Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price checker windows app ??  (Read 259 times)
BluePowder (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:59:30 PM

it looks too simple but good. I prefer a little bit more graphical interface myself. also add a little chart under your Logging (To Chart!). if I am not mistaken Windows Forms which you seem to be using already has a chart option that can draw a line chart for you.

in any case you can call me paranoid but I still wouldn't download any .exe file from a developer without a history that I don't know. it doesn't matter what the file is or how big or small the size of it is. Wink

I wasn't looking to offer new features that are already available to a trader and that he wouldn't use on his media center, such as charts. I was looking to fill a void for auto pricing where the current options were dismal. The utility is to remind you of the price so you can catch changes without sitting down at a PC, and if needed then go to your PC and make a trade, the only other option I might add is red or green indicator to show if the price is up or down from last response.

Media centers and display terminals rarely have a keyboard or mouse, that is why I wrote this. For years I used to bookmark the price but that just ruined other windows and firefox would use 500mb memory to show me 4 digits and took up half the screen to display it in 10pt text. Not to mention nobody was giving the price honestly without trackers and cookies, and the APIs just returned small text with a lot of garbage in it. I found myself standing in front of the TV many times a day trying to load a price with a remote control, or was forced to use services that came with a lot of tracking and massive resources.

I adressed the security issues already in my other post. Usually when a program is released, people like myself are happy to be the first to download and become the hero to blow the whistle on undocumented features, which I already mentioned has 0 undocumented calls, and if released, can be verified by even a non programmer.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BluePowder (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:12:32 PM

No not wrong.. you're just a non reader and have no idea what you're talking about.

Non-Reader ? You can say that.I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about.Don't give me that "I wrote a windows app"  and now I'm the next big thing after Bill Gates attitude.I did misunderstood your post but I'm pretty sure my technical insights are correct.Also you know,people using Windows for "programming" is an instant turn down for me.

"Single function 900kb standalone" - Lmao Mate,do you even optimise ? I can confidently say you're a terrible programmer if your single function can weigh a standalone upto 900kb.Maybe learn a thing or two instead of being the self proclaimed badass ?

You've opened your mouth 3 times and been wrong each time.

Just to show you how stupid you are, even if I took out 10,000 characters it would bring the file from 900k to 890k.  Which is not even possible because there isn't 10,000 chars in it.  Fool again

Not only are you an idiot, but you're a disgrace to reply about a windows program to say that you don't like windows. I don't like macs, it doesn't mean I'm going to troll the mac posts because essentially every post I would not like. Thanks for informing us about your useless personal opinion that you don't like windows programming.

Please SHTFU and stop embarassing yourself. You have a no understanding in this field and are misleading users with your grossly inaccurate techincal knowledge.
BluePowder (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:25:28 PM

"Single function 900kb standalone" - Lmao Mate,do you even optimise ? I can confidently say you're a terrible programmer if your single function can weigh a standalone upto 900kb.Maybe learn a thing or two instead of being the self proclaimed badass ?

Let me reach for the aluminium bat and hit this one home to further show what an idiot you are. 

"You can confidently say that I'm a bad programmer" over a  900k windows app you haven't seen.

Mr Confident, you fail again because the Borland runtime is 600k, http control 200k, SSL handler 100k.

I'm a bad programmer for including 800-900k of required controls ?

How do you feel eating your shoes again ?

For those that are listening to this dummy, optimization doesn't reduce a file size. It is meant to make large complex programs runs faster or have so many functions that it could benefit from reusing code. The #1 programmer in the world couldn't optimize this one bit, optimization is not done in small programs because there is nothing to optimize or reuse.
BluePowder (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:24:58 PM

Alright. ignoring the security argument, here's my opinion. I personally think it looks too 80's-ish. If I were to project a price display on a big screen I would prefer something that has more of a modern design.

Personally I prefer material design when using any app(including price viewers) on any platform or device. Here's the guidelines[1] if you're interested.

[1] https://material.io/guidelines/#introduction-principles

It looks dull because I'm using a Win classic theme on my dev PC. It's a windows app so it will look exactly like the users default windows. It has Black, White, Default, and Transparent and borderless. With the transparent option it looks just like a media player would overlay your volume values. I don't know how better you can get, we are dealing with 4-5 numbers and I don't think people want rainbows and unicorns on their BTC price. If you think it can get any better I'm listening, but this is a utility so it shouldn't have extra design features, only those available in the default windows controls.

You can run multiple instances so you can transparent ETH and BTC beside each other.
BluePowder (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:36:54 PM

It doesn't look like anyone is interested so I doubt I'll be releasing it here or anywhere but it does have one design feature at least

Transparent mode

Also overlay mode which is like transparent but removes the other images for a few seconds while it pops the price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: