Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.bitstamp.net - owner has denied your access to the site.  (Read 16990 times)
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2833
Merit: 1851

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:02:47 PM

seriously can't think of a worst error message on the exchange that "it's gone" i mean i guess maybe "i'm on a plane to south america with all your bitcoins" would be worse but not by much.  

"Feeeeed me Roger!"  -Bcash
n-gage

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:04:14 PM

Ok this is getting comical now. I managed to get it to load once and saw a spread of $20-30 between buy/sell asks. But it still doesn't work overall.

Dude this is not comical at all. Looks like I just lost $21,000 (wire transfer requested @ 12/11). I'm buying a ticket to Slovenia.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:07:18 PM

Ok this is getting comical now. I managed to get it to load once and saw a spread of $20-30 between buy/sell asks. But it still doesn't work overall.

Dude this is not comical at all. Looks like I just lost $21,000 (wire transfer requested @ 12/11). I'm buying a ticket to Slovenia.

I wouldn't panic YET... it looks like trades are still executing every now and then, and I am able to log in briefly, but not long enough to make a trade. If Bitstamp was running off, I think the whole thing would just be gone...

If they did just f*ck us, I'll meet you in Slovenia.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:08:37 PM

Yes, the price is moving (Autorefresh of tab title works once you managed to load the home page), so I guess orders are still being processed, somehow.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Kenishi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:19:29 PM

Bitstamp loading now fast here from Switzerland and everything seems to work fine as it should.

EDIT: And down again... Sad
RedGolpe

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:21:04 PM

Not so fast but it looks alive for the first time in the last 6 hours.

EDIT: nevermind, incapsula error again
gassperj

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

Looks like a server overload. It happened before and always went back online so no need to panic. It happens when the market is very volatile like today.
It's a shame we can't trade and loosing our money. They should buy more server power.
strmir

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:26:56 PM

Yeah, incapsula error again. I managed to request BTC withdrawal in the meantime though, last time I was able to log in it sit in queue. Hope it gets thru today Smiley
Mahn

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:28:59 PM

Working for me now. Let the selling commence.

RedGolpe

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:42:51 PM

Looks smoother now, still slow but working. APIs still down
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:50:11 PM

Finally got my order in. I don't dare try to cancel and place at a better point...
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:44:55 PM

you guys are lucky that you have funds to place orders.

small 5 digits in transfers are currently in bitstamp limbo.....

AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:54:21 PM

It's alive again. But transfers crawling.
Evolutionary

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:34:52 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 10:15:03 PM by Evolutionary

I'm in the USA, I can finally get into bitstamp.  Am I supposed to use the
International Withdrawal for $15, or were there other options like ACH?

I have to call my bank and get the SWIFT code / IBAN or what?

No customer support phone number on bitstamp, or live support, only email tickets.    Nice.

EDIT UPDATE:

I got my SWIFT code and bank address.  Filled out the international withdraw form.
Says I need an email confirmation.

Guess what.  No email confirmation forthcoming.  Of course I checked my Spam folder.

Good game, bitstamp.  Good game.
n-gage

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:41:37 PM

I'm in the USA, I can finally get into bitstamp.  Am I supposed to use the
International Withdrawal for $15, or were there other options like ACH?

I have to call my bank and get the SWIFT code / IBAN or what?

No customer support phone number on bitstamp, or live support, only email tickets.    Nice.

EDIT UPDATE:

I got my SWIFT code and bank address.  Filled out the international withdraw form.
Says I need an email confirmation.

Guess what.  No email confirmation forthcoming.  Of course I checked my Spam folder.

Good game, bitstamp.  Good game.

I'm still waiting since Nov 12 for my wire transfer to show up on my bank account Sad
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:50:28 PM

It's down again!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:12:19 PM

Currently it's up here. Allthough I live in Europe. I'm wondering whether that does even matter.. I don't think so.

They can't block Americans as easy as that. Especially not when you have some BTC stored there or something ^^

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
markn

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:56:59 PM

Offline for me as well. Damn it Bitstamp, I'm in fiat and want to buy back in Sad

same with me at least I managed to sell everything before it happened unfortunately I didnot manage to load in again... missed opportunity

but I hope they have strong security measurements - when people were able to hack Mtgox at times when BTC was $5 I expect it is only matter of time when some shit happen again - and this time it would be very hard to explain to thousands of people that they are very sorry and it will not happen again but as they know this is completely unregulated business.... Grin

what if IT admin from BitStamp thinks that his salary is not that big as it could be.....  Grin
or on the contrary his salary is so good so that he forget to check something or set passwords like 123456....
Evolutionary

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:03:55 AM

They cancelled my withdrawal, about 3 hours after I requested it.

Now I put in another request.  On the previous request which they cancelled, The verification email never came.  

Please note I sent in all my documents and received a Bitstamp email confirming I was validated as such.
markn

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:11:00 AM

Still nothing. It won't even load now. There's going to be such a massive panic sell when they get back online...

"if" they get back online... ever

Plus, complete silence from their side for many hours. Bad PR move from an exchange managing millions of USD which belong to their customers. Either they are in deep shit and don't know what to do/say, either they just don't give a shit about their customers - both things are bad.

I've got another point. They are gone Smiley

I think it is only matter of time when something happen and next time it will not be fun like before when someone lost thousands of bitcoins worth of nothing.
This time people take a shotgun and try to express their intentions more precisely instead of waiting for court judgement which hardly help.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: