Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys dont want to say anything , but metroid might be right :)  (Read 301 times)
N0pr3s3n7 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:01:03 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-devs-publish-upgrade-proposal-to-move-network-away-from-mining-related-issues

topic says it enough , we might see ice age for all AMD cards till the end of the year. Basically a big drop on all profits across all coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:04:10 AM

no other coins to mine.

hehe.
N0pr3s3n7 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:06:18 AM

no other coins to mine.

hehe.
of course there are but difficulty will probably sky rocket. Lets assume that lowering 5x the rewards mean that the difficulty should lower 5x times in order to keep the same profits for miners after casper is implemented. That being said this portion of miners would probably split on other coins and this would raise the difficulty for other coins => lower profit for Nvidia miners for example. Smiley
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:20:00 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 01:42:01 AM by Vann

That article, as well as this topic is just click bait. If you actually follow the Ethereum Foundation developer meetings and Casper POS fork development, rather than taking random quotes out of context, you would know they are nowhere near a full implementation of Casper. In fact in the developer meeting last Friday they seemed rather open to the idea of forking the network if the ASIC threat and community justified it, even if it was just an experiment to see how much the network hash rate would be affected by that move. The problem is too little factual information on the ETH ASIC's is known at this point to make an informed decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKumx5CIA-k&feature=youtu.be&t=1909
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:11:30 PM

"Bitmain ETH ASIC" is not an ASIC, look here for some hard data:
https://blog.bitmex.com/nextstageinmining/
And POS is a highly dubious, potentially dangerous and hard to implement IDEA
https://blog.bitmex.com/complete-guide-to-proof-of-stake-ethereums-latest-proposal-vitalik-buterin-interview/
Also, a move to POS would make ETH tokens fall into "securities" category.
https://news.bitcoin.com/ether-ripple-doomed-as-securities-according-to-regulation-expert/
I think ETH POS will not become a reality any time soon.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:27:29 PM

"Bitmain ETH ASIC" is not an ASIC, look here for some hard data:
https://blog.bitmex.com/nextstageinmining/

The e3 is just a trojan horse hiding the true f3 eth asic on bitmain warehouses. The e3 was created to simply hide the fact the f3 exists, so eth devs would just see the e3 as "is not a threat to the network" and to send a message to eth devs that changing the algorithm will not brick the e3, meaning that was especially designed to be an amazing trojan horse. As I said before, I knew bitmain would launch something else to hide the fact the f3 exists, so eth devs would just accept the fact that "its okay to leave the e3 be" and eth devs are falling for it hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

I don't know what more everybody would like to see in order to understand.

I have got a question:
When Innosilicon, Halong and Baikal produced ALL that miners for Monero ?
In the last 3 months ? Naahhh

They were selling at 10.000 $ the unit that may be it cost them 1000$ for a small profit of 9000 $.
At that time a 240Kh mining with monero was producing around 1.3 $ a day/1 kh so something like 250 $ a day.
So, in 18 days they made the same money than selling the goods they produced.

They did it when the words got out to some Monero Dev.

Same thing is happening here on Etash but:
I haven't see a % pool distribution of etash
If they really want to check, it just take to follow the same route  used  for Al Capone . Everything is in the Blockchain.
List all the nodes, list all the nodes by value, in october 2017. And then list them now. And compare
or just see all the transaction above 100 ethereum, or ask Nanopool & ethermine & supernova , there is plenty of way.
Fact is, they aren't doing it And that said something

So, I agree 100 % that the 800 $ RIG is just a cover up.

I don't think I can do nothing more than mining Monero and never come back, unless they fork
kopija

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:20:06 PM

Why is hashrate decreasing then? It should be going upupup as Bitmain adds your mythical asics.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:22:09 PM

The e3 is just a trojan horse hiding the true f3 eth asic on bitmain warehouses. The e3 was created to simply hide the fact the f3 exists, so eth devs would just see the e3 as "is not a threat to the network" and to send a message to eth devs that changing the algorithm will not brick the e3, meaning that was especially designed to be an amazing trojan horse. As I said before, I knew bitmain would launch something else to hide the fact the f3 exists, so eth devs would just accept the fact that "its okay to leave the e3 be" and eth devs are falling for it hehe

You constantly spout this garbage without a shred of proof behind it. Until you can prove it with FACTS you really shouldnt spread this tin foil hat garbage.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:36:23 PM

Kopija, I don't see the hashrate decreasing but increasing since november 2017.
I'm reading it wrong ?

kopija

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

Kopija, I don't see the hashrate decreasing but increasing since november 2017.
I'm reading it wrong ?

Of course it was increasing, everybody and their grandmother were buying new gpus in that period.
Just check the Nvidia sales in that article I linked.
It peaked in May and decreased in April.

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:44:28 PM

Im just going to sit here mining Eth until something real happens. Lots of worrying about the future of Eth. Who cares though. Lots of other nice Ethash coins to mine anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: