Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do with 25 bitcoins?  (Read 2925 times)
elena_extraordinaire

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:25:15 PM

To be honest, I would pay off my student loans or give my parents the gift of a new house in a safe community.

is $20k USD enough to buy your parents a new house where you live?

It depends. Where I live (the middle of nowhere), housing can be really cheap, especially if you know where to look. Also, given that my mother is gradually losing her sight, a one-storey home would probably be best. Most of those tend to be small modular homes or mobile homes but some of them are very pretty and seem to suit a retired couple perfectly. I know.. it doesn't seem much but I just want my parents to be happy Smiley
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:03:29 PM

Bet it all.
In bitcoinsports.eu!! ;p I see you are taking brand promotion really seriously. Cheesy

Some like to gamble, make 1.000 BTC out of 25 BTC would be real change in my live, and when initial bankrol is free, you can just freerolling
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:17:59 PM

But it depends you could also loss 25 of yours... its gambling .. but yes if you could do that, then you'll be gambling KING Cheesy
SquashJ

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

But it depends you could also loss 25 of yours... its gambling .. but yes if you could do that, then you'll be gambling KING Cheesy

I got up to 65 BTC from 0.1 BTC before, when the total value was something like £9,500. Withdrew £300 to my bank, spend £500 on random Bitcoin services, and spent £200 giving away Steam games. Then I gambled the rest and lost it, it's not a good feeling... But life goes on.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4506

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:54:22 PM

I'd divide them into 6 equal parts and add them to the 6 paper wallets with my other hoarded coins, one wallet for each of my nieces and nephews in case I drop dead before I need to sell any satoshis in my old age.
bobbit

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:00:36 PM

I'd have a new well drilled. I'm so tired of hauling water, but it looks like there is no end in sight to it.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

I would definitely invest it in something. I would also block all gambling sites before I think of anything stupid Tongue.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:22:56 PM

I'd have a new well drilled. I'm so tired of hauling water, but it looks like there is no end in sight to it.

Seems interesting, Bitcoiner hauling water because his well is broken ? Seems we are mainstream already  Tongue

bobbit

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:32:11 PM

Seems interesting, Bitcoiner hauling water because his well is broken ? Seems we are mainstream already  Tongue

Yeah, I'm small time, wish I had money to invest. Unfortunately everything goes to getting more self sufficient, or repairing broken things. Just had to replace a heater core and radiator, took the last of my meager BTC...then the well went dry, seems the original owners skimped and didn't locate the well in the best spot. Now I haul water about 1/4 mile and fill a tank because the oney just isn't there to drill a new 700 ft well Sad but the dream of someday having water close keeps me going Smiley because at almost 50 yrs old, it will get harder each day.

I'm glad to see BTC becoming more mainstream, but some are so hard to convince
bobbit

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:18:50 PM

You can, but it doesn't do so well...I think I received .00009 or so.
I'm going to start hitting up the faucets again...just like water, a little trickle helps Smiley I had stopped using faucets because I felt it was for the guys just getting started with bitcoin, and I didn't want to be a cause of depletion for them.
I also started requesting altcoins in the giveaway threads, but after more reflection on that today, I don't think I will continue that, because if I don't really support the coin fully, I'd feel like a "cheat", know what I mean? I don't think it's fair to the givers, or to other receivers. Thanks

Yeah, I'm small time, wish I had money to invest. Unfortunately everything goes to getting more self sufficient, or repairing broken things. Just had to replace a heater core and radiator, took the last of my meager BTC...then the well went dry, seems the original owners skimped and didn't locate the well in the best spot. Now I haul water about 1/4 mile and fill a tank because the oney just isn't there to drill a new 700 ft well Sad but the dream of someday having water close keeps me going Smiley because at almost 50 yrs old, it will get harder each day.

I'm glad to see BTC becoming more mainstream, but some are so hard to convince

Mind if I put your well fund in my signature?
renaxi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:32:35 PM

I would save 15 of them, for some years.
Would use another 5 to give my parents a skiing holiday.
The last 5 i would use for day trading.

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

All-in on black

Haha that's tricky. Would be sweet to walk away with 50 coins.
bobbit

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:28:23 PM

I would save 15 of them, for some years.
Would use another 5 to give my parents a skiing holiday.
The last 5 i would use for day trading.

That's cool. Your parents looked out for you for years, it's nice to see them have it returned! I bet they would appreciate it.
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:53:19 PM

All-in on black

And repeat until you or betting site is broke. It is free afterall  Tongue

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:23:46 PM

All-in on black

And repeat until you or betting site is broke. It is free afterall  Tongue

That would basically leave you with nothing Tongue.
metaverse22

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:26:09 PM

With 25 BTC, I'll keep it until exhange rate of 1 BTC to 1 USD is 1:50000  Wink
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:51:25 PM

I would keep half and for the other one I would buy some land and plant fruits.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
We_love_Bitcoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

I'll save them for a while till they grow up. Then donate them to an animal rights charity Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: