Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest Miners?  (Read 3861 times)
Darkdata (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:32:18 AM

I've been looking around for some miners for the cheapest miners , no not the Sapphire erupters or Bluefury USB Sticks

Anything really with liek 50GH/s + ?
Saw an avalon for $1900 or so on ebay , was a 100GH/s
.... Anyone find anything cheap?
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 08:03:53 AM

They have group buys alot.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:07:31 PM

I've been looking around for some miners for the cheapest miners , no not the Sapphire erupters or Bluefury USB Sticks

.... Anyone find anything cheap?

I believe you are trying to ask the cheapest miners which give the most GH? You can try cointerra and blackarrow... they are offering 1-2TH ASIC which is among the cheapest per GH... But I can't guarantee if they delay their shipment or not....

miningdude

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Have a mining rig

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:25:45 PM

Based on almost all the calculations out there, buying coins will net you a greater return, due to the increase in mining difficulty caused by the ASIC arms race. If you absolutely must mine, just build yourself a custom desktop with a couple of GPU's and mine one of the scrypt based currencies like Litecoin. You're more likely to get a return on your investment. And, if mining becomes unprofitable, at least you'll have some off the shelf PC hardware to re-purpose or sell instead of an ASIC paperweight. Check out www.coinminingrigs.com for a full guide on building a GPU rig, setting up the mining software, etc.
AvalonMiner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:31:40 PM

I would suggest mining at cex.io its pretty cheap and you start mining within minutes and considering how fast the price is increasing right now its well worth it Cheesy
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:40:05 PM

I would suggest mining at cex.io its pretty cheap and you start mining within minutes and considering how fast the price is increasing right now its well worth it Cheesy

Do not do Cex.io.  Any "share" is basically guaranteed to depreciate, so you'll likely never be able to buy a GH and sell it back for any higher than you paid.  Plus right now individual GH's are worth a pittance for actual mining, ~36GH will generate around .03 BTC/day (if you are lucky), right now that'd cost around 2.88BTC.  With depreciation, again, you'll be lucky to get back what you pay in, even with mining dividends.

Mining is very tricky right now.  Definitely look to purchase in fiat (USD, Euro) and measure 'profit' in the BTC generated.  More or less anyone charging a set BTC price will benefit a lot more than you when purchasing hardware from them, so look for something that is fixed price.  For example, folks are selling the AM cubes for 1.75BTC.  In early October that was ~$250, as of right now on Gox prices it is $1155.  If possible, also, when purchasing (in fiat!) try to make sure you are purchasing via Paypal or a credit card so you have a company to fall back on if your vendor/reseller doesn't deliver or refuses a refund when they aren't providing product.

The advice about Scrypt is solid too, if you already have hardware and can add an AMD 7970/7950 to it you'll do much better than purchasing any of the "shipping" asics for BTC right now.
Matumaru

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:53:42 PM

Talking about total price I would go for www.bitmine.ch or www.advancedminers.com

In the case of $/Gh Cointerra leads the table, but you would mind the time until Jan/Feb 2014

Plus, you have a comparison table at> mining.thegenesisblock.com

PS: Don't forget www.blackarrowsoftware.com but again... Wait.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: