Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ether is popular and will be likely to surpass bitcoin?  (Read 200 times)
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:17:13 PM

For now, I would say no. There is still a huge gap between the price of these two based on the marketcap. But who knows?! Maybe in a few years time, it is possible because Ether has become more useful than Bitcoin.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:23:26 PM

I came to a point where reading a lot inputs from the btt forum specifically in altcoin discussion makes me realize how much ether has grown its  popularity. I guess most of the crypto are merging from ether platform which somehow became the basis in form of payment in investing tokens on ICO period. Other than that ether has soundly being discussed that it will be next to bitcoin and in the near future the price will relatively surpass bitcoin. I guess it could be true that this speculation could happen. However, it is early for now to evaluate on what could ether be like few years from now. If you are going to ask will ether be like bitcoiin in the near future?

Hoping that ethereum will be like soon in bitcoin in the future in terms of  price value and popularization,thats mostly now wants those who invest  in ethereum coins,especially now this happen of bull run of all cryptocoin in the market, that one is the ethereum having a big rise now its value  thats run almost into approximattely $600-$650,and maybe this several months now left,in this year 2018 its will turns more pumps into the blockchain market.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
BetadiNe

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:25:23 PM

I do not know why now many people who talk about ethereum comparison will be a bitcoin competitor or not, I think it will not happen in my opinion ethereum may be very close to bitcoin but will not go beyond it, supply ethereum more than bitcoin, so it's not possible happen.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:20:05 PM

Ethereum is popular but so is bitcoin, and there is no competition between the two, for both belong in most portfolios together.
timmeyh

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

Tough question, considering how unstable things are with crypto currencies in general. But if I were forced to answer it I would say that in a matter of 2 years from now ETH will be at the same price that BTC is now( around 9k$).
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:46:30 PM

Ethereum is popular, but Bitcoin is way more popular. Bitcoin is recognized by people around the world while Ethereum and other altcoins and tokens are known mostly to crypto community members. There is a reason why Bitcoin is recognized as the king of the crypto world due to its popularity and due to the fact that it was the first coin to challenge the FIAT currencies operated governments around the world. Ethereum and other coins might be better in some areas, but they will never surpass Bitcoin if you ask me just because of the popularity factor. Bitcoin will continue to dominate.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:03:06 PM

I came to a point where reading a lot inputs from the btt forum specifically in altcoin discussion makes me realize how much ether has grown its  popularity. I guess most of the crypto are merging from ether platform which somehow became the basis in form of payment in investing tokens on ICO period. Other than that ether has soundly being discussed that it will be next to bitcoin and in the near future the price will relatively surpass bitcoin. I guess it could be true that this speculation could happen. However, it is early for now to evaluate on what could ether be like few years from now. If you are going to ask will ether be like bitcoiin in the near future?
It is good to have a poll here about Bitcoin vs. Ethereum. We can see how many people will say and defend this two coins. But probably, many people will choose both.
In my opinion, ethereum is really different in bitcoin. It is useful in cryptocurrency specially, it's smart contracts. Ethereum can achieve what bitcoin's did but it can never surpass the bitcoin. Innovations of bitcoin using LN will take a lead for the bitcoin to stay at the top.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:11:43 PM

In terms of its price, popularity, adoption and community bitcoin has the most upper hand among all the coins out there that is why it was sitting on the number one spot for all these years from its creation date but it lacks some specifications and usability, that's how we can enter the altcoins most of all the eth which is mentioned on the OP, altcoins has a unique features or just a copycat coins that were being hyped, it surpassed in terms of that factors.

fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:34:40 PM

In my opinion ethereum can not exceed bitcoin because bitcoin aims for wealth storage media such as digital gold which eventually become globally adopted currency, whereas ethereum aims to be a platform that smart contracts can use and I think bitcoin remains the number one digital currency in the world and there will be no coin that can exceed bitcoin ...
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:38:58 PM

Yes I believe that ethereum will be popular and reach the peak but if to go beyond bitcoin I do not believe because the price of ethereum is far below the price of bitcoin guys.
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

I do believe that Ethereum is the strongest crypto in the market today that's why I choose invested Ethereum over Bitcoin this year.
I do believe that Ethereum would surpass Bitcoin's market cap because this year people want to support ethereum more than Bitcoin's and we can actually invest almost every crypto in the market today using Ethereum and it's fast and cheaper than Bitcoin.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:21:06 AM

Yes I believe that ethereum will be popular and reach the peak but if to go beyond bitcoin I do not believe because the price of ethereum is far below the price of bitcoin guys.

currently it's impossible for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin's market cap but Ethereum already beaten Bitcoin's features like cheaper transaction fee, faster in terms of transaction speed, more scalable and a lot more.
If people do support ethereum more than Bitcoin then it's not Impossible to surpass Bitcoin's market cap in just a minimum of time.
In my personal reference, I prefer investing Ethereum than Bitcoin beucase it's cheaper and we can but almost every altcoin in the crypto market today.

Limar0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:25:23 AM

Both coins are popular and in terms of value and profit gains, bitcoin is more valuable than ethereum.Yes I agree with you based on market trends of ETH that it will surpass BTC but it takes some time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: