Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70063 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

great start to the IPO on havelock.

HIF last trade ฿0.00015100 - down nearly 80%

It wasn't the best ipo but price of last trade has risen to .0005  today
Havelock used their funds from the IPO to buy everything below IPO share price?

This is trading on their own exchange, there is nobody else who could check to see if they were doing something like that.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:31:23 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 04:57:19 PM by crumbs

great start to the IPO on havelock.

HIF last trade ฿0.00015100 - down nearly 80%

It wasn't the best ipo but price of last trade has risen to .0005  today
Havelock used their funds from the IPO to buy everything below IPO share price?

This is trading on their own exchange, there is nobody else who could check to see if they were doing something like that.

"They" do not want those shares at any price.  The shares are over-valuated by such a huge factor that buying them at less than 99% discount is simply absurd.

Lowbrow Scamming 101:
Let the mark feel smart, let him think through every possible way you could shortchange him.
Don't shortchange him -- just walk away with all of his money.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

It is hard to keep track of everything going on around here, but with VTX delisting, and "mining companies" turning out to be scams, even though a couple new listings have gone up, the total number of listed funds has remained pretty much constant. How is this company supposed to grow and make the money projected in the prospectus if they lose business as fast as they get it new?

I still think the IPO was vastly overpriced.

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:17:59 AM

It is hard to keep track of everything going on around here, but with VTX delisting, and "mining companies" turning out to be scams, even though a couple new listings have gone up, the total number of listed funds has remained pretty much constant. How is this company supposed to grow and make the money projected in the prospectus if they lose business as fast as they get it new?

I still think the IPO was vastly overpriced.
"Vastly" is an understatement.
I'm not even sure how many orders of magnitude it was off...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
kuikmaa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:05:00 PM

This may have been covered in a past comment, but Id rather not sift through thread after thread of irrelevant bitching and complaining. Is there any word on when the first dividends are to be paid out? The prospectus states quarterly, so I would have assumed Jan 1 would have been the first payout. Am I missing something?
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:24:42 PM

This may have been covered in a past comment, but Id rather not sift through thread after thread of irrelevant bitching and complaining. Is there any word on when the first dividends are to be paid out? The prospectus states quarterly, so I would have assumed Jan 1 would have been the first payout. Am I missing something?

Hello kuikmaa,

Dividends are paid on a Quarterly basis. The first Full Quarter will be the 1st Quarter of 2014 03/31/2014.

It will also include income from the month of December 2013, which was the First Full month after the issuance of the Fund.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

kuikmaa

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

Hello kuikmaa,

Dividends are paid on a Quarterly basis. The first Full Quarter will be the 1st Quarter of 2014 03/31/2014.

It will also include income from the month of December 2013, which was the First Full month after the issuance of the Fund.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

Great, thanks for your quick reply!
Branny

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:22:33 PM

Any good way of getting ahold of havelock support, specifically the issuer department?

I submitted all the required documents for my asset (RentalStarter) last Monday and haven't heard since. Prior to that time email response was very rapid from their compliance department.
Branny

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

Have you tried calling the phone number on the website?

Called once, they said someone would call me within the next day (This was Monday). Called again today, got voicemail.
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

Have you tried calling the phone number on the website?

Called once, they said someone would call me within the next day (This was Monday). Called again today, got voicemail.

Our Finance Department has contacted you.

Good Luck!

Havelock Investments

QuanSushi

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:59:17 PM

Wow, the NEO&Bee launch has driven some stocks higher, especially HIF Smiley
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:11:30 PM

Wow, the NEO&Bee launch has driven some stocks higher, especially HIF Smiley

It is still overpriced, the price will go back down when this hype recedes.

Clobered09

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:57:53 AM

Does the Panama Fund have a company address/registration #?

Yes. Panama fund has been a registered exchange in panama since 2006 if I remember correctly.

The Panama Fund was formed in March of 2008, and it has never been registered as an exchange in Panama with either the SMV or its predecessor.  It is beyond me how you can remember two very specific things that simply did not happen. 
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:48:50 AM

Yes. Panama fund has been a registered exchange in panama since 2006 if I remember correctly.

The Panama Fund was formed in March of 2008, and it has never been registered as an exchange in Panama with either the SMV or its predecessor.  It is beyond me how you can remember two very specific things that simply did not happen. 

"The acquisitions creates the world's first, fully licensed, Bitcoin Denominated Fund Exchange, where companies from around the world will be able to raise capital directly, through the exclusive use of Bitcoins. "
Clobered09

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:56:09 AM

"The acquisitions creates the world's first, fully licensed, Bitcoin Denominated Fund Exchange, where companies from around the world will be able to raise capital directly, through the exclusive use of Bitcoins. "

Oh, well, if their website says it, it must be true!  Nobody can lie on the internet!  Except, apparently, Panama's SMV, which doesn't list them as one of the precisely two registered exchanges http://www.conaval.gob.pa/files/informacion_al_inversionista/InfoMer_Org_Auto.pdf.  That also explains your made-up date.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:11:24 AM

Oh, well, if their website says it, it must be true!  Nobody can lie on the internet!  Except, apparently, Panama's SMV, which doesn't list them as one of the precisely two registered exchanges http://www.conaval.gob.pa/files/informacion_al_inversionista/InfoMer_Org_Auto.pdf.  That also explains your made-up date.

http://www.supervalores.gob.pa/files/Sociedades/Sociedades_Inversion_Privada_DRA.pdf

Date was not made up but incorrectly remembered. (Hence the iirc)
Clobered09

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:45:45 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 06:16:59 AM by Clobered09

The Panama Fund was formed in March of 2008, and it has never been registered as an exchange in Panama with either the SMV or its predecessor.  It is beyond me how you can remember two very specific things that simply did not happen.  

"The acquisitions creates the world's first, fully licensed, Bitcoin Denominated Fund Exchange, where companies from around the world will be able to raise capital directly, through the exclusive use of Bitcoins. "

Oh, well, if their website says it, it must be true!  Nobody can lie on the internet!  Except, apparently, Panama's SMV, which doesn't list them as one of the precisely two registered exchanges http://www.conaval.gob.pa/files/informacion_al_inversionista/InfoMer_Org_Auto.pdf.  That also explains your made-up date.

http://www.supervalores.gob.pa/files/Sociedades/Sociedades_Inversion_Privada_DRA.pdf

Date was not made up but incorrectly remembered. (Hence the iirc)

It is made up, because that's not when they registered as an exchange, that's when they registered as a private investment company.  Whats a private investment company?  I believe Article 134 of Panama's Law Decree 1 of 1999 has the answer http://www.legalinfo-panama.com/legislacion/comercial/dl11999.pdf:

Artículo 134: Definición

Se considerarán sociedades de inversión privadas aquellas sociedades de inversion administradas en la República de Panamá o desde ésta, cuyas cuotas de participación no sean ofrecidas en la República de Panamá y cuyo pacto social, instrumento de fideicomiso o documento constitutivo contenga una de las siguientes disposiciones:

(1) Una disposición que limite la cantidad de propietarios efectivos de sus cuotas de participación a cincuenta, o que obligue a que las ofertas se hagan mediante comunicación privada y no a través de medios públicos de comunicación.

(2) Una disposición que establezca que sus cuotas de participación sólo se podrán ofrecer a inversionistas calificados en montos mínimos de inversión inicial de cien mil Balboas (B/.100,000).

Inversionistas calificados son, para los propósitos de este artículo, aquellas personas naturales o jurídicas (A) cuyo giro ordinario de negocios incluye la negociación, ya sea por cuenta propia o cuenta de terceros, de valores o bienes del tipo que conforma la cartera de inversiones de la sociedad de inversión privada o una parte significativa de ésta o (B) que han firmado una declaración en el sentido de que tienen, ya sea individualmente o en conjunto con su cónyuge, un patrimonio no inferior a un millón de Balboas (B/.1,000,000) y consienten que se les trate como un inversionista calificado. Las sociedades de inversión privadas no serán consideradas sociedades de inversion registradas y no estarán sujetas a las disposiciones del Capitulo II de este Título

For those with a little less experience with Panamanian legalese, or Spanish altogether, this says that a private investment company, by definition, must 1) limited the number of beneficial owners of its shares to fifty or prohibit public offers of interest, and 2) all non-accredited beneficial owners must invest at least $100,000 in value each.  

Doesn't sound much like an exchange to me.

Edit: Changed a "the" to "they".
jimmothy

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:31:06 AM

You are right. I was wrong to state that they were a registered exchange.

They are however a registered investment firm which has to count for something.

Maybe havelock can clarify the legality of running a btc denominated security exchange under the panama fund.
Clobered09

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:44:20 AM

You are right. I was wrong to state that they were a registered exchange.

They are however a registered investment firm which has to count for something.

Maybe havelock can clarify the legality of running a btc denominated security exchange under the panama fund.

There are very few obligations on registered private investment firms because only investment professionals and the super-rich are allowed to invest.  I would love for them to clarify, I've been trying to get them to for nearly a week, but their answers are extremely evasive.  As of today they claimed I was talking to a customer service rep, and from now on they'll give me answers from legal.  We'll see how that goes.  I wouldn't harass them so much if it weren't for the fact that they claim to be compliant.  Most of the investments here are pretty shady and clearly unlawful, and if consenting adults want to take the risk with their money, they should be able to, but Havelock has put a ton of effort into appearing to comply with the law.  That seems less like a free market and more like fraud to me. 
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:51:04 PM

They can.  They won't.  In the land of the blind, the guy who claims to have one eye is king.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: