Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70063 times)
canuckgal

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:25:52 AM

So they could in theory just keep holding these blocks, and never let me trade?

Cash Bitcoin sales in Winnipeg at www.bitcoinwpg.com. Western Union also available on Local Bitcoins (WinnipegBitcoinSeller)
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/WinnipegBitcoinSeller/

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep...in a blender." - Simpson, Homer J.

Tips: 1L5n1xgXzPyHDk84Ccpv5r3TKdiKcrVrfs
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:22:47 AM

So they could in theory just keep holding these blocks, and never let me trade?
If the IPO is unsuccessful they would give the money back, or it would be a scam.
But... we've been telling you from the start that this whole operation is shady at best, you didn't listen...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:50:01 PM

IPOs on Havelock have time limits. If this tranche doesn't sell it, it will probably be the last one. So much for the "discounted price", then.

Yeah, the good old "discounted price" scam.

If you want to sell 100 shares of something at 1 BTC it works like this:

1.  Announce you're selling 200 shares worth 2 BTC.
2.  Announce the first 100 will be sold at half-price.
3.  Rush it so noone has time to ask questions if they want to get in on the 'bargain' - you don't want them noticing that not only are your projections based on unsubstantiated estimates of future profits but that your math doesn't even work out IF your assumptions were correct.  Nor do you want anyone worrying about little missing details like existing assets, historical accounts etc.

You get to sell what you wanted at the price you wanted - and if you're really lucky some idiots even pay the 'full' price.  It worked for quite a few securities on Bitfunder (obviously the last blocks never sold out but the issuers raised plenty of BTC for selling near-worthless junk).
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:39:41 PM

IPOs on Havelock have time limits. If this tranche doesn't sell it, it will probably be the last one. So much for the "discounted price", then.

Yeah, the good old "discounted price" scam.

If you want to sell 100 shares of something at 1 BTC it works like this:

1.  Announce you're selling 200 shares worth 2 BTC.
2.  Announce the first 100 will be sold at half-price.
3.  Rush it so noone has time to ask questions if they want to get in on the 'bargain' - you don't want them noticing that not only are your projections based on unsubstantiated estimates of future profits but that your math doesn't even work out IF your assumptions were correct.  Nor do you want anyone worrying about little missing details like existing assets, historical accounts etc.

You get to sell what you wanted at the price you wanted - and if you're really lucky some idiots even pay the 'full' price.  It worked for quite a few securities on Bitfunder (obviously the last blocks never sold out but the issuers raised plenty of BTC for selling near-worthless junk).
+!, which makes me wonder, should I be selling everything I have and get out of Havelock securities altogether?  Because an IPO like this sure doesn't give me confidence in their exchange.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

+!, which makes me wonder, should I be selling everything I have and get out of Havelock securities altogether?  Because an IPO like this sure doesn't give me confidence in their exchange.
If I had any asset there, I would sell it to 0.
I only have a single share, though, so I can't really sell it, since its value is less than the minimum withdrawal :v

velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:24:29 PM

If I had any asset there, I would sell it to 0.
I only have a single share, though, so I can't really sell it, since its value is less than the minimum withdrawal :v

what if the asset you have has a direct share system in place as a bit of insurance against this exchange failing?

At his point, I wouldn't invest in anything that didn't have a direct shares system already in place.

blowstampede

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:43:18 AM

Havelock has been pretty uncommunicative on this, pretty disappointing...

Can someone from Havelock please explain what will happen if the IPO is not fully subscribed? 

Seems pretty fraudulent if you either:
i. keep investor funds locked when the block sales are going nowhere, or
ii. stopped the rest of the subscription blocks, and allowed market trading of the shares already purchased (i.e. without fulfilling the terms of the prospectus by not selling all the tranches and screwing the initial investors by misleading them)
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:33:51 AM

what if the asset you have has a direct share system in place as a bit of insurance against this exchange failing?
Convert it to direct, then.

Remember that Bitfunder operated as a fractional reserve, what's holding havelock from screwing up this too?

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:48:15 AM

Remember that Bitfunder operated as a fractional reserve, what's holding havelock from screwing up this too?

We get it you don't like Havelock. No reason to make up hypothetical situations. I don't understand how bitfunder could operate as a fractional reserve but ukyo.loan most likely did. And there is not a single shred of evidence that suggests Havelock is doing so.

Havelock and Bitfunder are different on so many levels it makes no sense to compare. Bitfunder was run by 1 guy in a country that clearly states that all securities/exchanges must be registered with SEC. Havelock is a team who has been running a legal operating exchange in panaman since 2008 merged with a bitcoin security exchange that has been operating smoothly for more than a year.

Part of being a registered exchange in panama is the requirement of $25,000 iirc and there are names attached to whoever registered The Panama Fund, SA. Unlike Bitfunder there is a physical location and contact numbers.

Again to this day we have no idea why bitfunder or even btct.co shut down as neither burnside or ukyo have clarified why.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:42:02 PM

We get it you don't like Havelock. No reason to make up hypothetical situations. I don't understand how bitfunder could operate as a fractional reserve but ukyo.loan most likely did. And there is not a single shred of evidence that suggests Havelock is doing so.

Havelock and Bitfunder are different on so many levels it makes no sense to compare. Bitfunder was run by 1 guy in a country that clearly states that all securities/exchanges must be registered with SEC. Havelock is a team who has been running a legal operating exchange in panaman since 2008 merged with a bitcoin security exchange that has been operating smoothly for more than a year.

Part of being a registered exchange in panama is the requirement of $25,000 iirc and there are names attached to whoever registered The Panama Fund, SA. Unlike Bitfunder there is a physical location and contact numbers.

Again to this day we have no idea why bitfunder or even btct.co shut down as neither burnside or ukyo have clarified why.

Lolz.
No signs that Havelock was operating as a "fractional reserve"?
Havelock is trying to sell share in itself after purportedly being bough by  some doods in Panama.
And failing hard.

Re: "registered exchange in Panama"?  More lolz.  It's a registered Panamanian shelf company.
It costs more money and requires more documentation to register *a dog* in US.

Jimmothy, how much of this mystery bag did you buy? Cheesy
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:03:55 PM

HIF IPO... more like HIV POS... better be covered when investing in it... haha...  Grin
ergofobe

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:50:14 PM

Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

FWIW, I've been to the offices many times.  It's not just a shelf corporation.  They are serious about building a solid and trustworthy business. 

I deal with leadership of The Panama Fund directly on a regular basis, and have been for awhile.  They're some of my best and largest customers.
crumbs

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:06:40 PM

Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

FWIW, I've been to the offices many times.  It's not just a shelf corporation.  They are serious about building a solid and trustworthy business. 

I deal with leadership of The Panama Fund directly on a regular basis, and have been for awhile.  They're some of my best and largest customers.

Lol, OK ergfobe, your word's good enough for me.
Can i give you my money, and you can just drop it off at The Panama Fund next time you stop by their office?

vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:09:43 PM

This person is a trusted and established businessmen and has been a great customer to www.panamabitcoins.com, I vouch that he has the financial backing to be able to carry on this project.
ergofobe

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

Can i give you my money, and you can just drop it off at The Panama Fund next time you stop by their office?

I know you're trolling, but short answer, sure.  I'd be happy to hand deliver your BTC.  Roll Eyes
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:15:29 PM

Who could have guessed!

And who are you, what do you do, and why should we take your word for it? How do we know you are not just one of the Havelock guys trying to hype your stock under a sock-puppet account?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
crumbs

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:19:53 PM

I know you're trolling, but short answer, sure.  I'd be happy to hand deliver your BTC.  Roll Eyes

I'm not trolling if you're not trolling.  Care to share the address of the office you visit so often?  Or does this reputable multimillion dollar corporation wish to remain anonymous just like its friends, the other multimillion dollar corporations?

P.S:
The IPO failed.
No one was fooled.
The flippers got burnt.
Next.
ergofobe

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:28:07 PM

Who could have guessed!

And who are you, what do you do, and why should we take your word for it? How do we know you are not just one of the Havelock guys trying to hype your stock under a sock-puppet account?

You shouldn't take my word for it.  You should verify for yourself.  But since you're obviously not willing to make the effort, and seem content to sit here all day trolling, I guess you'll just have to take me at my word.
crumbs

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:36:44 PM

Who could have guessed!

FWIW, I've been to the offices many times.  It's not just a shelf corporation.  They are serious about building a solid and trustworthy business.  

I deal with leadership of The Panama Fund directly on a regular basis, and have been for awhile.  They're some of my best and largest customers.

You shouldn't take my word for it.  You should verify for yourself.  But since you're obviously not willing to make the effort, and seem content to sit here all day trolling, I guess you'll just have to take me at my word.

How do you suggest i should verify it?  Not that your word ain't plenty good enough 4 me, but for those doubters who aren't 100% convinced they should get in the van invest?

*This is the first multimillion i've dealt with that can't even afford decent socks.
ergofobe

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:46:08 PM

I'm not trolling if you're not trolling.  Care to share the address of the office you visit so often?  Or does this reputable multimillion dollar corporation wish to remain anonymous just like its friends, the other multimillion dollar corporations?

I don't represent TPF, but they are my customer, so I'm more concerned with protecting their privacy than squelching your doubts.  However, the address he listed, in Tower A of the Torres de las Americas, in Punta Pacifica, Panama City, Republic of Panama is valid.  The information desk on the ground floor will be able to assist you -- but since it's a secure building, they will need to announce you to the office before granting you a visitors pass.  I suggest you show up in business casual attire, as that's the minimum standard here in Panama.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: