Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:42:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Alt-Coin to Start Investing Into?  (Read 11925 times)
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:48:31 PM

Long time trader here,

Right now BTC is at a low and is going to start growing again. These hearings have been positive, and this means Altcoins will usually fall against BTC (but still rise in USD).

Even so their are some historically strong coins with active communities and specifications. If I were to invest into Altcoin I would diversify approximately this way:

25%MEC 20%DGC 15%ANC 25%LTC 7.5%PPC 7.5%XPM

Guaranteed to make profit, Likely even in BTC.

Good Luck

What is MEC? Mega coin?
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:49:33 PM

Long time trader here,

Right now BTC is at a low and is going to start growing again. These hearings have been positive, and this means Altcoins will usually fall against BTC (but still rise in USD).

Even so their are some historically strong coins with active communities and specifications. If I were to invest into Altcoin I would diversify approximately this way:

25%MEC 20%DGC 15%ANC 25%LTC 7.5%PPC 7.5%XPM

Guaranteed to make profit, Likely even in BTC.

Good Luck

What is MEC? Mega coin?
Yes, it is megacoin.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:04:26 PM

Alt coins so far add absolutely nothing substancial to the idea of a crypto-currency. They range from complete rip-offs to changes like in pow or in the hashing algorithm. On top of that most of them were created as pump and dump schemes.
Yurizhai

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:12:32 PM

Alt coins so far add absolutely nothing substancial to the idea of a crypto-currency. They range from complete rip-offs to changes like in pow or in the hashing algorithm. On top of that most of them were created as pump and dump schemes.

This is not true for all alt coins. Some of them offer genuinely different features.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:14:25 PM

Alt coins so far add absolutely nothing substantial to the idea of a crypto-currency.

That's like saying BMW didn't bring anything substantial to the auto industry. Heck, we already had Fords.

Your broad sweeping statement basically insults thousands of community members and software developers working to better their own individual cryptocurrencies.  In the case of Goldcoin we've invented a 51% attack defense something not yet present in Bitcoin.

And there are countless other innovations being introduced by other coins.
Yurizhai

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:40:38 PM

What's up with some of these altcoins with almost unlimited supply? It seems that the attraction to bitcoin is that there's a definite number of coins and they can act as a store of value over time.

It depends on how its done. Some of them kinda make no sense, others look to have unlimited coins at first but really don't like Peercoin.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:59:51 PM

afternoon coin whores,

most alts are likely to worth 0, but I can tell you what are in my stash, they have the most chance to survive, reasons are:

LTC - the classic alt, has acceptances
PPC - the original POS
XPM - the original prime mining
Ripple - I got a chunk on the first giveaway, so I sit on it too lazy to covert to btc
MasterCoin - aka the greed coin
PTS - I don't have it but it might be something

well 2012-2013 were all about new schemes of money distribution coins, I think 2014 will be the coins for distributed exchange/smart property and what not

honestly, when BTC hit 10k$ by the end of 2015, I could no care less of alts live or die.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:05:20 AM

Most altcoins are just clones worth 0.

But there are some which are different and some work has been put in. Maybe these might be used in future, who knows
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:14:34 AM

That's like saying BMW didn't bring anything substantial to the auto industry. Heck, we already had Fords.

Your broad sweeping statement basically insults thousands of community members and software developers working to better their own individual cryptocurrencies.

The fact that you use cars to make an analogy with decentralized digital crypto currencies indicates that you have no understanding of what's going on whatsoever.
Thinking of bitcoin and altcoins as different brands of a product is what is insulting, if it wasn't so ridiculous per se.

In the case of Goldcoin we've invented a 51% attack defense something not yet present in Bitcoin.

Go fill a patent before another brand or a patent troll steals your invention.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:16:58 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 02:04:16 AM by MicroGuy

Let's not forget that the Bitcoin developer abandoned the project ENTIRELY and disappeared 2 year ago!

The fact that you use cars to make an analogy with decentralized digital crypto currencies indicates that you have no understanding of what's going on whatsoever.

Consumers WILL look at these coins as brands just as they do Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

Go fill a patent before another brand or a patent troll steals your invention.

We welcome others to use it. It's something called "open source".  Huh
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:36:44 AM

just curious, but exactly HOW MANY of those GoldCoin meme's do you have?  Shocked Huh  Cheesy

PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:40:07 AM

Consumers WILL look at these coins as brands just as they do Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

Even if you consider just the payment processing nature of crypto currencies alt coins doesn't bring anything important to the table.
For example some coins bet on faster confirmations but that proved to be not enough.

Also it seems that you are missing out something very important. Consumers are here already and they don't use altcoins. Only speculators do.
So no. Consumers don't and WILL NOT look at these coins as Visa and Mastercard.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:40:30 AM

just curious, but exactly HOW MANY of those GoldCoin meme's do you have?  Shocked Huh  Cheesy

Not enough. I follow my own advice and slowly average in over the long term.

Consumers are here already and they don't use altcoins. Only speculators do.

Wrong again. There's an upcoming Bitcoin Magazine article featuring a painter that accepts Goldcoin for his artwork. We're still early here in the game. Welcome to the cutting edge of reality.
lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:30:00 AM

Buy a bit of everything.

Remember that guy who turned $27 into $1 million.

That only works if you buy the coins when they are like fractions of a cent.

roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:23:20 PM

This is not true for all alt coins. Some of them offer genuinely different features.

Datacoin, which has just popped up in the last couple of days is a simple concept with really interesting implications. I can imagine it starting a whole new wave of coins specifically for storing different sets/types of data.

Coins for distributed computation like primecoin and curecoin are also really interesting, although I think these are more for altruism than profit.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:33:39 PM

Even the new none clone coins aren't that different to the end user.  CureCoin could be good, at least it is doing something useful with the processing power.
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:58:40 PM

SecureCoin [-SRC-] @ .00029!*imo* Looks like a legit dev team on board here!!!!

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/88

Wink

---hold tight!---
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:09:24 PM

YAC has traded today on a 100% range on bter.com. There was a difficulty change yesterday and miners have suddenly stopped pumping coins, so there's little sales.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 09:05:15 AM

So what makes DGC or ANC have edge over likes of PPC XPM and LTC?

Atm investin in LTC XPM PPC and soon pumping some to MEC.
Jeremiah2911

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:41:44 AM

Bitcoin is number 1, however I just bought some Litecoin, am interested in Peercoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: