Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRULY YOURS IS GUILTY HAVING AN ALT ACCOUNTS!  (Read 438 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:11:32 PM

I can ask you something, it is allowed that a user sells bitcointalk account yes or no, and because they reason, because I would like to work on that topic reporting

Is it allowed by forum policy? Yes. You won't get banned for selling/buying forum accounts. Although, that being said you will receive red trust from DefaultTrust and other members for doing it just as you've found out here.

Forum accounts were sold a few years ago and it wasn't too much of a big deal then. People did scam with them sometimes, but others just used the accounts to avoid ranking up issues which I believe theymos stated at some point he wasn't against the idea of this happening.

Although, nowadays it's a much bigger problem. Account sales are almost always used for either scamming, signature campaign abuse, or they have been hacked from the database leak a few years back. So if you are asking whether you can get banned for trading in accounts then the answer is no. But, this doesn't mean you should trade in accounts as it's highly frowned upon by the community and a select few actively look from sold accounts. In fact there's now a password/email change log that I would bet that a few users are downloading and watching out for suspicious activity on accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:59:51 PM

I can ask you something, it is allowed that a user sells bitcointalk account yes or no, and because they reason, because I would like to work on that topic reporting
Why do you need to think about these activities as selling of accounts is not a good way to approach and if you are planning to learn from it so be it as you might attract some scammers and you will end up loosing your money and there was a breach in the system which made the attacker monitor things further.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:06:13 PM

To summarize my last reply; Just don't do it. It's not worth it as you are potentially aiding scammers and signature campaign abuse and as you can see people are already sick and tired of the signature campaign abuse which is going on.

Heed SaShiRaJaVu advise too. Without using a escrow your likely to get scammed yourself, and no escrow these days are going to help the sale of accounts.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: