Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New live charts site  (Read 1158 times)
SyRenity (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:33:31 PM

I propose a new MSC charts site, which will track both the current Google Spreadsheet based order-book, the upcoming distributed exchange, and any leading exchanges that may pop-up over the time.

The idea is to have a dedicated bitcoinity.org inspired charts site, for up-to-date exchange rate information tracking. This could be yet another good vector to MSC wide-adoption.

Please post here any known effort that already being done in the area, so we could either collaborate with people, or set a new bounty on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:36:59 PM

As soon as more activity happens on the distributed exchange the chart here will start to get some data. If there is an API for google docs I can probably add the order book data in as well.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:43:45 PM

As soon as more activity happens on the distributed exchange the chart here will start to get some data. If there is an API for google docs I can probably add the order book data in as well.

Isn't the orderbook probably going away pretty shortly (once the distributed exchange takes hold)?

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/ is an awesome charts site. It would be great to have MSC charts like that...I've reached out to him about adding PPC charting but that didn't get very far. Looks like it may be proprietary JS (all of it is minified so it's hard to tell).
SyRenity (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:27:15 PM

Isn't the orderbook probably going away pretty shortly (once the distributed exchange takes hold)?

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/ is an awesome charts site. It would be great to have MSC charts like that...I've reached out to him about adding PPC charting but that didn't get very far. Looks like it may be proprietary JS (all of it is minified so it's hard to tell).

I agree, the site much more reactive to changes in rate, albeit more complex to understand for a crypto newcomer.

I think it still worth having a separate, independent charts site not locked to a particular exchange, as people could get proper view of behavior on different exchange mediums, and get exposed more to MSC trading.
SyRenity (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:28:26 PM

I might be missing something but it doesn't seem a live one?

One of the great points of bitcoinity/bitcoinwisdom is that the chart update in live fashion, giving that "professional" feeling and legitimation to the trading.
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

I agree, the site much more reactive to changes in rate, albeit more complex to understand for a crypto newcomer.

I think it still worth having a separate, independent charts site not locked to a particular exchange, as people could get proper view of behavior on different exchange mediums, and get exposed more to MSC trading.

Yeah, bitcoinwisdom is more intended for traders and people experienced with reading charts. However, with MSC aiming to offer things like betting, DEx, and custom currencies trading, I believe traders will naturally end up gravitating towards it in a major way. Thus eventually having a readout like bitcoinwisdom does will end up being crucial. For just normal users, a simpler "full screen" type chart site would be good enough.
SyRenity (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:02:21 PM

I've created a public board for the project, and added there everything mentioned so far in this thread:
https://trello.com/b/JlxzcsVs/live-charts

You are welcome to fill the backlog with ideas, so we could prioritize them and add to development queue.

Also anyone looking to participate in this project and bringing the necessary skills, you welcome to PM me to be added to the board.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:55:50 PM

I might be missing something but it doesn't seem a live one?

One of the great points of bitcoinity/bitcoinwisdom is that the chart update in live fashion, giving that "professional" feeling and legitimation to the trading.

There is not enough data to warrant live data. However it's a few minutes work to make it live Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
SyRenity (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:50:53 PM

Hi,

There is not enough data to warrant live data. However it's a few minutes work to make it live Smiley

This is good to know, do you plan to provide some or most of the features currently present in bitcoinity and bitcoin wisdom?

These features can contribute to MasterCoin adoption, by people being able to analyze and speculate on MasterCoin behavior compared to regular BTC or other crypto currencies, and we best to introduce them early into the game.

Also, can you do this within the existing bounty you are working in?
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 09:48:19 PM

The biggest problem is that Mastercoin always works on block delay. So having live charts are always less interesting on Mastercoin then they are on Bitcoin. There is no instant change, change only happens when a new block is found. However yes, I plan to add these features even if they are not part of a bounty Smiley

SyRenity (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:58:39 AM

The biggest problem is that Mastercoin always works on block delay. So having live charts are always less interesting on Mastercoin then they are on Bitcoin. There is no instant change, change only happens when a new block is found. However yes, I plan to add these features even if they are not part of a bounty Smiley

I see, I did not take this limitation into account.
What about the upcoming distributed exchange deals, they will also be performed (and updated in the order book) only after the block delays?
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

Yup, theoretically it's possible to show unconfirmed transactions but since block position is a big thing in deciding whether a transaction is valid the results won't be correct until it's actually included in a block.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: