Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Block Erupter Blade  (Read 480 times)
stacksmasher (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:37:16 AM

Can anyone point me to a "SOLO" mining tutorial? These blades are super easy to setup for pool mining but SOLO mining seems to be a challenge.  If I get it working ill post a super simple tutorial.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Stack
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kleva

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:55:38 AM

Why solo?
Those are about 10.7GH/s blades if overclocked and, even though quite fast, a solo miner on current difficulty will only expect to crack a single block in over 2800 days (7 years or so), by which time the reward per block will have dropped at least twice, so maybe a 8 btc reward if lucky, and the difficulty would have also gone up exponentially. And thats only if the block you working on turns out to be valid.

Unless you working with 2TH/s or better, I would stay away from solo mining or you will never get any results and the equipment would just eat up electricity.
stacksmasher (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:15:02 AM

I have always been a lucky guy...  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: