Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16278 times)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:44:24 PM

A GPU miner for Nvidia graphic cards is released http://uupool.cn/course/btm. What do you guys think?

I doubt it can fight with asics. Wat are the numbers it is pulling? Revenue without costs are like 12 bucks only now. This isnt good considering it hasnt even been a month...

Someone reported ~600 H/s with six 1060 3GB cards. I can only imagine what a 1080ti can do. Also, someone reported that the miner is not 100% optimized meaning that there's still room for improvement on these numbers.

U sure? Thats 600hash for a 720watts. That makes about 178 usd a month at 10 cents elec.... It is pretty decent actually and about on par with six 1060 cards on eth, if my calculations are right, six 1060 on eth does 150mh for about 720w, give 167 usd.

This isnt good news. That means the profitability can never go higher than that of a 6 card gpu rig. If it goes higher, the gpu rigs will come in. If eth profitability goes down, the gpu rigs will come to BTM because it is more profitable . If your number is true,

Are u sure of the gpu mining numbers?

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mo20
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:06:31 PM

A GPU miner for Nvidia graphic cards is released http://uupool.cn/course/btm. What do you guys think?

I doubt it can fight with asics. Wat are the numbers it is pulling? Revenue without costs are like 12 bucks only now. This isnt good considering it hasnt even been a month...

Someone reported ~600 H/s with six 1060 3GB cards. I can only imagine what a 1080ti can do. Also, someone reported that the miner is not 100% optimized meaning that there's still room for improvement on these numbers.

U sure? Thats 600hash for a 720watts. That makes about 178 usd a month at 10 cents elec.... It is pretty decent actually and about on par with six 1060 cards on eth, if my calculations are right, six 1060 on eth does 150mh for about 720w, give 167 usd.

This isnt good news. That means the profitability can never go higher than that of a 6 card gpu rig. If it goes higher, the gpu rigs will come in. If eth profitability goes down, the gpu rigs will come to BTM because it is more profitable . If your number is true,

I haven't used the miner yet but this is what someone reported on this forum. I believe another guy reported ~200 H/s with two cards only (1050TI and a 1060).
henrylitee

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:06:49 PM

antpool starts paying BTM ...... everything after the old .... all payments in the state of "paying" ... did not make any payment .... What's going on?
Do you have it all like this???

Yep same issue here

same
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:49:46 PM

I haven't used the miner yet but this is what someone reported on this forum. I believe another guy reported ~200 H/s with two cards only (1050TI and a 1060).
Sigh, this thing holds the risk of becoming a D3. Lets hope it doesnt get there....

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:59:37 PM

I don't see many people pointing their nvidia's at tensory algorithm based coins anytime soon. 1070/1080 Tis still makes the most mining Zec. May be when Z9s are out, BTM will be worth mining with GPUs, or if btm price doubles before that.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:03:58 PM

I don't see many people pointing their nvidia's at tensory algorithm based coins anytime soon. 1070/1080 Tis still makes the most mining Zec. May be when Z9s are out, BTM will be worth mining with GPUs, or if btm price doubles before that.

If a batch 3 comes out, it becomes a D3. The Z9 will remove ZEC mining. If the GPU go to bytom, we will earn less then. We dont know if the coin price will double or halve. This is a niche coin and it is already 600m cap, so, I would think it is not so easy to double. The A3 was very different. It showed 20k per month profit before it launched, users broke even in 1-2 months and there is no gpu threat. The B3 had 2 batches with no gap between batch releases and has gpu threatening it. If gpu mining profitability for other coins fall, they will come to bytom to make more. If bytom price doubles for whatever reason, the GPUs will come here to push the profit down to the point mining bytom on gpu equals mining other coins on GPU. This thing cant make too much profit even if the coin goes up, due to GPU. The GPU miners put a cap to it.
Any solution to this dear bitmain?

hawkfish007

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:11:34 PM

If a batch 3 comes out, it becomes a D3. The Z9 will remove ZEC mining. If the GPU go to bytom, we will earn less then. We dont know if the coin price will double or halve. This is a niche coin and it is already 600m cap, so, I would think it is not so easy to double. The A3 was very different. It showed 20k per month profit before it launched, users broke even in 1-2 months and there is no gpu threat. The B3 had 2 batches with no gap between batch releases and has gpu threatening it. If gpu mining profitability for other coins fall, they will come to bytom to make more. If bytom price doubles for whatever reason, the GPUs will come here to push the profit down to the point mining bytom on gpu equals mining other coins on GPU. This thing cant make too much profit. The GPU miners put a cap to it.

Power consumption will come to play at that point, 300 watts vs 6x200/150 watts for a 1080 ti rig for identical hash rate. B3 will still come out as a winner but definitely income will be much less than what it is now.

Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

If a batch 3 comes out, it becomes a D3. The Z9 will remove ZEC mining. If the GPU go to bytom, we will earn less then. We dont know if the coin price will double or halve. This is a niche coin and it is already 600m cap, so, I would think it is not so easy to double. The A3 was very different. It showed 20k per month profit before it launched, users broke even in 1-2 months and there is no gpu threat. The B3 had 2 batches with no gap between batch releases and has gpu threatening it. If gpu mining profitability for other coins fall, they will come to bytom to make more. If bytom price doubles for whatever reason, the GPUs will come here to push the profit down to the point mining bytom on gpu equals mining other coins on GPU. This thing cant make too much profit. The GPU miners put a cap to it.

Power consumption will come to play at that point, 300 watts vs 6x200/150 watts for a 1080 ti rig for identical hash rate. B3 will still come out as a winner but definitely income will be much less than what it is now.

Yes, there is a power consumption advantage (as all asics have over gpu) but this means that even if the coin price increases, the GPU miners will come in and mine the coin, pushing profitability back down. If the GPU miners earn little from all other coins out there, they will come to bytom to mine because it is their most profitable coin. This pushes B3 profits down. If the bytom price drops by half and becomes unprofitable, the gpu miners will leave and B3 owners hold a toaster. The risks are stacked against B3 owners. Other asics such as A3, L3, didnt have this additional issue. This is an asic coin but the profitability is capped and somewhat pegged to GPU profitability.

Anyways, lets hope this works out and we break even in 5-6 months from now guys. Cross fingers*

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:12:42 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 08:36:08 PM by 9600
Merited by suchmoon (5)

Yes, there is a power consumption advantage (as all asics have over gpu) but this means that even if the coin price increases, the GPU miners will come in and mine the coin, pushing profitability back down. If the GPU miners earn little from all other coins out there, they will come to bytom to mine because it is their most profitable coin. This pushes B3 profits down. If the bytom price drops by half and becomes unprofitable, the gpu miners will leave and B3 owners hold a toaster. The risks are stacked against B3 owners. Other asics such as A3, L3, didnt have this additional issue. This is an asic coin but the profitability is capped and somewhat pegged to GPU profitability.

Anyways, lets hope this works out and we break even in 5-6 months from now guys. Cross fingers*

I mean I hope everyone looked into BYTOM, Tensority, Sophon, and the general ecosystem around this launch before making their purchase.
This was never going to be a quick win. BYTOM has a complex roadmap with a LOT of work needed to get there.

The bottom line is that the SOPHON TPU didn't sell well at all.
They were far too early to market with a GP TPU. Its why Google doesn't sell its TPU or TPUv2 to integrators.

They had a lot of "low corner" SOPHON ASICs that they couldn't use to manufacture SC1/2 cards.
They put them to work on a blockchain that uses proof-of-tensor as a PoW mechanism, in a design that doesn't require the expensive DDR that large ML pipelines use for DAGs.

At this point I'm doubtful we'll see a Batch 3 or 4 unless they're sitting on a few themselves.
Though, this would not be the most efficient product for them to run in their internal datacenters.

Much more likely to see a B5 based off of the BM1682/1684.
Understanding for how AI/ML is used domestically, and considering Bitmain's willingness to work with Beijing, I'm betting that the 1680 won't be their last TPU ASIC.

PS: Worth noting that Bitmain had already contacted the few existing Sophon SC1 customers with promises of coupons for their next generation TPUs.
barrageyou

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:22:09 PM

what are the exchanges that supports the deposits from mining bytom?
munchies859

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 09:52:55 PM by munchies859

I think people need to wait before just looking at the hashrate of GPUs and jumping to conclusions.  GPUs are reporting similar hashrates but are getting paid way less.

Edit:  Someone on the discord said they were mining with a $4,500 rig using 1000W to make half as much BTM per day as a B3 running at 328W.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:53:47 PM

I think people need to wait before just looking at the hashrate of GPUs and jumping to conclusions.  GPUs are reporting similar hashrates but are getting paid way less.

Edit:  Someone on the discord said they were mining with a $4,500 rig using 1000W to make half as much BTM per day as a B3 running at 328W.

You only get paid for accepted shares...
munchies859

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

You only get paid for accepted shares...

While I don't have a GPU to check, I would assume this means their reject rates are much higher for whatever reason.  You see people posting about the reported hashrate without taking into account how many shares are being rejected. 
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:32:22 PM

Anybody yet converted payouts on Antpool?

Since earlier today i do not see anymore coins added to my account, i guess mostly due the ongoing Wallet adress conversation? Same for you guys?
hawkfish007

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:26:07 PM

Since earlier today i do not see anymore coins added to my account, i guess mostly due the ongoing Wallet adress conversation? Same for you guys?

My Antpool app is showing that my 4 B3s made 63.52 BTM so far today, it was much less at the earlier of the day so coins are being added to my account. I also received a payment to my BTM wallet, 10 more payments to go.

boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:02:10 AM

My Antpool app is showing that my 4 B3s made 63.52 BTM so far today, it was much less at the earlier of the day so coins are being added to my account. I also received a payment to my BTM wallet, 10 more payments to go.

yep, noticed the same, seems things are nearly back to normality now. Finally.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:09:12 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 07:34:40 AM by Sandal_Hat

Thats 10 revenue bucks a day, about 250 a month now profit. That 2nd batch was bad. This thing is no A3. Minimum 6 months at this rate to break even assuming no changes....

Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

I hope u are right Smiley
That would mean 2000w against 328w. Not as bad as someone reported earlier.

tompkt

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

how about profit now for B3?
Mo20
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
Merited by suchmoon (5), Longsnowsm (1), boxalex (1)

NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE

Bitmain just released two firmware updates (Assuming that both required to get all features). One for showing fan speed and reducing rejected shares and the other increases hash rate by ~33% avg !!!!!!!!!!! (Getting 1040 H/S Average and 0 rejected shares)

Simply go here https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720180519161243572MB78lOGz067A and download both firmwares. Flash you B3 with "Antminer-B3-20180519.tar.gz" first then after completing the upgrade flash it with "update_1000.tar.gz".

Please note that my B3's are running a bit hotter after the update also assuming that they're consuming more energy (Can someone confirm this please).

***NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS FIRMWARE BRICKED YOUR MINER. IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR MY MINERS***

Please give me some of them merits if this post helped you  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: