Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be cute when bitcoin shatters and gets destroyed  (Read 9153 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:01:13 PM

They know once they have the infrastructure in place they can track every single transaction that a person makes, and in the process they would have eliminated "cash" the only true form of anonymity.

They may be able to track transactions that pass through their network but that won't be all transactions.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:01:50 PM

Ripple lols no, I'll give you the name so you can keep a look out for it on the alt currency thread, or even stop by to the site.

eMunie, you can join the people and get involved at forum.emunie.com

So, It's closed source. The white paper was already "coming soon" in June. Explanations of how e.g. distribution or verifier trust works on the forum are both complex and hand-wavy at the same time. Some examples of that:
[Trust calculation] Currently works on transaction volume & emu volume with an average transaction processing performance over time. Ping ponging transactions between controlled clients/hatchers is detected by Stochastic and Markov models that are using in AI application to spot seeming random patterns
new eMu is created in the system due to a direct demand signal from the system. That demand signal is generated by the p2p exchange when someone wants to acquire eMu but there are not enough sellers available within a determined spread (~10%) of the current system buy price to honor the deal. At this point the system will create new supply and spread that around the system as per the system rules (hatching earnings)

Now, I'm sure you can find similarly vague posts about bitcoin on this forum. The difference is that intelligent people did not get enthusiastic about Bitcoin because of those messages, but because of A) Satoshis easy to understand yet complete whitepaper and possibly B) by looking at the source code.

So I'm curious, how exactly did you decide emunie is the real deal?

He decided that after buying lots of them: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php/topic/420-ann-emunie-pre-launch-sale-details-information-draft/
And probably got a beta invite to premine some too.  Grin

closed source (for all we know it could be a fancy wallet stealer or full of security holes), selling coins upfront & trying to create a big buzz -> smells like a scam

Yeah lets hang around here for 6 months, and create something totally new just to scam you guys...seriously...if the goal was to scam I could of done that back in May with all the Alt Coin surge.

I guess instead of using common logic its just much easier to point fingers and form wild accusations.

You know what pisses me off the most....someone, me, is actually TRYING to create something different, doesn't matter if it succeeds or not, yet all people like you do is come out with pitchforks and burning me at the stake when really all it take is a bit of respect and a show of "I wont be participating, but good luck and points for trying!".

Is that so hard?  And while we are at it what have you ever done other than wank over a picture of your ego along with the rest of them here?
Giving respect for someone trying to get rich on the back of others by giving them wrong information? If you wouldn't care if it succeeds or not, if you wouldn't do this just for the money, you would release the source code. Sunny also tries new things, spends a lot of his time on his coins, but he releases the source code from the beginning. The guy even refuses to accept donations, contrary to you who sells coins before the whole thing is even running.

If you would just try to make something different, you would have my respect just like I have respect for the devs that made the few legit alts out there.

Because wait please explain to me the benefit of waiting 30 hours to make sure my order is confirmed instead of a few seconds using a credit card?
I ordered some food today and paid with BTC through bitpay, luckily it didn't take 30 hours, after 30min I had my food delivered at home.
1 confirmation takes +-10min  Roll Eyes

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:08:23 PM

Not everything is about money you know, I don't need to get rich from this, I have enough for my own needs, and I could quite easily go and earn 6-7 figure yearly incomes from contracting and consulting, but I chose to do this, because I believe I can do something better!

However, an endevour such as this I can not fund myself entirely...I've paid for the development, I do this 24/7 and live off money I have earned in the past, I wont be holding anywhere near the majority eMu when it is launched, infact I'll be a minor holder.

Crypto nerds are not my one and only demographic, sorry to point this out, but BCT isn't the center of the world.  There are another 7B people on this planet outside of this forum, THEY are demographic that matter for success and to grab their attention will cost a lot more than I personally have available to invest, even if I used it ALL.  If I could I'd love nothing more to self fund entirely, but I can't.

Sometimes great things need a show of faith and external support past the person attempting it, otherwise we are all stuck in the dark ages.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:31:42 PM

I am going to destroy BitCON (there is no light, it is fatally doomed as it lacks distribution) and you will buy from me.

So your new altcoin is going to be centralised then?

Of course not.

Congress arguably made jailbreaking iPhones a felony several months back. Not only jailbreaking iPhones, but also rooting Androids, and any number of other not-uncommon operations to numerous types of devices. I forget the specific verbiage, but it was something along the lines of 'countermand any intentionally manufacturer-imposed restriction to enable otherwise disabled functionality'.

It was one small clause in a rather large bill to get those evil terrrists.

A felony.

Rasberry-Pi here we come...

...those government fools will never learn they can't stop the innovation.

3D printing will improve. Decentralization of manufacture will increase.

Fuck Obama and every other lame (as in more harmful than useless) government bureaucrat.

Maternity leave for men anyone? (Obamacare requirement)

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/18/maternity-leave-for-men/
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/17/obamacare-just-brain-dead/

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:33:58 PM

You don't need to invest any money, have an old desktop computer that you use? Laptop? Just run the client and make some coin. End of the day if it turns out it's a horrendous scam/fail, didn't lose much besides some electricity.
Sorry, but no thanks. There are enough warning signs here that I'm not running a binary like that without setting up a VM... and that would be much more work than I could see myself putting into this. All the power to you if you make a fortune out of it, but my common sense is saying "keep your distance".

Would you run if it was Javascript + Java applet running in the browser's sandbox?

Surely you don't run every website in a VM.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:36:14 PM

I am okay with skepticism. I was trying to explain why you all felt it necessary to taunt him about your superior profits.

That is why I taunted you so you would know how unproductive, mindless, and childish that tit-for-tat is.

What is amazing (well not) is how bitCONers will put themselves in prison just because the better altcoin hasn't arrived yet.

But exponential ponzi gains driving dopamine spikes atrophies the brain, so it is easy to understand their lack of research and self-discipline.

In any case, we will all be happier and better off once that altcoin comes. And it won't be very long from now, probably before Xmas.

Because Fanboys have shatterable egos, ask all the Apple fanboys. They get massive butthurt when you speak against their "precious" and as a typical blind fanboy instead of coming up with proper arguments, they go for attacks on the individual, as doing so makes the words written less true in their brains infected with butthurt lol.

Please feel free to fill-out the butthurt form and submit

Hilarious. Good one.

I hope they realized why it is the butt that hurts (as in fanboys bend over for their religion).

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:40:55 PM

By having general trust in a real person, not Satoshi an anonymous enigma.

Right. I saw that on the forums, people seem to trust the word of this developer without any external confirmation... RealSolid and solidcoin come to mind.

A year or so later when it's open source you can go and read the code. I'm excited about is instant transaction, messaging, exchange, no expensive hardware, no 51% attack, and all the other massive features.
Sure, those sound interesting. It's just that it's harder to actually implement them than it is to claim to have implemented them. With this sort of info I would personally _never_ invest money or or time on something like this but I wish you guys all the best.

Agreed that is easy to make claims and vaporware and difficult to actually achieve in code.

But investing your spare computer to mine at launch doesn't cost you much, so it is no brainer if you have the slightest bit of confidence in the outfit.

Especially if many of the coins will be minted in the early period.

Lets hope the outfit is in it for the long-haul and will actually buy their own coins, if the FX price is too low. I plan on doing that on my coin. I will not let the price fall too low, if everyone wants to sell me all the coins at too low of prices then fine. I don't think I will be able to buy them cheaply though.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:42:25 PM

Whether you use eMunie or not is up to you, but please don't insult me by judging the pie before you've tasted it.

Unintentional irony from the guy who has judged the pie good before tasting it. 
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:46:07 PM

Sounds like a troll lol

Using that word "troll" lowers your credibility. Stay on point instead.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:47:20 PM

Whether you use eMunie or not is up to you, but please don't insult me by judging the pie before you've tasted it.

Unintentional irony from the guy who has judged the pie good before tasting it. 

No ones tasted the pie yet, it's not finished...unless you like to take pies out the oven half baked and have a bite.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:47:23 PM

Not everything is about money you know, I don't need to get rich from this, I have enough for my own needs, and I could quite easily go and earn 6-7 figure yearly incomes from contracting and consulting, but I chose to do this, because I believe I can do something better!

However, an endevour such as this I can not fund myself entirely...I've paid for the development, I do this 24/7 and live off money I have earned in the past, I wont be holding anywhere near the majority eMu when it is launched, infact I'll be a minor holder.

Crypto nerds are not my one and only demographic, sorry to point this out, but BCT isn't the center of the world.  There are another 7B people on this planet outside of this forum, THEY are demographic that matter for success and to grab their attention will cost a lot more than I personally have available to invest, even if I used it ALL.  If I could I'd love nothing more to self fund entirely, but I can't.

Sometimes great things need a show of faith and external support past the person attempting it, otherwise we are all stuck in the dark ages.
Bitcoin isn't meant to be only used by the Crypto nerds either. But to burst your bubble, you're probably stuck with us in the beginning. Tongue

I'll show faith in the software when it can be thoroughly inspected , not in the person who made it and can tell us anything. Avoiding dark ages through blind faith isn't the best option if you look up some history books.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:49:14 PM

I run it on a desktop that does nothing besides going to run emunie. You don't need to run it on a computer where you have personal stuff or important stuff. I understand what you are saying but that's not common sense. Missing out on a crypto currency that might be the future over something silly as setting up a VM or running on a computer with no important information?
I think I was pretty clear: With the evidence at hand I consider the possibility of emunie being the future of crypto currencies so unlikely that it's not worth much work or risk. Much like I don't worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even though doing that _might_ save me from damnation if it turns out Pastafarianism truly was the one true religion.

When the details are out I'll take another look. Until then, good luck to you (and may His Noodly Appendages bless you)

I tried to study it and gave up. But I am not going to bag on it. Let them bring to market and if they write a comprehensible whitepaper, I may look again.

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:50:49 PM

No ones tasted the pie yet, it's not finished...unless you like to take pies out the oven half baked and have a bite.

So are you going to release concrete information on how eMunie will be protected before you start taking money from people? Or are we going to remain at the same point we were 6 months ago with absolutely nothing? Because that would be a scam.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:51:40 PM

I am okay with skepticism. I was trying to explain why you all felt it necessary to taunt him about your superior profits. Yeah his technical arguments were flawed and he is novice, but he is just expressing an opinion. You can argue facts without the whipping out the dick measuring tape.

That is why I taunted you so you would know how unproductive, mindless, and childish that tit-for-tat is.

What is amazing (well not) is how bitCONers will put themselves in prison just because the better altcoin hasn't arrived yet.

But exponential ponzi gains driving dopamine spikes atrophies the brain, so it is easy to understand their lack of research and self-discipline.

In any case, we will all be happier (in a long-term stable way) and better off once that altcoin comes. And it won't be very long from now, probably before Xmas.

Only profits I have I worked for Anony, im on record here saying BTC is fantastically centralized ( for a cryptocurrency in my opinion)  , did you hear me say otherwise,  I also outlined the reasons behind that .

I always try to stay out of prisons .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:53:14 PM

So are you going to release concrete information on how eMunie will be protected before you start taking money from people? Or are we going to remain at the same point we were 6 months ago with absolutely nothing? Because that would be a scam.

Of course, which is why I haven't announced anything official yet.  Some client development has overran by a few days so that will be handled first.

Radix - DLT x.0

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:53:47 PM

Whitepaper is incoming, client is more important than a paper right now.  Client will be publicly released in Jan.

As or the code, Ive explained my reason behind this many times, but I'll make it simple

You go give away a year of your life, and $80,000 with little promise of return and you've got a deal!

Bitcoin could not have succeeded if it wasn't open source. With no central authority to lend credibility and accountability, a peer-to-peer system has to be completely open or there will always be doubt about flaws, backdoors, etc. It has to be tested from every possible angle, attacked from every side. Only then will people trust it enough to invest.

Agreed, but there is no reason it must be open-source in initial launch phase, because the motivation to mine it will outweigh the concern that the source isn't release yet.

The developer has an incentive to keep it closed-source initially to prevent others from stealing his key algorithms too soon before he has established the first leader advantage (mostly in terms of mining network hashrate, or eMunie's case number of clients on the network).

IMHO, the source should be released within a month of launch.

Also holding back the source can aid in forking early on if flaws are discovered, because everyone is reliant on the developer to provide a binary.

Bitcoin was effectively closed-source in 2008 because only a few people were looking at it.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:56:40 PM

+1

Finally, thanks!

Radix - DLT x.0

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:02:45 AM

Please don't me regret writing that, and make a scam coin.

I will aggressively out any scam coin in order to keep the market open for bonafide altcoins.

Etlase2

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:03:57 AM

I will aggressively out any scam coin in order to keep the market open for bonafide altcoins.

Oh I am sure that is going to work well.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 12:06:15 AM

Please don't me regret writing that, and make a scam coin.

And so you should highlight these dis-honest alts.

I guess I shouldn't take offense so easily, and usually I don't, it's been an unusual day so apologies for my "fly off the handle" behaviors this evening...this crypto arena is RIFE with scams so a lot of default standpoints are going to be doubt.

Radix - DLT x.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: