Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please suggest how token rate increase and decrease  (Read 121 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
enomcoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

I am really confused about how token rates increase and decrease. Someone said it depends on the token traders. They decide the rate, like how much they want to purchase for and how much they want to sell for. But when I asked cryptonex, they said it depends on floating. I am really confused now. If anyone can help me understanding that then I will be really glad and very much thankful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:08:24 AM

I'm not an expert trader but floating means.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-float-mean-in-trading

The token's rate are depending to the supply and demand.

Signature for rent
enomcoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 10:15:20 AM

I'm not an expert trader but floating means.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-float-mean-in-trading

The token's rate are depending to the supply and demand.

I saw your link. All I understand is, floating is the total number of shares that are available for public trade. But I still do not understand, how it can control token price up-down? I mean, how it really matters?
shashikamal

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:20:36 PM

As i understand there can be specific & a few reasons behind it. If a supply is law there is a possibility to to rise the price of a token. Supply & demand has a effect too. If more demand on a coin can give a spike of the coin price. Strong news, updates & developments of the project by the company is a hint for price hike. Apart from all this total market is depend on BTC movements. When BTC is on the go all the other ALTS are increasing parallel & decreasing when BTC is at down trend. Whales too can manipulate the price at some stages. Government or global rules can  effect for the price as well. So there are many reasons. But these price actions are important facts to be considered if you are particularly a trader. Don't chase for the price movements. It's uncontrollable.

BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:40:10 PM

I am really confused about how token rates increase and decrease. Someone said it depends on the token traders.

You mean how the prices change? Well, it is a market so if many people want tokens and there is a limited amount, sellers will ask for a higher price. For example if everyone all the sudden wants oranges, the supermarkets will sell them more expensive.

As for a more detailed explanation, tokens are very different in nature, some of them represent projects that will change a service for the token, other provide pasive income... so the price will depend on the price of ethereum in general, but also on the perspectives of the token being valuable.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:33:22 PM

Tokens like coins are affected by market forces (demand and supply). Trading volume in exchange also determines the value. A lower volume makes the currency prone to manipulations by whales
News and updates also affects the price

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: