Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:37:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Outside CEO of Paypal claims that Bitcoin is a SCAM. Your views?  (Read 133 times)
djsugar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

I was just browsing cointelegraph's posts from yesterday when I bumped into this news article. I feel his statements are highly exaggerated and he is over emphasizing on the negative aspects of cryptos (Some of them are not even true). What are your views on this?
This news definitely didn't create a FUD because we didn't see the market dropping.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-is-a-scam-claims-ousted-ceo-of-paypal
loews

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:03:16 PM

Fud to buy cheap coins
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:05:31 PM

Fud to buy cheap coins
Agreed while everyone and their mother are embracing cryptocurrency (even amazon wants to do some kind of token on the blockchain for taking payments) they are dismissing it and in doing this the technology that backs it.

Didn't goldman sachs do the exact same thing last month while they were filling their bags full of coins? Roll Eyes

Rtd1604

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:08:49 PM

I read his Forbes article and all this man is doing is trying to say the whole Bitcoin community is a bunch of scam artist trying to suck money out of those less informed about it. In time I believe that we will see him either change his tune on Bitcoin or it will come out that he has invested in Bitcoin, most of these attacks on Bitcoin are used to drive the price down so people can get into the game at a lower price point and then when the money starts rolling in say see I told you this was a great investment. So i would take anything he says with a grain of salt and regard it as someone that really has no clue about what they are talking about.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:09:38 PM

I was just browsing cointelegraph's posts from yesterday when I bumped into this news article. I feel his statements are highly exaggerated and he is over emphasizing on the negative aspects of cryptos (Some of them are not even true). What are your views on this?
This news definitely didn't create a FUD because we didn't see the market dropping.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-is-a-scam-claims-ousted-ceo-of-paypal

When cryptocurrency especially bitcoin came into existence it has place a huge impact on Paypals transaction. Before Paypal have the monopoly as the biggest online payment system but everything changes when people started to accept cryptocurrency and bitcoin as payments online. Bitcoin is a threat to Paypal and they are trying to remove the threat by posting some negative news and reviews about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: