Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i copy the ID & PW on a paper?  (Read 525 times)
Bughah

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:36:01 AM

Yes, if you want to, you want to copy your ID password and paper. It will certainly give us the advantage. We will be able to use it when we forget our password id and paper wallet. But in this case we have to save our password ID secretly. This is certainly an intellectual job.

Yes you can save it in the paper but it is that safe. If you want to secure your ID and password you have it to the most secure one though the notes in the phone and a flash drive is ok.

If  you save your ID and password in the paper there is a tendency that it might be lost. Why don't you just save your password and ID in the most secure one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:49:31 AM

Yes but if it is safe with you and store it in a safe place. I recomend you to have your passwords carefully. However, you haven't mentioned whether it is a wallet password or a normal id and password, what ever me the reason, writing you password in a paper is good as far as the paper is kept safely.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:36:58 AM

nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

I do organize my account details in a simple excel work book and encrypt it and backed up from a personal usb. I suggest that you store yours in any form that you can easily access too and would be secure enough for you to not lost it and be not accessible to others.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 07:13:43 AM

I suggest that you should use a file encrypter if you want it to save in your computer drive then if want to write in paper or what
password and usernames
then write it except for password write the password hint not the plain password.

in encryption of file there is a sort of key to be able to decrypt the file in that way you can protect your data from external factors.

sd
riuzfairus

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:18:15 AM

If you want to copy your ID and PW it's a good thing, because if you do not remember ID and PW one day you'll need the paper you wrote.
gajebo

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:30:47 AM

I think it's perfectly safe if you write your password and id on paper, because if your computer or laptop is damaged and you forget your password and ID you will not panic because you've written on paper and kept it in a safe place but it is easy to remember.
Ajeng07

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:52:51 AM

You can save it on a usb or hard disk, I think it's more secure, and can be opened at any time if you forget, you can also write your ID and Password in the book important note you, because by saving your important notes in the book that's very safe.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:01:23 AM

you actually can, but keep it safe
Ptrck

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:07:41 AM

That's the precious thing we shouldn't lost of. If I were you, take patience to print it out and keep it into something you'll always remember. Anyways, some browser can help you save your password or keep you logged-in but its quite risky at some instance.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually
I have written all mine in paper,and i put it all together with my legal documents and my last will and testament so if ever comes in my unexpected death or accidental all my assets o funds here will surely comes to my family,thats how i secure my things here
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:39:09 PM

Copying or writing down ID and password of your wallet is not a bad idea.
but keep in mind that you must store it in the safe place. otherwise, your paper will be lost easily.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:15:52 PM

Saving your important passwords and private keys are good. But then you will need a powerful safe to store them in so as not to lose them due to flooding or fire outbreaks. Do what I do. Open a fresh email account. Then save your passwords and important private key and documents in the drafts of the email. Ensure you don't use this email for any website. Don't use it for sign ups anywhere to reduce the chances of it getting hacked. You should be fine.
Oh well, it's much better to take time to write it up and save it in your filing records, instead of doing this, since you are saving important information
then better to make it more secure, having it save inside your email is not a good idea, hackers are just around and they can do everything to hack
even the safest email that we have, so instead of doing that better to take time and do it manually and if possible you can ask some assistance from
your love ones and together you can save it safer place.
german1080

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

It is always advisable to print all IDs and passwords on paper, make several copies and save in different places to be more secure
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:30:13 PM

It's your choice,but if you want to save private key wallet don't write on paper. Everyone know it's too long,don't do useless thing.

metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

yes, I think that's the best way to manually write a Private Key from a bitcoin account or something else, only if you feel it's important, rather than regrets later when you lose the softcopy of all those accounts

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
gdcoin273

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

Write them down to save them. At the same time, when you put the keywords can use only you know. You can add a nonsense keyword to your keyword. Make sure you remember that distinctive feature. Good luck
engwenqu01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:40:12 AM

Of course you can write him on paper, but how long can you keep a piece of paper? This method is still not safe enough. I feel that it is safer and more convenient to use password encryption on the hard disk.
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:23:25 AM

i keep all my passwords on secured usb flash, also created a file with password in it
And keep it in my closet, or near PC, not in my usb drive
lajigly

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:10:32 PM

Not safe. The best way to do this is to save it yourself, save it for a long period of time, and make multiple backups. This is the safest way.
arion6868 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:02:24 PM

Not safe. The best way to do this is to save it yourself, save it for a long period of time, and make multiple backups. This is the safest way.
thank you so much for leaving me an idea to save it, i had anxiously disquiet about this, at first im quite clumsy, so hope to seek a better solution to solve my problem, i had lost once my first bitcoin wallet which is registered at 2010
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: