Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweden Officially Backs a Cryptocurrency and Establishes It As Their Official Co  (Read 191 times)
Saliya11 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:21:53 AM

It’s finally happened. A major worldwide government has just bestowed a huge vote of confidence and legitimacy onto the world of cryptocurrencies. Sweden, in an unprecedented move, just announced that they are officially adopting a certain cryptocurrency as Sweden’s official coin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:37:24 AM

that is a really great news for the whole crypto world. i am very curious which coin will be there, but i think and hope it will be bitcoin (or eth). do you have any links to confirm your news?
Saliya11 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:40:31 AM

that is a really great news for the whole crypto world. i am very curious which coin will be there, but i think and hope it will be bitcoin (or eth). do you have any links to confirm your news?
http://onlinewealthnews.com/crypto/?utm_content_id=2972303&utm_boost_id=462899&utm_targeting=coindesk.com&utm_widget_id=81252&sxid=n0l5ekq443k2
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:43:16 AM

http://onlinewealthnews.com/crypto/?utm_content_id=2972303&utm_boost_id=462899&utm_targeting=coindesk.com&utm_widget_id=81252&sxid=n0l5ekq443k2
thanks!  Smiley
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:13:17 AM

it is neither of those!
OP is trying to be vague about it for some reason. the real news is here: www.businessinsider.com/sweden-cryptocurrency-e-krona-riksbank-2018-1
and it is saying they are creating their own cryptocurrency which is only based on bitcoin and the blockchain technology.
and contrary to what the article says Sweden is not at all the first country! they are at least the 5th one. there is already Venezuela with their own cryptocurrnecy called Petro, there is India with their own called Lakshmi,...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:26:11 AM

This is relatively old news, from January. And so far no new developments have come up. This type of topic does not add anything since the OP brought little technical information about it.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:27:16 AM

Good Job for sweden. I hope more and more countries will follow what sweden did. If this happens, Then bitcoin and its block chain technology will ultimately become popular. And with that, Many people will buy more bitcoins. I hope that NEW ATH for bitcoin will be reached within this year

peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:37:01 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 12:54:22 PM by peter0425

it is neither of those!
OP is trying to be vague about it for some reason. the real news is here: www.businessinsider.com/sweden-cryptocurrency-e-krona-riksbank-2018-1
and it is saying they are creating their own cryptocurrency which is only based on bitcoin and the blockchain technology.
and contrary to what the article says Sweden is not at all the first country! they are at least the 5th one. there is already Venezuela with their own cryptocurrnecy called Petro, there is India with their own called Lakshmi,...
Yes you are correct, there are a lot of crypto back currency by a government. As far as I know that there even more before the Petro (Venezuela) and Crypto Rubble (Russia) but they all failed.

But I'm not surprised by the move of Sweden because first they are one of the friendlies crypto country you can find, second they have strong financial institutions and even experimenting on a cashless society. So it would make sense for them to get their own coins as alternative to cash.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:56:02 AM

it is neither of those!

Yes what a vague op. Some people need to realise that no country is going to adopt an
existing decentralised currency, instead they are going to create their own which they
can issue, control and regulate themselves.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

won't work ... centralised crypto is non global and a waste of effort. People will prefer btc.

you can not compare this kind of ledger to bitcoins trustless decentralised system. The initial distribution through POW is key.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:43:29 PM

Interestingly enough, if you write e krona into Google a price tracker shows up on top of the page showing
Code:
e Swedish kronor = 0.319324721 U.S. dollars
The current price is quite low compared to that article's value of around $1. Why the dip? And where can we see what's the max amount of coins in circulation and how many coins have been minted?

And this is from the Kryptonex site:

Current price of one of Sweden's official coin is only €0.81,
a small investment of €250 will buy you 308 coins.

Famed hedge funder turned crypto-investor Michael Novogratz says:
"Sweden's coin could be at €5,000 per one by end of April, 2018"

Can anyone who has bought Sweden's coins recently tell us what the current price is?
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:06:47 PM

This news was out publicly in January by HSBC economist James Pomeroy, stated that 'Sweden's position as potentially the world's first cashless society'  
The Central Bank of Sweden, Riksbank is planning to launch a national cryptocurrency called e-Krona withing 2 Years.
You can read more here about his statement http://bitcoinist.com/sweden-set-become-first-economy-introduce-cryptocurrency/
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:12:31 PM

It’s finally happened. A major worldwide government has just bestowed a huge vote of confidence and legitimacy onto the world of cryptocurrencies. Sweden, in an unprecedented move, just announced that they are officially adopting a certain cryptocurrency as Sweden’s official coin!

Well, finally my prediction since 2016 have already occurred. It was only my observation but since there are several meetings across the world made by the  banks and government officials I cam up with the conclusion that it will be only a matter of time that a certain country will have its own cryptocurrency . It was first idealized by China when they called up all Asian countries to create one currency that will be used among all countries in Asia but that was not realized. Then, at last Sweden was the first country to do it.
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:16:47 PM
Merited by LastJedi (2)

But who says it will be globally accepted if they want to use this for people outside of Sweden?
If not then their new cryptocurrency will be worth as much as their local fiat is now.

nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:05:16 AM

How to participate using BTC or ETH?
Please share the link
dangkhoasn

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 07:08:45 AM

I like this news. A positive signal about cryptocurrencies. Hope other countries will do the same. Cryptocurrencies are becoming more widespread in 2018.
idelawire

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:43:26 PM

This is a great news if Sweden adapt cryptocurrency may be this coin is their own coin or possible chances is bitcoin. if all countries accept crypto and regulate than bitcoin and other currency future will be bright and i hope this currency will be core currency of world and most peoples can use for purchase goods and services.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: