Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:56:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Applecoin - Now on BTC38.com, Surpasses 5 Million Market Cap.  (Read 49840 times)
JohnDorien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

still profitable to mine right now at current dif and price?  Any calculators for this one around?

No calculators, but you still can calculate with roughly 1k APC per day per Mhash (Varies a bit due to the random block rewards).
Price is between 0.6 and 1 LTC per 1k
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:27:05 AM

Now block #20,000 has been reached, this coin looks doomed.. The difficulty has decreased to a 4.7 currently, but that damn "n-factor" is screwing this up. Is that factor also going to change? I can only mine with a 350 Kh/s, which was about 5000 kh/s at the begin of this coin ánd the rewards are much lower now.. 

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:15:01 PM

Now block #20,000 has been reached, this coin looks doomed.. The difficulty has decreased to a 4.7 currently, but that damn "n-factor" is screwing this up. Is that factor also going to change? I can only mine with a 350 Kh/s, which was about 5000 kh/s at the begin of this coin ánd the rewards are much lower now.. 

That is meant to happen, it is a cpu coin that crushes out gpu usage.

AmGfxMarty

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Hi, I'm Marty.

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:24:51 PM

Anyone interested in my measly 246 coin?
snurfel

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:31:15 PM

btc-8 down again? Angry
KunningLinguist (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:02:32 AM

Added to BTC38.com

http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=apc

JohnDorien

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:07:17 AM

90 APC = 1 LTC here!!!
KunningLinguist (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:08:22 AM

Applecoin.org is under upgrade to a funky new super powerful server. Please be patient.

JohnDorien

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:20:25 AM

Applecoin.org is under upgrade to a funky new super powerful server. Please be patient.

that is nice! Any E.t.a?
KunningLinguist (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

New server has at least 4 x times the power.

If your having trouble with accessing the site, use these IP's 209.188.21.78 and 209.188.21.79

int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:32:19 PM

So I'm asking this with genuine curiosity and not just to be an ass; why in the hell is this coin worth as much as it is? I don't see anything unique, innovative, or new about it whatsoever. It's just another scrypt-jane N-factor coin with semi-random rewards. Everyone has been paying absurdly high amounts of BTC for this coin since the day it was released, and I cannot see why for the life of me. There's 0 services available for it, yet for some reason people are just dying to pay hundreds of dollars for a single day's worth of mined coins. What gives?

Again, not trying to be a dick about it I just really can't see any sort of justification for its pricing.
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:32:51 PM

Also, holy fucking god the pools are so unstable right now it's almost impossible to mine. They're just taking turns crashing back and forth.
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:34:21 PM

Holy shit look at that Applecoin price @ btc-38!  Shocked

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:35:27 PM

Holy shit look at that Applecoin price @ btc-38!  Shocked

Exactly my point, why is this price at all justified? There's nothing even remotely innovative in this coin.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:36:18 PM

the name i guess people think will get some media hype, but not a bad coin anyway.

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:36:53 PM

How much of a bribe did you pay to have this shit listed?

peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:37:24 PM

Holy shit look at that Applecoin price @ btc-38!  Shocked

Exactly my point, why is this price at all justified? There's nothing even remotely innovative in this coin.

So I'm asking this with genuine curiosity and not just to be an ass; why in the hell is this coin worth as much as it is? I don't see anything unique, innovative, or new about it whatsoever. It's just another scrypt-jane N-factor coin with semi-random rewards. Everyone has been paying absurdly high amounts of BTC for this coin since the day it was released, and I cannot see why for the life of me. There's 0 services available for it, yet for some reason people are just dying to pay hundreds of dollars for a single day's worth of mined coins. What gives?

Again, not trying to be a dick about it I just really can't see any sort of justification for its pricing.
APC seems to be really popular in china, look at the amount of chinese users @ applecoin.org, the chinese forum section is larger than all other boards. Two chinese exchanges first adopted Applecoin, so yeah, I'd like to know why APC is so popular in China too. Good marketing? That said, the coin was and is fun to mine.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:44:05 PM

Yeah I see that it has a lot of interest from China and it has since the beginning pretty much. I mined a metric fuckload of APC during the start and sold them off very easily for what I thought was a hilariously over-valued price, but now I'm kicking myself for having not held onto them, I'd be rolling in BTC right now.

I just didn't see anything special about it at all, so I mined until like the second N-factor change and stopped assuming that the coin would just die since it has no redeeming qualities. And yet for some reason the Chinese are going apeshit over it. I really just don't get it.  Huh

What's even more irritating is that the N-factor calculation rate isn't even publicly posted anywhere, so we have no idea when the next GPU efficiency decreases will be, just when the block reward decreases will be. Additionally, the listed block rewards don't even hold true, as I solo mined several blocks with <100 APC reward during the first 10,000 blocks, which should not even be possible. The documentation for this coin is lacking as well as incorrect in places. It's irritating to me that random coins like this one get so much attention and price pumping for no reason while coins that actually have innovative qualities are shunted to the side.
KunningLinguist (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:51:14 PM

Yeah I see that it has a lot of interest from China and it has since the beginning pretty much. I mined a metric fuckload of APC during the start and sold them off very easily for what I thought was a hilariously over-valued price, but now I'm kicking myself for having not held onto them, I'd be rolling in BTC right now.

I just didn't see anything special about it at all, so I mined until like the second N-factor change and stopped assuming that the coin would just die since it has no redeeming qualities. And yet for some reason the Chinese are going apeshit over it. I really just don't get it.  Huh

What's even more irritating is that the N-factor calculation rate isn't even publicly posted anywhere, so we have no idea when the next GPU efficiency decreases will be, just when the block reward decreases will be. Additionally, the listed block rewards don't even hold true, as I solo mined several blocks with <100 APC reward during the first 10,000 blocks, which should not even be possible. The documentation for this coin is lacking as well as incorrect in places. It's irritating to me that random coins like this one get so much attention and price pumping for no reason while coins that actually have innovative qualities are shunted to the side.

They are fixed now, thanks for letting me know. The original specs which were slightly different where changed in a later build.

int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:56:24 PM

They are fixed now, thanks for letting me know. The original specs which were slightly different where changed in a later build.

You're welcome, but WOW that is a MAJOR change. Going from 100 min reward to 2 is a massive difference and is absolutely something that we miners should have known about the second it was decided to be changed. Also, details on the N-factor calculation would be much appreciated.

I'm still mining this coin since people still seem to want it so bad, but these kinds of small nit-picky issues are more than enough to make or break newer altcoins, so I figure since this one is doing relatively well on its own we may as well see where it goes, given a bit better information and support.

Also, moar pools and some services would definitely be of great help to the coin, I'm astonished it's been around as long as it has without having at LEAST one kind of gambling site that accepts it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: