Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:05:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or ETH for long term  (Read 3633 times)
mwaqar17 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

Hey all.

I am confused about these two (BTC and ETH), which one is best to invest/hold for long term ?? How much time I should hold from these two?? Price is going up now a days, what is the best time to buy ? I should wait for buy right now ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 05:38:00 PM

Hey all.

I am confused about these two (BTC and ETH), which one is best to invest/hold for long term ?? How much time I should hold from these two?? Price is going up now a days, what is the best time to buy ? I should wait for buy right now ?
The first thing to do is not make your long-term investing decisions based in the price action for the last few days or weeks.

The second thing to do is thoroughly research the pros and cons of both Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Third, make up your mind on what you find promising for the long-term and where you see the most potential. Also remember that it is perfectly ok to have a mix of both, i.e. your portfolio can contain x% BTC, y% ETH and (100-x-y)% others. These values need to be determined by you, not someone on the forum.

Do your homework!!
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:50:32 PM

Hey all.

This two are really good investment for a long-term hold. Both of them are useful for investors who are really into technology. As you can see, both bitcoin and ethereum are starting to have an upward trend, and let's hope that  this will be the start of the market recovery. Soon, we might start seeing a bull-market.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

Ehtereum and Bitcoin both good investment for long term. But always bitcoin only play the leading role till now in coinmarketcap. So invest in bitcoin will give more profit than you invest. After few months the market is recovering and moving in positive shows a good sign to invest in bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is increasing now so buy bitcoin now and hold it for future. Once the price will reach high you can sell at that time and earn more profit.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:36:24 PM

Hey all.

If you really looking to Long term investment both are perfect suit in your investment so you must splitting the amount and invest in both the coins it make huge in two years later. This is the best time to buy in both the coins because already we are all miss the dip so it will never get back to 6k USD so you should invest know otherwise you miss the right opportunity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

Why ETH? ETH has serious scalability problems. If you believe in the team, then maybe they'll come up with a solution. TRX solves the scalability problem along with almost no fees for transactions. I feel safer investing in TRX, but do your own research. ETH isn't going any where, but I believe TRX is better.

BTC looks bullish as of now. ETH is already at almost $700 and BTC isn't above $10k. You may get better returns on BTC for the short term and the reinvest BTC profits into ETH when BTC goes on the anticipated bull run.
berrygood

Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

For the long term, I would choose both but bitcoin is more solid coin than ethereum, ethereum may have big fluctuations in price in the future for unexpected reason but for bitcoin I think that is less likely  Smiley

FishsHumnsToo

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:51:43 PM

I would keep both bitcoin and ether, of course everyone will choose proportions. Bitcoin is the tool of accumulation and therefore growth will continue. Ether is simply not available to the nearest competitors at the moment, so it can not be replaced
Dalazar

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

Investing in bitcoin or ethereum to do a lot of xxx is likely not to succeed. But I think that a trader should have a long-term investment in these coins
HazardXXX

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:43:30 PM

Investing in bitcoin or ethereum to do a lot of xxx is likely not to succeed. But I think that a trader should have a long-term investment in these coins
I can not at all understand why Bitcoin and Efirium lead the market, although their technical part is weak, compared to other coins, it's all about fame?
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:57:08 PM
Merited by Herbert2020 (1)

Which is better for long term, well you just tell me how many Ethereum will be produced. Once you tell me that i can tell you which is better for long term.
Controlled Finite Supply

Get used to it.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:05:55 PM

You should decide for your self, I am sure that you are aware that both ethereum and bitcoin are famous in cryptocurrency. Both of them are different and has a different usage. So, both of them can bring you good profit if you are going to invest and hold it for a long time. I really think that among other altcoin or crypto, ethereum and bitcoin will always be a sure bet. But of course, it depends on your entry point, if at what price are you going to invest.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:36:56 PM

In this list my choice is one always. And it is BTC. Why? Because without BTC should not exist any other cryptocurrencies. That's why choice determined

cabbarlana

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:12:46 PM

Although Bitcoin emerges as an invention that will open up the front of the crypto money market, it is my favorite Etherum in this world. It is my dedication to emotional connection with this thought. I think that the subcoins that use ETH's technology and what they have built will carry this market forward. Therefore, ETH may be more sensible in long-term investments.

Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:15:10 PM

Make a plan for your holding!!! Since you can use ETH in many various ways it is not also good if you just hold them all. Like 30% of it should be allocated to buy a new token from ongoing campaign. and the rest is for holding because as you say the price is increasing again.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:20:21 PM

Hey all.

Bitcoin is a good choice for long-term investments. But Etherum also has a chance to become a coin that has the most stable increase today. I know both of them as coin which is the main choice of traders in investing. Overall then I will choose both, both coins have good prospects for investment and I feel that there will be an extraordinary price increase when I can be patient and wait for a long time to make it a long-term investment.
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:23:39 PM

I would go with ETH as I think it has a lot more potential. With the Casper update there is going to be a lot of positive changes.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:46:31 PM

Since you are thinking long term from what I can deduce from your post, Bitcoin for me, Bitcoin is the digital Gold standard in the space and most of these Altcoins are always affected when its price swing. What I would advice you about the time to buy, is to scaling in your buying range, the price is moving up now, so buy some now and see how the price perform later
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 06:05:09 PM by Question123

This two coin are best for longterm and for sure after few years of holding this coins will gain more profit because for sure the price increase will become very high. But we need to unity if we want to see the price become high we need to buy more bitcoin and ethereum. But If I choose only one coin I will pick ethereum because for sure after few  years it will become very high or next bitcoin. Bitcoin is still good investment and even the price is very high until now it is good to buy right now because if we see the price it's increasing again and I hope it will continue so that's why we can make more money. But if you don't have any plan until today just buy ethereum and bitcoin.
kcgomez09

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:28:20 PM

BTC still it is the great father of crypto so if you were have big funds you should invest to btc
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: