Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My idea about BCT account registration  (Read 132 times)
_Username_ (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:11:30 PM

I'm just a new member in this forum and as I can see it's very easy for everyone to create a new account and go around spam everything they want in here.

I think why don't we add some questions into registration form? For now, there are a lot of groups on Facebook are doing the same like this, if anyone want to join their group they need to answer some questions and admin of these groups will check these answer then they'll decide who can join the group. I feel like it's an interview.

I think we should create a list of question related to cryptocurrency and new member need to provide right answer for at least 2 or 3 questions if they want to create a new account in here.

I know Moderators and admin have a lot of work need to solve everyday but is it possible?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:21:48 PM

I think we should create a list of question related to cryptocurrency and new member need to provide right answer for at least 2 or 3 questions if they want to create a new account in here.

The answers to all the questions would quickly appear on Twitter and YouTube, so I'm afraid I fail to see how this suggestion would prevent people from signing up multiple accounts.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:27:39 PM

Questions aren't an effective way of doing it as they are easily answered and automated and no one wants to go researching complicated questions when they are new to a community.

The only way you would prevent the current situation would be limiting logins. But then the bots would out way the amount of real people that are trying to sign up and would hinder the actual users.

I don't know what can be done other than removing signatures and banning bounties. Thats the only real solution which would prevent 90% of our problems. Yes there will still be spam that not to the degree which it is currently. Lets be honest signature campaigns have ruined the community. I don't really blame users wanting to earn money but at least put some effort into your "job".
_Username_ (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:31:51 PM

The answers to all the questions would quickly appear on Twitter and YouTube, so I'm afraid I fail to see how this suggestion would prevent people from signing up multiple accounts.
Questions aren't an effective way of doing it as they are easily answered and automated and no one wants to go researching complicated questions when they are new to a community.

The only way you would prevent the current situation would be limiting logins. But then the bots would out way the amount of real people that are trying to sign up and would hinder the actual users.

I don't know what can be done other than removing signatures and banning bounties. Thats the only real solution which would prevent 90% of our problems. Yes there will still be spam that not to the degree which it is currently. Lets be honest signature campaigns have ruined the community. I don't really blame users wanting to earn money but at least put some effort into your "job".

But how if moderators give different random questions for each new member and the list of registration questions will be changed every month or week. I think it can help although just a little bit.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

But how if moderators give different random questions for each new member and the list of registration questions will be changed every month or week. I think it can help although just a little bit.
You just can't imagine but those who earns their living here by spamming and farming, they would solve this problem, with a little bit of coding, most of the systems like this can be easily bypassed.
There's no use changing the questions, because as soon as an answer has been found, the bots will easily answer it from the very next moment, so we need something really different.
I know that IP address can also be a unique identifier, but VPNs are hiding the people's real IP address and also a few people, using the same VPN service provider can share the same IP address, so that's also can be tricky to rely on the IP or not...
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:29:13 PM

I'm just a new member in this forum and as I can see it's very easy for everyone to create a new account and go around spam everything they want in here.

I think why don't we add some questions into registration form? For now, there are a lot of groups on Facebook are doing the same like this, if anyone want to join their group they need to answer some questions and admin of these groups will check these answer then they'll decide who can join the group. I feel like it's an interview.

I know Moderators and admin have a lot of work need to solve everyday but is it possible?

Are you talking about a school/college/university admission test? LOL

Mate this is a forum not an educational institute  Cheesy

Genuine people come here not to give answers about cryptocurrency, they come here to get answers and to have better understanding about cryptocurrency.

PS: Not talking about the bounty spammers.   

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:32:03 PM

Not that good, because yes there are spammers and whatnot but there are also legit users who are interested in bitcoin and crypto in general and they'd be blocked simply by that quiz at the start.

EDIT: mdayonliner, post above, explained it better. Grin

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
_Username_ (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:39:42 PM

Are you talking about a school/college/university admission test? LOL

Mate this is a forum not an educational institute  Cheesy

Genuine people come here not to give answers about cryptocurrency, they come here to get answers and to have better understanding about cryptocurrency.

PS: Not talking about the bounty spammers.   
Not that good, because yes there are spammers and whatnot but there are also legit users who are interested in bitcoin and crypto in general and they'd be blocked simply by that quiz at the start.
EDIT: mdayonliner, post above, explained it better. Grin
Thank you guys for pointing out the disadvantages of this idea Grin. I think I should lock this topic asap Grin.

Maybe next time if I have any new idea I should ask other people before creating a topic in here Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: