Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add2PSU or 24 Pin PSU Jumper Which Safe?  (Read 104 times)
SSEmre (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 01:08:06 PM

We need second PSU but I dont know which solutions is better. I know Add24Psu Has been on the market for a long time but is it safe?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner29

Activity: 1260
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 02:05:56 PM

The little add24psu board is safe...but these are 1/4 the price per...2pins on the 24pin connector shorted turn on a psu.  This cable does this for 2 psus together...

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Power-Supply-Motherboard-Adapter/dp/B07DCNHPZ3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dual+atx+psu+adapter&qid=1613743390&sr=8-1

The extra length of wire give more options in where psu’s sit.
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1402

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 12:52:06 AM

We need second PSU but I dont know which solutions is better. I know Add24Psu Has been on the market for a long time but is it safe?

I have used add2psu for years and I am extremely satisfied, I have not seen reports of problems related to this equipment ... it is a good, inexpensive and very reliable solution for 2 PSU.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
armenmerikyan

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2021, 02:39:41 AM

The little add24psu board is safe...but these are 1/4 the price per...2pins on the 24pin connector shorted turn on a psu.  This cable does this for 2 psus together...

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Power-Supply-Motherboard-Adapter/dp/B07DCNHPZ3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dual+atx+psu+adapter&qid=1613743390&sr=8-1

The extra length of wire give more options in where psu’s sit.

THIS GUY IS A FUCKEN SCAMMER, HIS ACCOUNT WAS STARTED ON 2019 AND HE IS CLAIMING TO BE A MINER FOR OVER 5 YEARS. NO EMAIL and NO PERSONAL INFO AVAILABLE. DON'T TRUST THIS FUCKER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 07:06:48 AM

You can always just do the paperclip trick which is pretty much free. Rarely do people use 2 PSUs these days however back in 2013-2014 it was the norm pretty much. All you need to do is short 2 pins on the second PSU and as soon as you push the switch it will turn on.

A few safety things.

Make sure the PSUs are grounded together somehow.
Don't mix +12V between the 2 PSUs. Use a volt-meter to test and confirm.
On the aux PSU, hook up some fan so in the rare case that the main PSU shuts down, the aux psu won't be running without a load

If you are good with electronics you can hook up a relay so both PSU start and shutdown at the same time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 09:05:16 AM

You can always just do the paperclip trick which is pretty much free. Rarely do people use 2 PSUs these days however back in 2013-2014 it was the norm pretty much. All you need to do is short 2 pins on the second PSU and as soon as you push the switch it will turn on.

A few safety things.

On the aux PSU, hook up some fan so in the rare case that the main PSU shuts down, the aux psu won't be running without a load

If you are good with electronics you can hook up a relay so both PSU start and shutdown at the same time.
yep im doing my own add2psus. i have alot relays 12v and 5v.
For a newbie it can be risky so get 1 proper psu with high wattage.
if you insist use 2 psu then:In dual psu you will get 2 different +12v rail and 2 GND. with gnd no problem you just connect them but if mess up with 2 +12v rail weaker psu will suffer melt wires and dead psu. pay attantion feed riser and gpu from same psu then you are good to go.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

A few safety things.

The paperclip trick? I still use this trick in 2021 haha 😂 until I was able to get a motherboard and a 1000watt power supply and I say good bye to the 650 power supply, I had to watch a youtube video before having then confidence to do it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: