10 for a Bitcoin on an obscure exchange doesn't mean Bitcoins are worth $10.
correct. Forget about bitcoin trading volumes less than a couple of thousand btc per day. It is completely irrelevant.

Albert

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:50:58 PM

Ah, alright.  Tongue

Kind of figured I was nitpicking there; just wasn't sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: