Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Expect the price to go lower  (Read 3036 times)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:19:42 PM

Someone's clearly panic selling today. I hope you all are snapping up the bargains!

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fastandfurious

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:21:53 PM

Someone's clearly panic selling today. I hope you all are snapping up the bargains!

Why is it a bargain?
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:25:14 PM

i missed the train.

now i learned not to transfer funds to my bank account on the weekend.

fastandfurious

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 07:30:23 PM

i missed the train.

You probably didn't miss anything, it will probably be under 8,70 dollars within a week if not faster.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:06:35 PM

i missed the train.

You probably didn't miss anything, it will probably be under 8,70 dollars within a week if not faster.

Huh?  I just picked some up for less than that (unless the exchange unwinds their books.)  I'm holding out for $5-ish and it seems like a distinct possibility (but I'm still giving less than a 50% chance.)

I suspect that a lot of the liquidity originated in Poland or MBC.com.  I figure that the criminals needed to divvy things up amongst various operatives who have accounts on the exchanges.  I hoped that some of them may be none-to-shrewd and would blow the price down to much at times.  I wanted to capitalize if so...and kept some powder dry for this purpose.

Did I do the right thing and there will be a rally when this all blows over?  Or will BTC prove to have to much of a sting and everyone bails?  Or???  Time will tell.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:12:23 PM

Of course, if you buy BTC as a currency instead of a speculative vehicle none of this matters much. Instead of sell, sell, sell, try spending your bitcoin. It will help make a more robust economy and you may find some bargains right now priced in bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jed

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 08:41:45 PM

Of course, if you buy BTC as a currency instead of a speculative vehicle none of this matters much. Instead of sell, sell, sell, try spending your bitcoin. It will help make a more robust economy and you may find some bargains right now priced in bitcoin.

Exactly!

Either you are actually using bitcoins and you don't care what the price is or you are speculating and then these crazy swings are just what you want.

stellar.org   |    twitter
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: